• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] what do you think of intp girls

MBTI Type
INxJ
From an airplane, they look really small. I can see them driving around in their INTP cars, but it's hard to tell other than by vehicle make if they're men or women.

:D

Generally, INTPs are the type I tend to like the most.

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
But all in all, why are you so concerned about what others think about you? I don't think there's a way for you to 'streamline' yourself into one or two defined personas. People will always make assumptions about you, because you're introverted and therefore they come to conclusions on whatever little data they see (or don't see). And remember, an INTP is a RICH personality filled with contradictions anyway. On one hand, INTPs can be very predictable, but on another they're also very idiosyncratic. Each person/group sees one side. But no one will ever see all the sides.

People who love you, love you. People who don't, don't matter.

/long winded.

im not concerned, i coudlnt be if i tried which is why i think i come off as so strange. its just that i hear strange and almost random feedback. i know when im with a new person its boring because im not comfortable enough to speak my mind. i was wondering how much of who i actually am -intp among other things- comes through in my behaviour and mannerisms.
being so introverted my personality is slowly sifted out into the external world and hence i am never truly open to observation despite what some people may think. im obviously shy but i dont back down when someone connects eyes with me (unless they're eyes are starry then i get too embarrased :doh:). i must be confusing. i notice some people keep a keen eye on me, especially when im more natural like when im among friends.

the one other intp i knew was male and he simulataneously struck me as amazaing and hapless.

Bubbles

See Right Through Me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Fact: everyone does it.

Nose-picking - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
LOL, I'm rereading my post and I see that I wrote how I learn new things from INTPs...apparently this is true, even from the males(I've only got female INTP friendship experience IRL). I's enlightened. ;)

Generally, INTPs are the type I tend to like the most.
Have to agree, they're quite likeable. :D

That too. But female NTs in general seem to be sensitive, and that's something that I'm attracted to.
Really? The INTP I've known the longest isn't all that "Sensitive," she's more aloof and detached, not really into that whole touchy-feely pow-wow thing. Or is that just an outer shell hiding sensitivity? Hm. I must ponder this.

*pondering*

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Really? The INTP I've known the longest isn't all that "Sensitive," she's more aloof and detached, not really into that whole touchy-feely pow-wow thing. Or is that just an outer shell hiding sensitivity? Hm. I must ponder this.

*pondering*

It's very well hidden, especially in INTPs. You could compare it to that of INFPs and logic. I myself don't really take logic as a priority in my life, INTPs don't really take feely stuff as a priority. It's not touchy feely pow wow :tongue: they aren't EXFXs.

O

Oberon

INTP girls are delicious. One generally finds them alone, and willing to talk if you choose your topic carefully. :D

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
Really? I've found them to be better put together and overall more stable than us menfolk.

the intp male i knew seemed to be a happier person than i was. perhaps because he was alowed to be who he was naturally. i lie quite alot about my interests and hobbies and i adopt behaviour of other females (kind of in a sociopathic way). i was the more social one because females are the more social gender and with my friends all being female that increased the likelyhood of being in a situation where i was spending time with them. but i was more bitter then he and had more psychological baggage - atleast from what i could tell. i was the competitive narcissist that he was too comfortable with himself to be.

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
It's very well hidden, especially in INTPs. You could compare it to that of INFPs and logic. I myself don't really take logic as a priority in my life, INTPs don't really take feely stuff as a priority. It's not touchy feely pow wow :tongue: they aren't EXFXs.

emotions arent a priority because theyre agonisingly confusing.

Bubbles

See Right Through Me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
It's very well hidden, especially in INTPs. You could compare it to that of INFPs and logic. I myself don't really take logic as a priority in my life, INTPs don't really take feely stuff as a priority. It's not touchy feely pow wow they aren't EXFXs.

Ah, I see! Thank you, BlackCat. I think I understand a bit better now. :yes: (And yes Edge, emotions are agonizingly confusing. My advice from someone who failed to receive it herself--do not prioritize your life around them, 'cause things get messy.)

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
emotions arent a priority because theyre agonisingly confusing.

Hmm, I think I help my NT friends understand their emotions a lot better. In a way it seems they are appreciative. :tongue:

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Hmm, I think I help my NT friends understand their emotions a lot better. In a way it seems they are appreciative. :tongue:

Hmm, I wouldn't say I ever have trouble understanding them. It's more like I don't know what to do with them. I typically know I how feel. What I don't know is how/why it should matter, or what do I do with these damn things.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmm, I wouldn't say I ever have trouble understanding them. It's more like I don't know what to do with them. I typically know I how feel. What I don't know is how/why it should matter, or what do I do with these damn things.

Well I meant that (I have an issue with getting my point across I apologize). I usually just help on the emotional side of things in general. :yes:

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP

Yeah INFPs do that. My sis is an INFP and she is great for it. In return i make her think more logically - which she is very good at she just doesn't always notice she is doing it.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Something I've noticed is that they seem impossible to peg, at a glance. We never talk. Ever. How are you supposed to derive their type from such a limited sampling of behavior? I guess if you caught them looking at certain type of book, you could think NT, but until you got to know one, you'd never tell.

With my current major and classes, I think I'm out of luck in ever meeting one. Forced cooperation, like in science labs, or study groups, are probably the only way, and I just don't have those anymore.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah INFPs do that. My sis is an INFP and she is great for it. In return i make her think more logically - which she is very good at she just doesn't always notice she is doing it.

Yes, i had to spend a lot of time with F friends/relatives into my young adult years and it was very formative -- most of the time we did spend fighting over some issue (usually me thinking they were being dumb or arbitrary, and they considering me insensitive/clueless or cold)... and it sucked at the time... but in the end I have been very happy for what I learned because it opened much more of the world to me.

maliafee

from a distance? in person? first impressions? in a friendship? in a relationship?

I only know INTPs through my INTJ brother, who has dated two now (current fiancee is one).

His fiancee is hilarious, wickedly intelligent (scored 1600 on her SATs and is 21 applying for graduate school and has gotten accepted into every single school... amazing to me), has a weird penchant for crappy rap songs and thinks it's really funny to dance wildly to them, even in public outside of nice restaurants (this is the funniest). She has a highish singsong voice but gives very good advice and tells THE FUNNIEST stories. Extremely witty. A little, shall we say, picky about what she wants, but overall a really amazing, fun person to be around.

When I first met her I thought she was shy and a little crazy, but very soon the door opened to a level of weirdness I didn't expect. :D

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Something I've noticed is that they seem impossible to peg, at a glance. We never talk. Ever. How are you supposed to derive their type from such a limited sampling of behavior? I guess if you caught them looking at certain type of book, you could think NT, but until you got to know one, you'd never tell.

With my current major and classes, I think I'm out of luck in ever meeting one. Forced cooperation, like in science labs, or study groups, are probably the only way, and I just don't have those anymore.

Yeah... Meeting another INTP IRL seems almost impossible.

When I first met her I thought she was shy and a little crazy, but very soon the door opened to a level of weirdness I didn't expect. :D

We INTPs have a tendency to do that.