• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] I heart INTJs

sculpting

really!!

So I sat at dinner the other night with a a good entp, a slimy entp and a couple of estps. The topic came up of a femal intj we work with. They said she was crazy and angry and was going to come to work with a gun and kill people.

I explained that she isnt angry just cold and reserved. I explained that she was one of the best scientists at our company-much to the chagrin of slimy, cause he has insecurity issues

I make her smile and laugh and I dance around and she is happy. There is such intensity there and I enjoy being a whirling little firefly, exploding with happy Fi glow and making her smile a little.

I do this with all the intjs. None of them seem to be immune.

I feel like I can be so childlike and honestly Fi with them more so than any other type because maybe they really expect nothing more from anyone anyways so are not disappointed.

:wubbie:

thoughts?

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
:D

I was at work the other day and had this conversation with a coworker:

Him: You look pissed.
Me: :confused:
Him: You aren't?
Me: No...this is my natural expression. I have to actually try to look happy all the time.
Him: That's kind of weird, but whatever.
Me: :dry:

So yeah, I identify with the description of female INTJ, lol.

I've also been the subject of many jokes about working on the docks and being on the phone with my bookie etc. and got the nickname Bruiser even though I'm almost never involved in any kind of physical conflict.

groovejet02

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
My best friend of 9 years is an INTJ. Like most INTJs, she comes off as intimidating and serious, but she's very fun. I''ve spent many funny and silly moments with her - just very random and absurd. The funny thing is as an INTP, I too come off as intimidating and dry to those not close to me. But if we are told about this about each other, we would probably be the first to deny it. And then probably break into laughter as we are reminded of our silliness.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
A slimy entp, lol.

Meta's an INTJ, and he's alright, I guess. :p

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
I relate with Meta, I get those conversations all the time at school. I've had professors joke about me being too serious all the time even though I'm not really being serious... just being, normal. People think we are nihilistic and slap that label on us just because of the way we look. I would appreciate it more if those people would actually talk to me instead, so they know that I'm not plotting their deaths or something. Oh and if I'm rude to someone when they talk to me that's probably because I'm trusting my intuition when it says that they are going to be a negative experience for me.

That was very nice of you to defend her when she wasn't there. :)

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am also guilty of wuvving me some INTJs.

sculpting

That was very nice of you to defend her when she wasn't there. :)

Honestly they are all kind of cogs in the same puzzle or piece of machinary that makes up my cosmic whole.. the estps are by default useless to me but I need the entps to be smarter than that. They are too smart and useful to be stupid-even slimy.

They need to understand what strengths she brings to the team even if we never make it to type terminology. There is too much value in an INTJ to leave the potential untapped through the interpersonal ignorance a typical estp displays.

Gamine

in-game
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
If I could feel, *cough cough*, I would have many pleasant things to say about INTJ's. After making all my close friends take the test, turns out I have found most of the INTJ's in my area. They rock my world. They metamorphic-ally rock my world.

2_7_1en.jpg

sonata

MBTI Type
iNtJ
We wouldn't show up to work with a gun and shoot everyone. It's highly impractical. We'd only get to kill a few of the people we disliked, and then we'd either be sent to jail for life or have to kill ourselves before that happened. Really, INTJs are smart enough to do something less cliché with our craziness and anger.

(That was me doing the weird INTJ-joking thing, in case it wasn't clear.)

I second what DM said, great of you to stick up for her.

SurlyAdam

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
I make her smile and laugh and I dance around and she is happy. There is such intensity there and I enjoy being a whirling little firefly, exploding with happy Fi glow and making her smile a little.

Bless your heart:)

I can sort of pretend to be warm, but it's draining. At work, I'm pretty much in charge so I don't feel the need to please my co-workers with a warm and friendly additude. They expect me to take care of them, which I do very well. Those who work from home and rarely come into the office are generally uneasy and some even hate me. But the people who see me every day know I'm not so serious.

Around friends, I am very light-hearted and amiable.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
awww...i like the happy puppy can we keep em?? please...please... :wubbie:

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
really!!

So I sat at dinner the other night with a a good entp, a slimy entp and a couple of estps. The topic came up of a femal intj we work with. They said she was crazy and angry and was going to come to work with a gun and kill people.

I explained that she isnt angry just cold and reserved. I explained that she was one of the best scientists at our company-much to the chagrin of slimy, cause he has insecurity issues

I feel like I can be so childlike and honestly Fi with them more so than any other type because maybe they really expect nothing more from anyone anyways so are not disappointed.

:wubbie:

thoughts?

The ENTPs may have been messing with you. Do they bring baby oil to work and somehow turn up at the right moment with video cameras?

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTJs are pretty cool people, IMHO. They just have a bad rep for being evil masterminds who want to rule the world!

INFJ + INTJ makes for a great combination; both share dom-Ni vision, but complement each other nicely with Fe and Te judging skills.

My bestest friend from my University days is an INTJ. She is pretty amazing because she has both Ni vision and a huge amount of Te drive to accomplish things. She joined the Armed Forces, then left and moved into HR, eventually achieving a senior position with a major bank. Now she works for herself as a consultant, life coach and writer (she has written lots of business-related books).

She was the first person who I could really talk to about the stranger side of my own Ni function as she had had similar experiences (we didn't know what to call it back then - we just knew that we saw the world in a different way to most other people).

My friend is very much in touch with her Fi and Se functions as well, so can be very down-to-earth and funny when she relaxes.

D

Dali

Hmmm... I'm not sure what to say. I know an INTJ; she used to laugh uproariously around me when I made all my silly comments and then I misstepped a bit (may have been a little too silly) and doorslam. No coming back.

At least, I thought so.

She then became real friendly to me a few months after that and, like a bee (or is it bear?) to honey, I couldn't resist the impulse to pull the same trick once more just to see how she'd react.

Super doorslam.

I now know not to provoke INTJs. ;)

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think the ENFPs at work are lovely. Really, REALLY lovely. Always the best of intentions, and the silliest comments. They make me smile even when my day has been crap.

pockets

MBTI Type
HUMM
An INTJ I know has the same problem of people developing mostly unfounded biases against him from little real interaction. I've had an XXFP acquaintance describe an INTJ as arrogant and derisive, and he's not really like that.
When I first got to know him though, I did feel as though I was being screened, and I didn't like that. I also felt he didn't like me much as a person, and that I'd offended him, which wasn't the case, though that was after I heard him growl something about 'destroying' a particularly insufferable immunology lecturer, so I thought he had a predilection for hatred of innocent bystanders. --> tendency to make a poor first impression(?)
When occupied, he seems to have a very stiff expression, especially around the mouth, but it's more like a fixed smile. I think that's what put off the XXFP .

ed111

MBTI Type
INTJ
:laugh:

I don't think I've ever met an INTJ. But I would really like to actually.

You probably have and thought 'what an asshole'.

In saying that though, ENFPs are pretty good at seeking out INTJs and befriending them. When I first started a new school, my ENFP friend sought me out and got to know me. We had a lot in common like enjoying Lord of the rings and the hobbit etc.

Being an INTJ makes you totally paranoid. I know that if I behave in my natural mode, that most people are going to dislike me and talk about me behind my back. I find it very tiring to constantly monitor my behaviour around others. It can be very upsetting! :(