• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] I heart INTJs

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have an ESFP friend who always says about one INTJ, "Let's try to be friends with him in case he decides to blow up anything, we'll know not to be around." And she is serious.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
really!!

So I sat at dinner the other night with a a good entp, a slimy entp and a couple of estps. The topic came up of a femal intj we work with. They said she was crazy and angry and was going to come to work with a gun and kill people.

I explained that she isnt angry just cold and reserved. I explained that she was one of the best scientists at our company-much to the chagrin of slimy, cause he has insecurity issues

I make her smile and laugh and I dance around and she is happy. There is such intensity there and I enjoy being a whirling little firefly, exploding with happy Fi glow and making her smile a little.

I do this with all the intjs. None of them seem to be immune.

I feel like I can be so childlike and honestly Fi with them more so than any other type because maybe they really expect nothing more from anyone anyways so are not disappointed.

:wubbie:

thoughts?

:wubbie: Ohhhhhh yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

I have an INTJ husband, and he often wears what I call his 'serious poker face'. At first I thought he was grumpy and pissed, and at first I was like :unsure:. The first time we had really genuinely dated and after a weekend that I thought was just perfect, he stoically hands me my bags and says, "Here, don't miss your train, I'll call you, bye." I was like :wtf: and I totally misinterpreted that as F YOU, after which I called him and said, "Uh, I don't think this is going to work out, if you're going to be so nasty to me after we had a lovely weekend and you're just a d---." He was floored, like had literally *NO* clue wtf I was talking about.

Afterwards, I realized it's just him - at first he does keep emotional distance, and it's not because he hates me or just wants some fun and acts like a DB - it's just him. If you go beyond and look at it positively, you notice that this is actually a good thing. He's so strong, both his psyche and his body, makes you just want to melt. *sighs* :drool:

Even better, now that we've gotten to know our respective 'craziness', we realize that we can bring out the best in ourselves. He helps me to stay focused and serious, carry through my projects (which I have serious problems with sometimes!), and be more rational and sensible. I help him to rediscover his imagination and silly side, brainstorm and flood him with good (albeit 90% crazy) ideas, and help him to kind of chill out and laugh a little with my not-all-too-silliness (when my anal-retentive ISTJ shadow doesn't peer its ugly head, that is :peepwall:). He's gotten to love my odd quirks so much that when I'm not silly or carefree, he gets grumpy - it's like the balance gets out of tilt or something. So he can't stand it when my shadow comes out to play, like when I'm preparing for this test, and he goes into hiding hehe. :D Not really, but you know what I mean.

Personally, I think ENFP and INTJ is a really good match. Funny, while I was watching Pride and Prejudice, he peered over my shoulder, watched for a few minutes and said - "Hmm, that guy is almost just like me, and you are almost just like the girl. Now I know why you like to watch it." hehehe :blush:

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Personally, I think ENFP and INTJ is a really good match. Funny, while I was watching Pride and Prejudice, he peered over my shoulder, watched for a few minutes and said - "Hmm, that guy is almost just like me, and you are almost just like the girl. Now I know why you like to watch it." hehehe :blush:

:happy: When my ENFJ man saw Pride and Prejudice he said hey..that's you. That guy is you. Mr. Darcy. Especially at the end. It was hard. Real hard. But you did it and told me how you loved me and wanted me and that I was the best thing since pourable peanut butter.

I wouldn't go that far. Ok maybe but I'm not telling him that. :wub:

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
You probably have and thought 'what an asshole'.

In saying that though, ENFPs are pretty good at seeking out INTJs and befriending them. When I first started a new school, my ENFP friend sought me out and got to know me. We had a lot in common like enjoying Lord of the rings and the hobbit etc.

Being an INTJ makes you totally paranoid. I know that if I behave in my natural mode, that most people are going to dislike me and talk about me behind my back. I find it very tiring to constantly monitor my behaviour around others. It can be very upsetting! :(

That's actually the opposite of how we ENFPs normally do (at least me), so it would make sense that an INTJ behaves like that. (since, despite the N commonality, we are opposites). We still care about what others think, but we simply choose to behave like we don't. At least, that's me.

It's funny you mention thinking 'what an asshole', because assuming INTJs aren't very talkative and open, I don't really form a bad opinion of someone unless the person is spewing obnoxiousness out of their mouth. Even then, we tend to be very acceptive I think.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've said it before, and I will probably say it again:

Absolutely loooovvee their dry sense of humor :drool:

Also, being stared at/commented on by an INTJ kinda impacts me like presenting me with a challenge: my pride prevents me from ignoring it. I automatically go: "You're on." and start a game of tag, just to see how fast I can get a reaction out of em :alttongue:

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTJs. Longstanding favorite. :wubbie:

Sigh. :rolli:

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Apparently all the INTJ fans only lurk on MBTI sites and nowhere IRL.

I'm buying the INTJ T shirt to wear out in public. I swear it.

pockets

MBTI Type
HUMM
Also, being stared at/commented on by an INTJ kinda impacts me like presenting me with a challenge: my pride prevents me from ignoring it.

brave bunny. :)
INTJs' stares are hard to beat. i feel like i'm a live specimen at the bottom of a microscope.

ed111

MBTI Type
INTJ
Apparently all the INTJ fans only lurk on MBTI sites and nowhere IRL.

I'm buying the INTJ T shirt to wear out in public. I swear it.

Ha , it does feel like that. May be I've just been too wrapped up in what I'm doing to notice anyone else.

I think I'm going to buy an INTJ t-shirt too ... who knows, people may start being nice to me!

ed111

MBTI Type
INTJ
That's actually the opposite of how we ENFPs normally do (at least me), so it would make sense that an INTJ behaves like that. (since, despite the N commonality, we are opposites). We still care about what others think, but we simply choose to behave like we don't. At least, that's me.

It's funny you mention thinking 'what an asshole', because assuming INTJs aren't very talkative and open, I don't really form a bad opinion of someone unless the person is spewing obnoxiousness out of their mouth. Even then, we tend to be very acceptive I think.

This is why we're happiest being around our close friends - we can just chill out and be ourselves without fear of being judged negatively. I think that as INTJs get older they do hone their social skill (a little), however we've probably taken that much of a beating in the past we also adopt the attitude of **** it, I'll say what I want and **** everyone else'. I haven't got much left of my tongue left, I've had to bite it so often.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Being an INTJ makes you totally paranoid. I know that if I behave in my natural mode, that most people are going to dislike me and talk about me behind my back.

Why do you think this? And what is your natural mode vs. unnatural mode?

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
Natural mode: the truth;
Unatural mode: what I think people want to hear, or else I'll say nothing (bite my tongue).

And the reason the paranoia about the natural mode exists is because of experiences in the past we've had relating to that sort of thing.
Also it's just clear to us sometimes (most times) that we don't fit in.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Hmm my INTJ friend says that he won't read into anything anyone says. If someone wants to say something about him they have to say it. He won't guess at what someone means. I love it, it reduces drama so much.

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
Hmm my INTJ friend says that he won't read into anything anyone says. If someone wants to say something about him they have to say it. He won't guess at what someone means. I love it, it reduces drama so much.

Does he read into what they do? Body language, actions, etc?