• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] what do you think of intp girls

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
INTP girls seem sweet and quiet, but then once you get to know them they can be pretty wild!:D But they are hard to find BECAUSE they are so shy and quiet. :unsure: I'll admit, some of them are quite difficult to follow as far as a conversation goes, but beyond that, they are really nice. ;) INTP's in general are probably among the farthest from linear thinking, which makes is why it is so difficult I suppose to follow their thinking strategies. :peepwall:

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Most of what Dave said above.

I think I went out with an INTP girl for a while. She was definitely strange, but that was what caught my interest. Fascinating person with fascinating ideas, for sure. Very quiet, but not really shy, and a strong-willed wild side in there, too. She said I give good hugs. :blush:

It was a weird relationship, though. More like a friendship.

Probably the only INTP girl I've ever known. I don't run into them every day...

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
On the internet: logical and level-headed.
In all other categories: I don't know. I'm the only INTP I know of IRL.

MrME

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Have I already replied to this thread?

There are a few INTP girls that I've crushed on pretty hard in real life. I loved their calm and detatched exterior, their sideways smiles, and the brilliant stuff that comes out when you talk to them. :)

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ok, better description: such a relief, yet so intense when close enough.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTP girls seem sweet and quiet, but then once you get to know them they can be pretty wild!:D

hee. :smile:

... i only play hall monitor on the forums.

Alwar

The Architect
MBTI Type
INTP
How does the Unix beard manifest in the female INTP? Is the hair in a mousy bun all the time to make up for the lack of scraggly facial hair? The unruly haired scientist is a time honored tradition after all.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Have I ever met an INTP girl?
I'm not even sure.
They are so rare..
I picture a shy, intellectually inclined, and very socially awkward sort of woman- one who is independent and laidback- (I know INTJ/ENTP/ENTJ women though).. and certainly not one that can easily be found in a bar- unlike their boozehound ENTP counterparts, :p

On the other hand, I may be a little too stingy when it comes to typing Rationals especially when it comes to females- since society pressures even the most rationally-minded female to act like a Feeler.
I may know some chicks who actually are "INTP" but I have them as ISFP or INFP instead..

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
One of my closest friends is an INTP girl.

I keep a LOT to myself, regarding my thoughts, life, and things I do, or want to do.
Somehow she's managed to become my partner in crime.
I feel like I can talk with her about anything. There's no possibility of offending her; she never passes judgement. Only listens. Asks questions. Which force me to ask myself the same ones. Offers perspective, and is a bottomless well of ideas.

We can wander around downtown for hours, just talking about anything and nothing, coming up with schemes and theories and random connections through and between it all. We're never bored.. and as private as we both tend to be, we rarely need breaks from hanging out.. I guess it's just that unspoken need for one's own space, and respect of others. No one's ever imposing upon the other by nature.

We're both typically broke as shit, but everytime we hang out, that doesn't stop us from finding something new and interesting to do, see, think of/talk about.

She's incredibly easygoing and spontaneous, which is a great combination.. she lived at my house for a month or so last year, and we were always going off to see live bands, art shows, etc.. and although she was more free and unplanned, she never had an issue if she had to wait for me to get through with certain obligations I had, or routines, being the more orderly sort.. (my ESFP friend, on the other hand is far less patient.) My INTP friend is off in her own head a lot more, I suppose, so she's entertaining herself to some degree, no matter what she's doing, so, waiting around is less of a tax on her, whereas the ESFP seems to need external stimuli NOW :rolli:. Her patience is something I definitely appreciate, but ofc don't expect from all of my friends. :D

We people-watch a lot, when we go to crowded places. Oftentimes I'll catch a moment between two strangers and laugh at some subtle, odd thing going on between them, and I'll glance over to find my INTP friend smirking at the same thing..

We seem to naturally know how to be supportive of one another's insecurities without being terribly overt in pointing them out. She has a tendency, from time to time, to get worked up... I suppose her Ti just goes crazy. She overthinks everything she does or sees, or wants to do, or compares her abilities or capacity to others. She gets overwhelmed and feels inept and useless. She freely shares these thoughts/feelings with me, and I'm able to counter the thoughts that lead her to those conclusions, & shift her perspective/line of thinking back into a more positive/adaptive direction. She tends to feel confident and optimistic afterward.

This can also apply to social situations.. she may suddenly become very anxious and need to go for a walk if she's out at a party. Sometimes she'll give me a call. [that's become rare these days] She feels like an alien, doesn't know how to interact with people, doesn't know what she should say or do, wonders why it's so hard.. Often, it seems like she's internally at war with wanting to remain a detached observer; not wanting to compromise the research by becoming a variable herself through interacting.. but then also wanting.. to connect, as, naturally, on some level we all wish to connect with others. I just try to explain that there is no 'should'.. everyone's different, that there isn't anything wrong or defective with her just observing if that's what she wants to do, and interacting only when she feels inclined to do so, and has something to say. Yes, there are social standards and rituals people follow, but if you don't identify with those, don't force it, and make yourself more uncomfortable.. not in a casual setting at least.. if it's for a job, etc, that's different, but it's moreover the casual settings that throw her off. [I'm sort of paraphrasing here for space. Terribly.]

When we hang out in social settings together, and she gets overwhelmed or uncomfortable with people, I tend to serve as the person who greases the wheels in those situations. I'm pretty reserved myself, but I naturally take the lead in situations where I feel I can do the most good. Fe, I suppose. My secondary function is her inferior, so it makes sense that I'd be helpful for her in that context.

That said, she's helped me in a lot of ways, probably more than she realizes, though I try to make her aware. Her dominant function is my tertiary, and I believe just spending time with her, and just being able to openly share ideas alone has helped me to further develop my Ti, and improve on objective reasoning.
I also have issues with caring for, to unhealthy excess, people who are toxic for me. People who do not deserve my care. She has often been a quiet voice of reason in that mess. Never forceful. Questioning the motives of others, analyzing concepts. Questioning my reasons for giving. And I've so needed that perspective. I honestly don't know where I'd be, if I didn't have at least, that one objective observer standing by. It's that subtlety I found most supportive, and that indirect assistance. I needed to be forced to step back to see it for myself.

She, and my INFP friend as well, have helped me learn how to enjoy the present. Strategy is always useful.. but the present moments, cumulatively, are the cornerstones to the foundations of those castles I build up in the sky.

So to put it plainly, and to steal from the Type Relationships section on the typelogic.com page, we each have an area of insight that the other lacks.

So, for this INFJ.. that makes for a stable, dynamic & purely kickass friendship. :yes:

I miss her, she moved away. :cry:

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Lexicon, that sounds almost exactly like my friendship with an INFJ I know. Great description :).

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
Whoa lexicon, that was one hell of an interesting post. Story material, and I'm not being sarcastic either. Reputation added!

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Great post. I can make a bullet list of trademark type qualities, I identify with many of them, wow:

• partner in crime.
  • talk with her about anything.
  • no possibility of offending her; she never passes judgement.
  • listens. Asks questions. forces me to ask myself the same ones.
  • Offers perspective, and is a bottomless well of ideas.
  • wanders around for hours,
  • talk about anything and nothing, coming up with schemes and theories and random connections through and between it all.
  • as private as we both tend to be, we rarely need breaks from hanging out..
  • unspoken need for one's own space, and respect of others.
  • never imposing upon the other by nature.
  • typically broke but still able to find something new and interesting to do, see, think of/talk about.
  • incredibly easygoing and spontaneous
  • more free and unplanned
  • flexy for other's obligations and routines / patient
  • off in her own head, entertaining herself
  • people-watch a lot
  • supportive of one another's insecurities without being terribly overt in pointing them out.
  • overthinks everything she does or sees, or wants to do, or compares her abilities or capacity to others.
  • gets overwhelmed and feels inept and useless.
  • feel confident and optimistic after freely sharing these thoughts/feelings with me
  • may suddenly become very anxious and need to go for a walk if she's out at a party.
  • feels like an alien, doesn't know how to interact with people, doesn't know what she should say or do, wonders why it's so hard.
  • internally at war with wanting to remain a detached observer; not wanting to compromise the research by becoming a variable herself through interacting, but also wanting.. to connect, as, naturally, on some level we all wish to connect with others.
  • quiet voice of reason in that mess. Never forceful.
  • Questioning the motives of others, analyzing concepts.

.... I'm sorry she moved. :( She sounds like just a very mature, rounded person.... and I'm sure she valued your friendship and things you contributed to her.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Great post. I can make a bullet list of trademark type qualities, I identify with many of them, wow:

• partner in crime.
  • talk with her about anything.
  • no possibility of offending her; she never passes judgement.
  • listens. Asks questions. forces me to ask myself the same ones.
  • Offers perspective, and is a bottomless well of ideas.
  • wanders around for hours,
  • talk about anything and nothing, coming up with schemes and theories and random connections through and between it all.
  • as private as we both tend to be, we rarely need breaks from hanging out..
  • unspoken need for one's own space, and respect of others.
  • never imposing upon the other by nature.
  • typically broke but still able to find something new and interesting to do, see, think of/talk about.
  • incredibly easygoing and spontaneous
  • more free and unplanned
  • flexy for other's obligations and routines / patient
  • off in her own head, entertaining herself
  • people-watch a lot
  • supportive of one another's insecurities without being terribly overt in pointing them out.
  • overthinks everything she does or sees, or wants to do, or compares her abilities or capacity to others.
  • gets overwhelmed and feels inept and useless.
  • feel confident and optimistic after freely sharing these thoughts/feelings with me
  • may suddenly become very anxious and need to go for a walk if she's out at a party.
  • feels like an alien, doesn't know how to interact with people, doesn't know what she should say or do, wonders why it's so hard.
  • internally at war with wanting to remain a detached observer; not wanting to compromise the research by becoming a variable herself through interacting, but also wanting.. to connect, as, naturally, on some level we all wish to connect with others.
  • quiet voice of reason in that mess. Never forceful.
  • Questioning the motives of others, analyzing concepts.

.... I'm sorry she moved. :( She sounds like just a very mature, rounded person.... and I'm sure she valued your friendship and things you contributed to her.

Aw, thanks..

Other amazing thing with INTPs.. time and distance tend to matter very little.. We keep in contact, and try to meet up from time to time [she only moved a few hours away, I'm just whiny because I was used to her being around every week; I got spoiled, hah].. but anyway, regardless of space and time, we can always just pick up right where we left off. With certain friends of other types, there can be this odd transitional period in the first hour or so of meeting back up.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
I don't think that's inherently INTP. It just demonstrates a good friendship.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't think that's inherently INTP. It just demonstrates a good friendship.

Ha, true.
Can't give you guys all the credit, I suppose.. wouldn't want your heads to get, y'know, inflated n'such. :cheese:

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
My own dear mother couldn't stop me from developing a slight god complex so don't worry about my head.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
...regardless of space and time, we can always just pick up right where we left off. With certain friends of other types, there can be this odd transitional period in the first hour or so of meeting back up.

This happens with all of my INTP friends -- we can almost launch into the middle of the conversation as we left it, months or years ago, as if no time has passed.

It also happens fairly regularly for me with INFP friends, although the more reclusive ones have a slower "reconnect speed," and it happens for other NF types with me too but to a lesser degree.

And then I think it can happen with non-N types for me, but again to a lesser degree, they're more apt to need time to "get back into the flow." But I still can leap right back in with some S types, depending on the individual and our past.

So it's more a matter of degree, than a hard line...