First 12345 Last

Widdles in your cream.
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Disregarding feelings as a pertinent source of input is probably both a conscious and unconscious behavior.
    Maybe. This is generalizing a tad, but I would assume it would be more of an INTJ trait to ignore other peoples' feelings, because they have already come to a decision and don't want to waste any more time faffing around. As an INTP (or maybe just speaking for myself) when somebody says something on the lines of "Think of the children!" I take the puzzle apart again and try to reassemble it with the new piece. If it doesn't fit, then I disregard it. But I don't automatically dismiss feelings.
    Um, yeah.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

For me, as an INTP, when I need to cope with my emotions, I do it in an isolated, logical way. When someone else comes to me with their emotions on their sleeve and if they don't want to cope with their emotions logically, I cannot connect, so I'll either stand there or begin smiling, trying not to laugh at the absurdity of the matter because I'm a little crazy and a little too detached from the world.
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    It's the worst when I'm expected to reciprocate emotions in some way. I'm unable to let myself fake them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    The last thing of course I could ever do is reciprocate if I'm not feeling it. it's not just that I don't want to say something that isn't true, it's also that I don't even know HOW to say something that isn't emotionally true, it comes out as a clumsy lie.
    this is one significant difference between an INTP and an ENTP.
    we could fake and reciprocate just about anything. even feeling(especially feelings)
    an ENTP could carry FIRE under water.
    feel the MIGHT of ENTPs. it's a kind of magic.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ99 View Post
    He probably understands feelings because of Ne but then Ti says they make no sense so he is at complete loss with what to about them so will just ignore them.
    ENTPs use Ne, Ti too. it must be some other reason. maybe because an INTPs last function (the least used) is Fe. it is the function they are least comfortable with.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by ravana View Post
    we could fake and reciprocate just about anything. even feeling(especially feelings)
    I would rather be genuine.

Quote Originally Posted by ravana View Post
    There is no farting in the pool! Stop blowing so much hot air!

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I don't think INTPs ignore other people's feelings at all, I just think they are not sure about what to do. The IXTPs I know will often help me (in a logical, common sensible way) with my feelings, which is actually nice since it gives me a new perspective on things. The thing I've noticed is that they don't notice your feelings right off the bat.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by groovejet02 View Post
    i am genuine. i can't possibly fake anything like that. hah ha

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by groovejet02 View Post
    ohhhhhhhhhhhhHHHHHHHHHHh...............

wait. i completely misunderstood you. what you mean is I'd rather be genuine than fake it?

well true true. it's always good to be genuine. but sometimes you have to lie. especially where feelings are concerned. it doesn't hurt to lie a bit to cheer someone up and make someone feel better, especially if He/she is a friend.

when i fail to fake it i turn back and think why and i always come up with the same answer - i doubted whether it would have worked.

so maybe if you could not fake it, it could be a confidence problem. not a lack of confidence in yourself. more of a lack of confidence to fake something that YOU THINK is unnecessary.

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Are all of you kiddin? Other peoples feeling are a fraud, a sham, they're fake. People use em as a tool. Always have. Nobodys called the bluff as a collective whole yet because everyone wants to keep that option open. Kinda like earmarks.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

Quote Originally Posted by rokeziukas View Post
    Hi everyone . I have an intp friend , but he is so hard to understand . I found out that he realy understands other people felings , but he he ignores them .
    And now i can't figure out why . as i look at him i see big one unsolvable ridle . PS i am esfp. help . thanks in advance
    Well, this depends on the person, not on the type.
    I don't get other people's feelings, usually, unless if they explain them to me, in which case I do my best to avoid hurting them.

It can be hard for an INTP (or for any person not too much in tune with other people's feelings) because:
    -It's hard to tell what exactly are others' feelings at any given time and what influences these feelings: it's so subjective and different for every person that you can be observing people for the rest of your life and never fully get it.
    -Most TPs, in my experience, are quite hard to get offended, insulted and/or hurt. So they can't very easily relate to other people who are more sensitive with stuff. It's all too easy to hurt someone and not even realise it, just because you are projecting your feelings to other people and believe noone would ever get hurt with such a thing.
    -The general awkwardness of the introvert can also lead to situations where more extroverted people might feel that the introvert ignores their feelings.