User Tag List

First 81617181920 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Lexicon, that sounds almost exactly like my friendship with an INFJ I know. Great description .
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

I third that description. +1 to lexicon.

MBTI
    SEXY

Whoa lexicon, that was one hell of an interesting post. Story material, and I'm not being sarcastic either. Reputation added!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Great post. I can make a bullet list of trademark type qualities, I identify with many of them, wow:

• partner in crime.
    • talk with her about anything.
    • no possibility of offending her; she never passes judgement.
    • listens. Asks questions. forces me to ask myself the same ones.
    • Offers perspective, and is a bottomless well of ideas.
    • wanders around for hours,
    • talk about anything and nothing, coming up with schemes and theories and random connections through and between it all.
    • as private as we both tend to be, we rarely need breaks from hanging out..
    • unspoken need for one's own space, and respect of others.
    • never imposing upon the other by nature.
    • typically broke but still able to find something new and interesting to do, see, think of/talk about.
    • incredibly easygoing and spontaneous
    • more free and unplanned
    • flexy for other's obligations and routines / patient
    • off in her own head, entertaining herself
    • people-watch a lot
    • supportive of one another's insecurities without being terribly overt in pointing them out.
    • overthinks everything she does or sees, or wants to do, or compares her abilities or capacity to others.
    • gets overwhelmed and feels inept and useless.
    • feel confident and optimistic after freely sharing these thoughts/feelings with me
    • may suddenly become very anxious and need to go for a walk if she's out at a party.
    • feels like an alien, doesn't know how to interact with people, doesn't know what she should say or do, wonders why it's so hard.
    • internally at war with wanting to remain a detached observer; not wanting to compromise the research by becoming a variable herself through interacting, but also wanting.. to connect, as, naturally, on some level we all wish to connect with others.
    • quiet voice of reason in that mess. Never forceful.
    • Questioning the motives of others, analyzing concepts.

.... I'm sorry she moved. She sounds like just a very mature, rounded person.... and I'm sure she valued your friendship and things you contributed to her.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

INTP girls are exhausting females. Nah, just joking but I like F girls way more.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Great post. I can make a bullet list of trademark type qualities, I identify with many of them, wow:

• partner in crime.
    • talk with her about anything.
    • no possibility of offending her; she never passes judgement.
    • listens. Asks questions. forces me to ask myself the same ones.
    • Offers perspective, and is a bottomless well of ideas.
    • wanders around for hours,
    • talk about anything and nothing, coming up with schemes and theories and random connections through and between it all.
    • as private as we both tend to be, we rarely need breaks from hanging out..
    • unspoken need for one's own space, and respect of others.
    • never imposing upon the other by nature.
    • typically broke but still able to find something new and interesting to do, see, think of/talk about.
    • incredibly easygoing and spontaneous
    • more free and unplanned
    • flexy for other's obligations and routines / patient
    • off in her own head, entertaining herself
    • people-watch a lot
    • supportive of one another's insecurities without being terribly overt in pointing them out.
    • overthinks everything she does or sees, or wants to do, or compares her abilities or capacity to others.
    • gets overwhelmed and feels inept and useless.
    • feel confident and optimistic after freely sharing these thoughts/feelings with me
    • may suddenly become very anxious and need to go for a walk if she's out at a party.
    • feels like an alien, doesn't know how to interact with people, doesn't know what she should say or do, wonders why it's so hard.
    • internally at war with wanting to remain a detached observer; not wanting to compromise the research by becoming a variable herself through interacting, but also wanting.. to connect, as, naturally, on some level we all wish to connect with others.
    • quiet voice of reason in that mess. Never forceful.
    • Questioning the motives of others, analyzing concepts.

.... I'm sorry she moved. She sounds like just a very mature, rounded person.... and I'm sure she valued your friendship and things you contributed to her.

Aw, thanks..

Other amazing thing with INTPs.. time and distance tend to matter very little.. We keep in contact, and try to meet up from time to time [she only moved a few hours away, I'm just whiny because I was used to her being around every week; I got spoiled, hah].. but anyway, regardless of space and time, we can always just pick up right where we left off. With certain friends of other types, there can be this odd transitional period in the first hour or so of meeting back up.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    SEXY

I don't think that's inherently INTP. It just demonstrates a good friendship.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
    I don't think that's inherently INTP. It just demonstrates a good friendship.
    Ha, true.
    Can't give you guys all the credit, I suppose.. wouldn't want your heads to get, y'know, inflated n'such.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    SEXY

My own dear mother couldn't stop me from developing a slight god complex so don't worry about my head.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    ...regardless of space and time, we can always just pick up right where we left off. With certain friends of other types, there can be this odd transitional period in the first hour or so of meeting back up.
    This happens with all of my INTP friends -- we can almost launch into the middle of the conversation as we left it, months or years ago, as if no time has passed.

It also happens fairly regularly for me with INFP friends, although the more reclusive ones have a slower "reconnect speed," and it happens for other NF types with me too but to a lesser degree.

And then I think it can happen with non-N types for me, but again to a lesser degree, they're more apt to need time to "get back into the flow." But I still can leap right back in with some S types, depending on the individual and our past.

So it's more a matter of degree, than a hard line...
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft