First 789101119 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Lasting_Pain View Post
    ... If you ever need a hug, I am here. They are currently on sale.
    You're making me PAY for a hug?

Or did you just give me a free one, to draw me in?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Lasting_Pain

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    You're making me PAY for a hug?

Or did you just give me a free one, to draw me in?
    Advertising!

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    But then again, I've never dated an INTP, and maybe they act completely different with their mates.
    hate to quote things twice but if someone's really special, i transform into the rare creature that is an intp in love. i radiate happiness and sunshine. its never in a over emotional way as you can imagine, but i remind them in whatever way that i see them as a partner. i may for example, take special care of them, express the high esteem i hold them in. i definatley get more physically affectionate.
    i think for introverts, this is particually charming becuase im so exclusive with my affection, which they appreciate.

the person must be really very special to get me to start changing.

but being like this constantly would be draining.

hope i didnt just contradict what i said earlier. i find it hard to diagnose myself...

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    hate to quote things twice but if someone's really special, i transform into the rare creature that is an intp in love. i radiate happiness and sunshine. its never in a over emotional way as you can imagine, but i remind them in whatever way that i see them as a partner. i may for example, take special care of them, express the high esteem i hold them in. i definatley get more physically affectionate.
    i think for introverts, this is particually charming becuase im so exclusive with my affection, which they appreciate.

the person must be really very special to get me to start changing.

but being like this constantly would be draining.

hope i didnt just contradict what i said earlier. i find it hard to diagnose myself...
    Oh you know extroverts, we're simple creatures.

As long as you're hot ...
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    ENFP

I have a friend who tested as a female INTP. She was very reserved at first, and still is somewhat, but opens up the more I get to know her. As a moderate extrovert myself, I found her reservedness a bit puzzling at first but then adjusted by just accepting her the way she is. This was the best thing I could have done. She comes out with all sorts of surprising comments and short witty remarks. Our common Ne can lead to the most amusing and fantastic conversations.

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    SEE

As an intp chick, I come off as really stand offish. However, since cutting my hair, I've been attracting subtle attention from both sexes, mostly males. I come off as frank, hard, and distant. Those who get to know me find me hysterical, friendly, charming, and very nerdy with a progressive mind (I love singing my own praises....hehehehhehehehe). I'm generally a walking contradiction and I confuse people.

Other intp chicks come off as detached, emotionally reserved, soft, and intelligent. Most all of them have a great sense of humor and know a lot of obscure things while maintaining nerdy hobbies and such interests. Most intp chicks have an androgyny thing going including myself.

Quote Originally Posted by ConchShell View Post
    I have a friend who tested as a female INTP. She was very reserved at first, and still is somewhat, but opens up the more I get to know her. As a moderate extrovert myself, I found her reservedness a bit puzzling at first but then adjusted by just accepting her the way she is. This was the best thing I could have done. She comes out with all sorts of surprising comments and short witty remarks. Our common Ne can lead to the most amusing and fantastic conversations.
    Just accepting her for who she is and appreciating her for such is one of the best things you can really do. It would be nice if everyone could do that I had a nice interaction with an ENFP who, despite his disappearing and reappearing act, was just so in tuned with my line of thinking. I think the NP thing has something to do with that. A lot of things that normally would have bothered me just didn't simply because the interaction was so enigmatic and fun. It was sort of refreshing to meet someone who made me feel as if he wasn't at all judgemental about me and my quirks.

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    Oh you know extroverts, we're simple creatures.

As long as you're hot ...
    especially the ones that are teddy bears .... 100% cotton
    Last edited by Ulaes; 04-04-2009 at 09:03 AM.

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

Quote Originally Posted by RuffledINTP View Post
    I think the NP thing has something to do with that.
    whoooo! NP thing!

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by RuffledINTP View Post
    Just accepting her for who she is and appreciating her for such is one of the best things you can really do. It would be nice if everyone could do that I had a nice interaction with an ENFP who, despite his disappearing and reappearing act, was just so in tuned with my line of thinking. I think the NP thing has something to do with that. A lot of things that normally would have bothered me just didn't simply because the interaction was so enigmatic and fun. It was sort of refreshing to meet someone who made me feel as if he wasn't at all judgemental about me and my quirks.
    You're right, RuffledINTP. It really was the best thing I could have done, otherwise I would have missed out on a great friendship. One that provides me with alternative ways of looking at things. I actually enjoy all the little quirks. ENFPs are already notorious for enjoying some unpredictability and INTPs can really add to that! Must be part of the NP thing you mentioned. I always felt this friend had a lot of unfair criticism from colleagues for being reserved, so I made an extra effort to be more open minded myself.

I'm less patient when it comes to relationships with a special one though, if he's something like an INTP. That's just me I suppose. I can begin to get a bit impatient in that context. But at least I can really enjoy friendships with some people of this type.

If anyone out there wants some adventure, mystery and unpredictability, find yourself an INTP friend!