• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] what do you think of intp girls

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Why? I'd assume they'd be pretty low maintenance.

Compared to more traditional girls, sure. They don't need arbitrary social rituals to be followed, but the ones I've been involved with have been so emotionally unbalanced that I've ended up having to door slam them just to get all the feelings involved with them out of my head.

One was gay, got drunk and told me she was actually secretly bisexual and interested in me, then forgot it had happened the next day.

Another turned out to be simultaneously dating like 3 other guys. I found out when one of them contacted me through her cell phone.

Also I kinda got tired of them never wanting to do anything but mope around. I mean I enjoy lazing around just like anybody else, but the constant emo-drama just made it way too much stress to deal with, attractive as they are on their good days.

Too much bipolar bullshit, basically.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Compared to more traditional girls, sure. They don't need arbitrary social rituals to be followed, but the ones I've been involved with have been so emotionally unbalanced that I've ended up having to door slam them just to get all the feelings involved with them out of my head.

One was gay, got drunk and told me she was actually secretly bisexual and interested in me, then forgot it had happened the next day.

Another turned out to be simultaneously dating like 3 other guys. I found out when one of them contacted me through her cell phone.

Also I kinda got tired of them never wanting to do anything but mope around. I mean I enjoy lazing around just like anybody else, but the constant emo-drama just made it way too much stress to deal with, attractive as they are on their good days.

Your experience sounds all too familiar. It's a roller coaster. And, I have my own roller coaster so it's exhausting.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper

Hmm, they sound like unbalanced freaks.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
The ones I have met have been fab... We get on really well and there is usually an electricity between us that I can't explain... I don't usually get it with other girlfriends... at least not in the same way... I also love the deep conversations. I met one INTP/INTJ and literally talked for two days with her... and didn't go home and forgot to eat and stuff it was mental but brilliant :D

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Pretty impressive for "rational, unemotional creatures" too. (the general complaint)

Yeah... I don't think his experience is the general one though. Or maybe they were mistyped. I [perhaps erroneously] think of INTP girls as being similar in disposition to myself, and I don't think I'd ever behave as he described.

chris1207

MBTI Type
XNXX
Enneagram
3w2
Yeah... I don't think his experience is the general one though. Or maybe they were mistyped. I [perhaps erroneously] think of INTP girls as being similar in disposition to myself, and I don't think I'd ever behave as he described.

You mean you'd never date four guys at once? :devil:

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Pretty impressive for "rational, unemotional creatures" too. (the general complaint)

Well, it's really more that they don't place the feelings of others as particularly high priorities, most of the time. All types are emotional; some just choose to hide it behind a wall of exaggerated obsession with logical correctness. You can identify them by the total inability to accept fallibility (which is often accompanied by the letters "N" and "T" in their MBTI type.)

testmaus2

MBTI Type
INTP
I think it's funny to hear other types describe INTP as "distant" and "cold"...

To me, being around the other types is tiring because when they emote, they're LOUD. When people are happy, they're REALLY HAPPY and when they're sad, they're REALLY SAD. It's like sitting next to the speakers at a rock concert.

When I emote, I think it's more subtle. I'm not clubbing you over the head with my emotions. It's more like slightly opening the door to my emotions and letting you peek inside - if you're not paying close attention, you'll miss it.

*squeak*

Aleph-One

MBTI Type
INTJ
Why? I'd assume they'd be pretty low maintenance.
INTP girls are very low maintenance... but the relationship has a very high activation energy. They'll drag their feet for years if you give them the leeway to do it. Normal romance tactics don't work. Or, they may work, but INTP girls won't act on feelings if they have them.

That's why I just stop giving them a choice. I'll just show up one morning at 7 a.m. and say, "Get dressed, we're going out for breakfast. No, you can't go back to bed -- I made reservations."

I wish I had a bigger dating pool than NTs. I think I'd like to have an INFJ girlfriend, but I'm probably more likely to find a wealthy supermodel who wants to hire me as a professional sex machine than an INFJ.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ive heard from the horses mouth that INTPs females, while usaully "having a higher activation energy", do get very clingy once that reaction is set into swing (inferior Fe).

not thatd i mind... if shes haaawt :wubbie: :devil: :D

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTP girls are very low maintenance... but the relationship has a very high activation energy. They'll drag their feet for years if you give them the leeway to do it. Normal romance tactics don't work. Or, they may work, but INTP girls won't act on feelings if they have them.

That's why I just stop giving them a choice. I'll just show up one morning at 7 a.m. and say, "Get dressed, we're going out for breakfast. No, you can't go back to bed -- I made reservations."

LOL! QFT.

Thing is, you don't know whether you'll get kneecapped or a quickie.

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
"Get dressed, we're going out for breakfast. No, you can't go back to bed -- I made reservations."

INTP girl: "Tough. You shouldn't have made reservations before telling me we were going out." [falls back to sleep]