• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] How to mess with an NT's head

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I think an important question to ask yourselves is *why* you debate a topic/issue.

When I was in speech and debate in high school, I was forced to debate for issues I was vehemently against, a method that was used by my coach to hone our debate skills, but meh.

I think in order to be a convincing arguer, you must take an issue, scan and dissect it, find any vulnerable kinks, (and most issues worthy of debate have at least one or two points of weakness), and, despite what your opponent states, bring up and dwell on those inherent weaknesses in order to foster doubt and uncertainty amongst your opponent as well as the audience, also, capitalizing on human weaknesses, with a pathos-filled delivery can't hurt much, either.

And, meh.

Me no likey!!!

Whenever one engages in a debate, or in some hardcore discourse, they should maintain an intellectual integrity and their motives should be rooted in an attempt to reveal and understand a truer "truth", so to speak.

It is never about winning or losing, it is always about clarifying and understanding, at least, for me it is.

sculpting

I used to love L-D debate where I could fight for either side. I can see both sides of any issue I guess.h

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I think an important question to ask yourselves is *why* you debate a topic/issue.

When I was in speech and debate in high school, I was forced to debate for issues I was vehemently against, a method that was used by my coach to hone our debate skills, but meh.

I think in order to be a convincing arguer, you must take an issue, scan and dissect it, find any vulnerable kinks, (and most issues worthy of debate have at least one or two points of weakness), and, despite what your opponent states, bring up and dwell on those inherent weaknesses in order to foster doubt and uncertainty amongst your opponent as well as the audience, also, capitalizing on human weaknesses, with a pathos-filled delivery can't hurt much, either.

And, meh.

Me no likey!!!

Whenever one engages in a debate, or in some hardcore discourse, they should maintain an intellectual integrity and their motives should be rooted in an attempt to reveal and understand a truer "truth", so to speak.

It is never about winning or losing, it is always about clarifying and understanding, at least, for me it is.

I agree with this--I really don't like to debate for sport. It's tiresome. I like a discussion where both sides really are trying to come to some sort of "truth" to be agreed on, accepting that sometimes both sides will come to an impasse, but with no harm or disrespect meant. I hate getting into arguments where the other side is just looking for a word you might have used the incorrect tense of, or some such. I would have been up for that kind of stuff in high school, but it takes up too much of my energy to worry with now. Either we're trying to understand each other or we're not. If we have wildly different opinions, we're not likely to change each other's minds anyway.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5

And, meh.

Me no likey!!!

Lol, reading this I realize just how much of a hippie I must sound like.

:smoke:

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I hate getting into arguments where the other side is just looking for a word you might have used the incorrect tense of, or some such.

Either we're trying to understand each other or we're not. If we have wildly different opinions, we're not likely to change each other's minds anyway.
QFT!!!

Preach it!

There is a time when semantics is important and appropriate in a debate, but lord knows I hate a weasel who depends on the malleability of words and their definitions to harp on moot points.

:steam:

Also, "Either we're trying to understand each other or we're not. If we have wildly different opinions, we're not likely to change each other's minds anyway." <--- Wisest words I've come across today!!! :yes:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
well, I hate getting into arguements so thats all i can do -.-

Chimerical

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w5
wow...so mean....how could you be mean to such a funny enfp person?

sc0877dq.gif
happy puppy.

Because they're not funny.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Dude, you're better off changing types if you don't wanna deal with ENFPs, coz they're bound to gravitate towards ya :devil:

sculpting

Chimy,

Why so pissed at life? Why are you so defensive? You build a massive wall around yourself to lock us all out on an anon internet forum. I can only imagine how this plays out in real life.

You have amazing traits and an amazing underlying structure. When an enfp plays with you it isnt to make fun of you or be critical of you. That's not what we do typically (unless you are a slimy entp).

When we play it is an extension of our Ne-ness. It's like fly fishing, we throw it out and see if it hooks onto things around us. When combined with an Fi, you get a crazy spastic ball of goofy silly, with a deep soulful core. So when we play we can hook you guys deeply I think.

I think you are either misunderstanding our intentions or terrified to let anyone touch the little Fi that lives within you. You protect that Fi more than even we, twisted messed up enfps do.

It makes me hurt a bit for you to see you so bitter becuase I know that is not a pretty place.

Love you little one!

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
When an enfp plays with you it isnt to make fun of you or be critical of you. That's not what we do typically (unless you are a slimy entp).

When we play it is an extension of our Ne-ness.
It's like fly fishing, we throw it out and see if it hooks onto things around us. When combined with an Fi, you get a crazy spastic ball of goofy silly, with a deep soulful core. So when we play we can hook you guys deeply I think.

I think you are either misunderstanding our intentions or terrified to let anyone touch the little Fi that lives within you. You protect that Fi more than even we, twisted messed up enfps do.

It makes me hurt a bit for you to see you so bitter becuase I know that is not a pretty place.

Such an honest and insightful post!!!

:heart:

Thanks happy puppy!!!

And, Chimerical, do yourself a favor and listen to this wise lady, she knows what she speaks of.

:yes:

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I think you are either misunderstanding our intentions or terrified to let anyone touch the little Fi that lives within you.

You really think that some Fi lives within us?
confusion.gif

You really are idealists!

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
WTF is this so-called Fi?

sculpting

Not you guys, ntps, I am talking about the INTjs who shall crush you under their boots.