User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 204

  1. #51
    loopy Ulaes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd
    Posts
    850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    It's very well hidden, especially in INTPs. You could compare it to that of INFPs and logic. I myself don't really take logic as a priority in my life, INTPs don't really take feely stuff as a priority. It's not touchy feely pow wow they aren't EXFXs.
    emotions arent a priority because theyre agonisingly confusing.

  2. #52
    See Right Through Me Bubbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    1,037

    Default

    It's very well hidden, especially in INTPs. You could compare it to that of INFPs and logic. I myself don't really take logic as a priority in my life, INTPs don't really take feely stuff as a priority. It's not touchy feely pow wow they aren't EXFXs.
    Ah, I see! Thank you, BlackCat. I think I understand a bit better now. (And yes Edge, emotions are agonizingly confusing. My advice from someone who failed to receive it herself--do not prioritize your life around them, 'cause things get messy.)

  3. #53
    Shaman BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    7,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    emotions arent a priority because theyre agonisingly confusing.
    Hmm, I think I help my NT friends understand their emotions a lot better. In a way it seems they are appreciative.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

    sCueI (primary Inquisition)

  4. #54
    Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Hmm, I think I help my NT friends understand their emotions a lot better. In a way it seems they are appreciative.
    Hmm, I wouldn't say I ever have trouble understanding them. It's more like I don't know what to do with them. I typically know I how feel. What I don't know is how/why it should matter, or what do I do with these damn things.



  5. #55
    Shaman BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    7,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Hmm, I wouldn't say I ever have trouble understanding them. It's more like I don't know what to do with them. I typically know I how feel. What I don't know is how/why it should matter, or what do I do with these damn things.
    Well I meant that (I have an issue with getting my point across I apologize). I usually just help on the emotional side of things in general.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

    sCueI (primary Inquisition)

  6. #56
    Is Willard in Footloose!! CJ99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    582

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Hmm, I think I help my NT friends understand their emotions a lot better. In a way it seems they are appreciative.
    Yeah INFPs do that. My sis is an INFP and she is great for it. In return i make her think more logically - which she is very good at she just doesn't always notice she is doing it.
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

    "Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

    "Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

  7. #57
    Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8,193

    Default

    Something I've noticed is that they seem impossible to peg, at a glance. We never talk. Ever. How are you supposed to derive their type from such a limited sampling of behavior? I guess if you caught them looking at certain type of book, you could think NT, but until you got to know one, you'd never tell.

    With my current major and classes, I think I'm out of luck in ever meeting one. Forced cooperation, like in science labs, or study groups, are probably the only way, and I just don't have those anymore.



  8. #58
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CJ99 View Post
    Yeah INFPs do that. My sis is an INFP and she is great for it. In return i make her think more logically - which she is very good at she just doesn't always notice she is doing it.
    Yes, i had to spend a lot of time with F friends/relatives into my young adult years and it was very formative -- most of the time we did spend fighting over some issue (usually me thinking they were being dumb or arbitrary, and they considering me insensitive/clueless or cold)... and it sucked at the time... but in the end I have been very happy for what I learned because it opened much more of the world to me.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  9. #59
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    from a distance? in person? first impressions? in a friendship? in a relationship?
    I only know INTPs through my INTJ brother, who has dated two now (current fiancee is one).

    His fiancee is hilarious, wickedly intelligent (scored 1600 on her SATs and is 21 applying for graduate school and has gotten accepted into every single school... amazing to me), has a weird penchant for crappy rap songs and thinks it's really funny to dance wildly to them, even in public outside of nice restaurants (this is the funniest). She has a highish singsong voice but gives very good advice and tells THE FUNNIEST stories. Extremely witty. A little, shall we say, picky about what she wants, but overall a really amazing, fun person to be around.

    When I first met her I thought she was shy and a little crazy, but very soon the door opened to a level of weirdness I didn't expect.

  10. #60
    rawr Costrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII
    Posts
    2,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Something I've noticed is that they seem impossible to peg, at a glance. We never talk. Ever. How are you supposed to derive their type from such a limited sampling of behavior? I guess if you caught them looking at certain type of book, you could think NT, but until you got to know one, you'd never tell.

    With my current major and classes, I think I'm out of luck in ever meeting one. Forced cooperation, like in science labs, or study groups, are probably the only way, and I just don't have those anymore.
    Yeah... Meeting another INTP IRL seems almost impossible.

    Quote Originally Posted by maliafee View Post
    When I first met her I thought she was shy and a little crazy, but very soon the door opened to a level of weirdness I didn't expect.
    We INTPs have a tendency to do that.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

Similar Threads

  1. (Girls) What do you think of this body
    By WRiStBanDs21 in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-25-2016, 03:27 AM
  2. [MBTItm] ESFJs, what do you think of INTPs?
    By Julius_Van_Der_Beak in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 02-16-2014, 07:08 AM
  3. [ESTJ] What do you think of ESTJs?
    By JediM05 in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 177
    Last Post: 11-15-2013, 11:18 PM
  4. [ENFP] Hey ENFP, what do you think of the INTP?
    By Waffle in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 02-27-2010, 09:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO