User Tag List

First 1234 Last

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by zarc View Post
    I think most profiles need correction, so tell me are those profile excerpts written by experts that I posted correct to you or not? And if it is correct, should I stop trying to change it, then?
    Ah!

Looks like I've been beaten to the punch.
    Careful zarc, he's a violent non-learner.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Nocap View Post
    Boy, you're never going to learn until you wholly abandon profiles and purely embrace functions.

'Til then it's just pro/injection with you.
    You're never going to learn until you go to trolling school. I think Devry has a course for that; you should look into it.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    Zzzz

Thank you, I knew you'd relate.

Incidentally, those excerpts were taken from the ESFP profile. Whoops. I didn't say that they were ENTP. I just asked you if you related. You relate.

Before I go on, you completely misunderstood my first post to you. You took it all literally. You didn't decipher anything, you didn't probe deeper. You took it all at face value. I won't bother pointing it out word for word. All you did was Se-Te at me. You didn't even notice the hints I was giving you. Here is but just two:
    StoP it, for you know not what you speak

If you want intelligent yet still mischievous fun, Iíd say go to an awesome ESFP
    I bolded. Y'know. JIC. I can't bold the wink, though. Just know it was meant to be a sincere one, though you'll probably not believe me. S'ok.

Now look at ENTP. Even afterwards, with the succeeding posts, you couldn't even see the set up. SusPected nothing but good-feel-me-vibes to your Fi because you thought I was finally on your side. ENTP, you are not.

Now, all that's written below was written early this mornin'. I knew this would happen. Check it out, it's called Ni. And Fe can be deceitful, that's what pulled you into a false sense of security when you thought I was on your playing field. Goddamn, I think I'm channelling someone I know...

You're probably going to be upset with me, that's fine, but I'd rather you be than continuing to misrepresent yourself all over the boards. Cherish and accept who you are as a person and not some idealized image you have of something else. ENTPs aren't all that great, y'know. No, haha jk, ALL types are great. Actually no, types by themselves are meaningless. It's how they're expressed through you as an individual that makes the difference. IOW, It's the people who aren't great.

Random tidbit. Why you think George Carlin is ENTP since you think you are. You probably aren't as happy as you can be, and so you're mostly relying on your Te to get out of...depression, or unhappiness, or not feeling fullfilled, or being trapped by people around you who you feel are constricting your growth. You become condescending with your Se - Te (ignoring your Fi) and it looks similar to Carlin who is ENTJ. Carlin was freakin' angry at times, ignoring his Ni so that it was just Te-Se. Unhappy person during those parts. Explosive (-Se) ranting (-Te).

--

OH! Something just occured to me. LOL I recalled something from your profile page... You have that type logic site on ENTPs as your bio. Made me think that's where you got the idea George Carlin is ENTP because he's listed. And I was right lol You took it at face value. You gotta stop doing that. You are capable. I'm assuming you took the rest of the people listed as ENTPs too instead of discerning on your own whether or not they were. Se - Te.

--

My 16 year old sister, who is the love of my life, is ESFP. She's hilariously charming, intelligent (3 years Honor Roll straight), knows how to fuck around with people's heads in the moment (playfully) and can't sit still to save her life. She can be aggressive, doesn't know her own strength (when playing with me T_T) and she loves debates--especially enjoys debating a side she disagrees with because it's doesn't matter what point one is proving but how well one argues it, and when she ends up winning it's just icing on the cake. She can't tolerate stupidity, she hates Pack-Mentality and most kids at her school who have fallen prey to Mass Media crap. She doesn't know which is worse: Guys who think they have to act like Guys or Girls who try to act for guys. She does want she wants when she wants while still respecting people's wishes - so long as they're reasonable. She doesn't take shit from anyone. She's incredibly (beyond incredibly) kind and generous. She's awesome.

Remember that poem I wrote on your wall?

Time will tell, it will tell on you,
    so what has been said, just know it is true.

Yea, subtle hint of what was to come. So now it's come.

But as I've said to you before, accept it or don't. I now leave it up to you. Even if you don't respond, which I suspect, I hope you get it one day.

---

and musttry sorry for cluttering up your welcoming thread, I can have a mod move our posts if you'd like. And my version was the correct one. I didn't want you getting misinformation about ENTPs. Here's that site regarding the excerpts I took from ESFP. Check out the rest of the types there if interested. That site, along with a few others on the web, are more fair in their Type profiles (esp. fair with Sensors since what's out there is so damaging) which are said to be "best fit types".

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Ohhhhh wow, aren't you clever? This is the most self-indulgent, masturbatory nonsense I've read in a long time. You stuck a bunch of function name puns into your text, you sly dog, you! I'm afraid I'm at a loss to compete with such brilliance, so I guess next post, I'll just overcompensate with the self-gratification.

I don't know what your type is, but you seem awfully pleased with yourself over very little. I guess if I'd said "WOW YEAH ALL OF THAT IS PRECISELY ENTP LOL" then I'd agree that your cunning rouse accomplished something, but...I didn't, and it hasn't.

ENTP and ESFP have two letters in common. I guess that explains why I said that some of it fits and some of it doesn't; I was even able to guess which type description you pulled them from when I explained which parts fit and which didn't. The ones that fit are ExxP characteristics. This may come as a shock to you, but ENTP and ESFP share some characteristics, and their properties are not mutually exclusive. I'm not really sure that you've proven anything, but don't let that stop your disgustingly misplaced sense of smug self-satisfaction from taking the wheel here.

I'm not angry with you as much as disappointed that you think you've accomplished something significant. You're just SO fascinated with yourself over some kind of attempted deception, when it didn't even work. Did you notice the part where I said, "This is partially accurate, but some of it sounds more ESxP than ENTP"? Seriously, did you just miss that entirely? Ugh, next please.

Me: This is what I think ENTPs are like.
    You: No, that's wrong. I'll prove it. Here's an expert description of ENTP! Does it sound ENTP to you?
    Me: Parts of it fit. Others sound more ESxP than ENTP, but it's somewhat accurate.
    You: OHHHH THE JOKE'S ON YOU, ACTUALLY IT WAS AN ESFP DESCRIPTION! OWWWWWNNNNEDD!!!!!!
    Me: Umm....

I think Carlin is ENTP because he fits commonly identified ENTP characteristics, not because I am. If your point is, "Types are composite guesses and not exact road maps to the real mental processes of people," then, um...congrats? I've already stated that exact point on numerous occasions, but if you and Nocap think you're somehow breaking new ground or blowing my mind by repeating it, then knock yourselves out.

I've already explained how MBTI types are useful as starting points for people categorization which must then be augmented and constantly changed as new and more specific information becomes available. If you still think I'm taking them as dogmatically perfect or complete explanations of real people, it's not really my problem anymore.

Obviously MBTI still has some use as a general labeling system, so why are you spending four paragraphs rambling about how useless it is and then trying to correct my conceptions of it? I can only repeat so many times that I understand its inherent limitations before I'm forced to conclude that you're willfully ignoring this admission.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    Zzzz

I liked your constant edits. It's far more of an attack now. Instead of countering with your invisible Ti (=noticing if there were logical inconsistences), you just run around asserting your understanding of the subject which wasn't even on the table to discuss anymore. Te Te Te lol

Refute, don't dispute. Learn.

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Ohhhhh wow, aren't you clever? This is the most self-indulgent, masturbatory nonsense I've read in a long time. You stuck a bunch of function name puns into your text, you sly dog, you! I'm afraid I'm at a loss to compete with such brilliance, so I guess next post, I'll just overcompensate with the self-gratification.
    I am clever, and I revel in it, glad you noticed. I always try to indulge myself in what amuses me. The function names put into my posts was to explain how it works in relation to the info. My apologies, I actually thought you had *at least* cursory understanding of how they work. Now that I know you donít, it makes more sense. I thought you were just misapplying them. We could work from there should you allow progression. Otherwise, after this post, itíll likely just be play time.

You are correct. It was self-masturbatory. And I got off on it. Weren't you watching?

I don't know what your type is, but you seem awfully pleased with yourself over very little. I guess if I'd said "WOW YEAH ALL OF THAT IS PRECISELY ENTP LOL" then I'd agree that your cunning rouse accomplished something, but...I didn't, and it hasn't.
    You donít know my type? Canít figure me out? Not bothering to? When you learn functions, you possibly will. And when you learn ENTP, youíll learn theyíd have already tried and more often be correct for it.--b/c they like cracking systems and that includes systems of people. Til then, I remain more than mist less than fist. I just hope you one day see my hand was always open, regardless of how hard I tried shaking yours. If not, too bad for us both. Iím kind of fond of you. Youíre amusing when youíre not being crass.

And you missed the point then, as youíre still doing now. You arenít supposed to completely fit but have a Ďbest fití. Go read the ENTP profile on that site. It is not you. Especially read the parts about needing to structure and format and such (Yea, that'd be their Ti at work). Should I paste info for you? Like the important ones where you donít match?

I already told you lol I suspected it wouldnít resonate with you. So yes, I didnít accomplish what I wanted, however in time as I said, it may prove true. I am ever patient, youíll find. And it doesnít matter to me should I become aware of it either. Iíd just hope you learn for yourself is all.

ENTP and ESFP have two letters in common. I guess that explains why I said that some of it fits and some of it doesn't; I was even able to guess which type description you pulled them from when I explained which parts fit and which didn't. The ones that fit are ExxP characteristics. This may come as a shock to you, but ENTP and ESFP share some characteristics, and their properties are not mutually exclusive. I'm not really sure that you've proven anything, but don't let that stop your disgustingly misplaced sense of smug self-satisfaction from taking the wheel here.
    lol Two letters in common mean nothing, especially those particular ones. Saying E and T would have made more sense, not be right, but make more sense. So no, it doesn't explain how it fits but just how it fits to you. Otherwise all EPs would be similar by what you say and they're not. Next you'll think ENFP is similar to ENTP because you're ENTP. They aren't. If you do think they're similar it's b/c you're ESFP.

ENTP is closer to ESTP and INTP Ė b/c they have similar functions. Not ENTJ. Learn functions, learn how they relate. And you were able to guess some of it was ESFP because some things youíve already learned from your precious typelogic profile and recognized Ė I almost left those parts out but decided against it. What then, if I'd taken those three little lines, you'd have agreed to it all (don't bother disagreeing now b/c you already agreed that the rest fit you--) Still ENTP, hmm? And it wasnít ďsomeĒ you recognized. It was T H R E E little lines. You agreed to everything else. Thatís why I had you clarify. I wanted to make sure before going on with it because you couldíve been ENTP (though I doubted).

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld
    Some of it is pretty accurate. Parts of it sound more like ESFP than ENTP, though, and are a bit too generalized.
    I find it strange you could say they're a bit too generalized yet you keep on harping how that's what type is about --generalizations and stereotypes. You don't get to indiscriminately choose when it fits. -- that being, when it fits to your understanding.

I'm not angry with you as much as disappointed that you think you've accomplished something significant. You're just SO fascinated with yourself over some kind of attempted deception, when it didn't even work. Did you notice the part where I said, "This is partially accurate, but some of it sounds more ESxP than ENTP"? Seriously, did you just miss that entirely? Ugh, next please.
    Did you notice the parts where--- ah, never mind (re:read above at least). There were too many, I keep and kept pointing them out, and now Iíd just be regurgitating it all over again. Itís like merry-go-rounding after eating an ice-cream jalapeŮo peppered sandwich. Iím both dizzy and sick. >_>

Yup, I am fascinated by myself, not SO but juuuust right. I make no bones about. Iíd throw some at you but I doubt youíd play catch. It wasnít some kind of attempted deception. It was full on throttle take it to the max manipulation. Wouldn't ENTPs be clever enough to notice?

You: No, that's wrong. I'll prove it. Here's an expert description of ENTP! Does it sound ENTP to you?
    Me: Parts of it fit. Others sound more ESxP than ENTP, but it's somewhat accurate.
    You: OHHHH THE JOKE'S ON YOU, ACTUALLY IT WAS AN ESFP DESCRIPTION! OWWWWWNNNNEDD!!!!!!
    Yup, that I did. Did you think I wasnít aware? Your point?

And y'know, I notice how often you deflect and ignore what's actually written. I did point out to you in the differences in my first post about what was wrong with your ENTP version. Point by point I dissected how it was wrong. Throwing "functions" in there didn't matter because there was information backing it up. You couldn't counter me on functions because you didn't understand. There's an excuse if you didn't know about functions or how they work but there's no excuse that you didn't try to refute anything. Just kept disputing your case. Next!

I think Carlin is ENTP because he fits commonly identified ENTP characteristics, not because I am. If your point is, "Types are composite guesses and not exact road maps to the real mental processes of people," then, um...congrats? I've already stated that exact point on numerous occasions, but if you and Nocap think you're somehow breaking new ground or blowing my mind by repeating it, then knock yourselves out.
    George Carlin is ENTJ. Louis CK is ENTP. And heís freakiní hilarious too.

Why bring Nocap into this? What do I care what heís said to you? It's none of my business nor pertinent to the discussion. And why did you bring Qre:us into it before as well(though you took her out. Yea I noticed in edition 1.)? You canít even objectively argue without bringing people you are bothered by into the discussion to make your case? Ö. What do THEY have to do with what WE are discussing? Nothing. So keep them out of it.

I've already explained how MBTI types are useful as starting points for people categorization which must then be augmented and constantly changed as new and more specific information becomes available. If you still think I'm taking them as dogmatically perfect or complete explanations of real people, it's not really my problem anymore.
    It isnít your problem if you donít care in being correct. Itís everyone elseís problem because you spread that incorrectness around. You arenít the only one, no, but most people here have basic understanding of the functions and know a bit about how they work together.

Obviously MBTI still has some use as a general labeling system, so why are you spending four paragraphs rambling about how useless it is and then trying to correct my conceptions of it? I can only repeat so many times that I understand its inherent limitations before I'm forced to conclude that you're willfully ignoring this admission.
    I never said it was useless. Don't put words into my mouth, please. You seem to do that often. Really, find me where I explicitly say that typing or that the MBTI system is useless. -- I wouldn't have learned the whole thing if I thought so. And don't just find me just one thing but find me the whole 'rambling paragraphs about it's uselessness'. Did you even read the post...? Or were you too heated to grasp much of anything? Anyway, you wonít find any. Not one in that last post, or any, did I even so much as say that. Youíre making it up. Inferior Ni. But I bet that if you did, you wouldn't bother countering anything and just point that out as if to say "I've made my case!" lol

What Iím more disappointed in was that you say you love games yet you couldnít handle mine enough to play along. Maybe you arenít ESFP either. Oh wait, I almost forgot!, you didnít want to play along because it didnít feel good to your Fi (Fi = one's personal feelings). Makes sense. You shouldnít play. So, if I have upset you and youíre just not saying it. Stop this game.

Or stop viewing it as an argument when it's a discussion. Not once did I insult you in any which way ever prior. The only thing I did was insult your sense of identity. I'm sorry if it's upsetting but I don't apologise for being right.

And it ends when you want it to, otherwise youíll just end up feeling worse for it. Cuz I could care less, Iím just having fun knowing I'm right. I did say that from the very beginning.

And while you may think me an asshole, and sometimes I am, Iím not the kind that shits all over people. I let people do that to themselves.

P.S. Boyo wasn't meant to be condescending. I only use boyo for males I'm fond of. And, yes, it includes calling ones that I don't necessarily like either. I'm queer like that.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Split from NTs Beware. OOOoooOOOOooooOOOOh!

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    You're never going to learn until you go to trolling school. I think Devry has a course for that; you should look into it.
    Man... you're a sore loser.
    Let's see if that trips you up.

Not only that but you debate so directly... not a Ti way at all.
    Actually more like an Se way.

I have to say I agree with Zarc. Well not that you care, but there are forum members who might. It's for their benefit.

You've already deemed me to mean to take anything I have to say seriously, which is a shame only for you.

For the rest of you, take a lesson from the mistakes made here.

Rather than cutting to the core issue (as an NT would) he instead rebuts the immediate topic. I won't comment on the quality (and don't take that as a sarcastic way of saying "they sucked" because not all of it was really bad) of the arguments.

Well anyway, I don't really much care about SW.
    Instead what I'm here to point out is the ambiguity seen when a type description is misrepresented.

I won't bring specifics up because I really don't have the patience for that: if you're curious enough, you'll find it yourself. Also if I did then all I've done is to debunk a few instances of failed typological mapping, which, in the long run does nothing.

For those of you who do bother yourself to look into it, you'll find it much easier to identify these things on your own rather than having to be told.

I will tell you where to look though.
    It's funny... all of them are in this post. If I were sw I probably would have smelled a sniping.

Also, this post is literally filled with assertions which confuse psychological predispositions with conscious creed/rationale.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    ENTP

By the way

Quote Originally Posted by sw
    Not to er...
    But the quoted segment is Se.

Have a nice day!
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    ENTJ

Alright, boys, let's settle this.

Unzip!

*hands tape measure to kindly mod*
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

MBTI
    ENTP

That's actually a rather sad misinterpretation of what's happening here.

Nocap disapprove.
    we fukin won boys