• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Are you different from the people of your same type?

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I find myself closer to other female ENTJs than to male ones. I also suspect I might experience more S and possibly more F than others of my type, especially, again, the male ones.

Rangler is an exception here - he's often posting things that I could have thought/posted myself. He doesn't have that I'm Rude And Unfeeling And Proud Of It thing that some ENTJs have.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
...that I'm Rude And Unfeeling And Proud Of It thing that some ENTJs have.

I hate that attitude, it seems pretty immature IMO.

But yes I'd say I'm different from most INFPs even though I can relate to them in how they tick. I've only met one other INFP (which was female) that worked a lot like I did.

It's safe to say we are all individuals.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
There are people of my type I identify with here on the forum. And certainly I find it relatively easy to identify and understand INXJs. Of course we as individuals will all be different. But the shared thinking style and mannerism will always be there.

Edit:
So much rambling for a simple "yes, but we're similar." But it's such an N response. :D

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
If I see the words "individual", Unique, or "special" again I'm gonna have to go watch Fight club another 3 times.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4xrIfFeN7Q"]You are not Unique[/YOUTUBE]

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I am more than that, I am even unique. But besides that: no :D

jellyfish

MBTI Type
INTP
I've never actually met another INTP, but I assume I'd be different than them in at least one way.

I know two INTJs who are very different in every way.
One is openly strange, very theatre-oriented, and could easily be mistaken for an extrovert. He sucks at people but still talks a lot, has a lack of hygiene, and talks way too much about things that interest him. He spends a lot of time arguing over politics and memorizes random useless facts.
The other is female and is very hygienic, a people person, and at first glance appears very normal. She's interested in science and appears to have a lot of respect for authority. She can tell when you want her to shut up.
They're not two people you'd ever compare. So yeah, I'm thinking people are different than others of the same type.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Nothing alike, similar thought processes....I think INFP's rock
But hey, we're individuals, unique just like every freakin' body else:nice:

scattershot

MBTI Type
ENFP
I'm kind of a cynical asshole for an ENFP, especially a female one. And it's pretty hard to offend me. I lol'd a lot at the INTJ humor in the "they ate her with potatoes" thread. :D