User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by professor goodstain View Post
    Are all of you kiddin? Other peoples feeling are a fraud, a sham, they're fake. People use em as a tool. Always have. Nobodys called the bluff as a collective whole yet because everyone wants to keep that option open. Kinda like earmarks.
    According to your post I assume (Correction it SAYS) you never 'feel down'.

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by ravana View Post
    According to your post I assume (Correction it SAYS) you never 'feel down'.
    oops. Folks have feelings true but when they show them or express them is when they are used as a tool that can only be deduced for manipulations sake. better?
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by professor goodstain View Post
    oops. Folks have feelings true but when they show them or express them is when they are used as a tool that can only be deduced for manipulations sake. better?
    only for manipulation?
    yes feelings could and most of the time are expressed to manipulate. i agree. but is it the only reason?
    you read too many novels.

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

only for manipulation?
    yes feelings could and most of the time are expressed to manipulate. i agree. but is it the only reason?
    you read too many novels.
    beats bein around a bunch of babies all over the age of about 15
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

this is one significant difference between an INTP and an ENTP.
    we could fake and reciprocate just about anything. even feeling(especially feelings)
    an ENTP could carry FIRE under water.
    feel the MIGHT of ENTPs. it's a kind of magic.
    Well, this doesn't bode well for ENTPs at all.

Riva

this is one significant difference between an INTP and an ENTP.
    we could fake and reciprocate just about anything. even feeling(especially feelings)
    an ENTP could carry FIRE under water.
    feel the MIGHT of ENTPs. it's a kind of magic.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Well, this doesn't bode well for ENTPs at all.
    dammit i always get ahead of myself. what i was trying to say was sometimes you have to fake it if you really OR slightly care about a person.
    and of course i was being narcissistic a bit.

Read the 4th sentence in introverted intuition. Yes i know that you have read this before. lol
    /wiki/Intuitive_Logical_Introvert

it explains a lot doesn't it?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    The last thing of course I could ever do is reciprocate if I'm not feeling it. it's not just that I don't want to say something that isn't true, it's also that I don't even know HOW to say something that isn't emotionally true, it comes out as a clumsy lie.
    This is central to much of what I'm going to say and I totally agree!

Being an ENTP whose Ti is equal to or higher than his Ne I figure I'll comment and hope to give some insight. I base much of what I say on three very simple things, karma, intentions and is this really how I feel.

Provided the intentions behind my words aren't malicious or intended to be hurtful often times I will go ahead and say them. I will also seemingly not do something nice for somebody if I think there's a Karma issue at play. Additionally I can not say things I don't feel 100% and as a result will sometimes seem kinda odd in an effort to balance these rules.

To touch on that first rule, I think my responsibility for my words ends at my mouth not the other persons ears. Now I use judgement here, I mean, I don't go into McDonalds telling over weight people they're gonna die. If I can spare feelings I will but people that know me know not to ask if they don't wanna hear what I really think.

The Karma thing comes down to something simple. Often times in an effort to help people we're not helping them at all! Classic example would be enabling an alcoholic however if you break that down a little further, it applies to many things that seem like your helping others. So if somebody asks me something I think they need to learn on their own sometimes I won't help and it comes off as cold and mean.

Lastly, since I won't lie about what I think and seemingly cant pretend to feel or think something I don't. If a woman gets a new haircut and asks me what I think, if I don't like it I'm going to be honest. I don't do the whole half compliment hope you didn't notice the other side of that. I will just say "I liked it better before but hell, it's hair, you try something new and if you don't like it it'll grow back". That may seem rude but if you look at and apply my other rules it may give you some understanding.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

dammit i always get ahead of myself. what i was trying to say was sometimes you have to fake it if you really OR slightly care about a person.
    and of course i was being narcissistic a bit.

Read the 4th sentence in introverted intuition. Yes i know that you have read this before. lol
    /wiki/Intuitive_Logical_Introvert

it explains a lot doesn't it?
    What's a good example of a time you had to fake something because you really or slightly cared about a person?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

What's a good example of a time you had to fake something because you really or slightly cared about a person?
    LOL This made me laugh.

After the first time in bed I'm picturing a guy asking "so, am I the biggest you've ever been with?"

The woman responds "by far" as she's thinking to herself "idiot that is".

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by TucsonENTP View Post
    After the first time in bed I'm picturing a guy asking "so, am I the biggest you've ever been with?"

The woman responds "by far" as she's thinking to herself "idiot that is".
    great!