• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] How to mess with an NT's head

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Won't really work for me, as I counter why with why.

"Why do you think I'm sad?"
"Why do you think I'm mad?"

Make sure to hide the smirk with a :huh: face.

My favorite response is "why do you want to know, and how do my feelings in any way make a difference in your life?" Drives F types batty...

Qre:us

My favorite response is "why do you want to know, and how do my feelings in any way make a difference in your life?" Drives F types batty...

This is opening oneself up to the enemy by giving them an out to take off on a tangent with their response.

You gotta corner them, not give them an out.

Why do you want to know, allows for the ball to be in THEIR court, and any answer given is much less likely to be able to be countered, because it is subjective to them (I wanted to know cuz......)

But, asking them, "why do you think I'm sad?" corners them to give a justification to their position, with respect to you (the "I")....meaning, you can counter.

sculpting

I have a confession....

I have been torturing the slimy ENTP who was in my number 1 post...He is an extraoridinarily defective, insecure ENTP. Complete jerk to many of the folks we work with.

I find all types of things to do to fuck with his ego and I pick at his insecurities. Then I smile and pretend like its all a funny joke-which it may be depending upon the day...

It's like I am playing, then I really am playing, then I am evil-but just for a tiny bit-then I am playing again, but it is so playfully evil.

Mostly I make fun of his degree, his IQ, call him dr velco because he is almost as smart as velco, make fun of his academic pedigree, tell how much my most favoritist person ever is engineer X or Y, point out how our best scientist is actually Z, while he is part of the conversation. I also mistitle him and give him titles that are way below his real status in emails, let him know his patents are not applicable or even very good, and send his emails with read reciept implying he is too irresponsible to actually read them. He constantly tries to flirt with me and I pretend like I just dont get it and avoid eye contact or look at him like he has confused me w someone else. Then I wear skirts combined with cardigans that make it look like I almost am not wearing a skirt given the visual contrast. I schedule meetings, then reschedule but dont update him so he ends up missing the meeting, but let him know we worked it all in phone conversations we never had. My entp friend confirms that it is like watching a lion (him) hunting for prey (me) when he is around me. The she says I just wonder off obliviously, singing happy enfp silliness, and he just looks confused.

He was in town this week and started the week calling me sunshine and saying my toddler's pictures were pretty. By the end of the week he was drunk and talking about finding hookers.

Now I have new ammunition.

On a side note my Te finds him to be useful to the mission and employs his ideas diligently and with great dedication. He is a very valuable COG and does contribute adequately if funneled and contained properly in the right direction, and kept isolated from others given his lack of social skills.

I am going to a special Fi hell one day for evil Fis.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
I have a confession....

I have been torturing the slimy ENTP who was in my number 1 post...He is an extraoridinarily defective, insecure ENTP. Complete jerk to many of the folks we work with.

I find all types of things to do to fuck with his ego and I pick at his insecurities. Then I smile and pretend like its all a funny joke-which it may be depending upon the day...

It's like I am playing, then I really am playing, then I am evil-but just for a tiny bit-then I am playing again, but it is so playfully evil.

Mostly I make fun of his degree, his IQ, call him dr velco because he is almost as smart as velco, make fun of his academic pedigree, tell how much my most favoritist person ever is engineer X or Y, point out how our best scientist is actually Z, while he is part of the conversation. I also mistitle him and give him titles that are way below his real status in emails, let him know his patents are not applicable or even very good, and send his emails with read reciept implying he is too irresponsible to actually read them. He constantly tries to flirt with me and I pretend like I just dont get it and avoid eye contact or look at him like he has confused me w someone else. Then I wear skirts combined with cardigans that make it look like I almost am not wearing a skirt given the visual contrast. I schedule meetings, then reschedule but dont update him so he ends up missing the meeting, but let him know we worked it all in phone conversations we never had. My entp friend confirms that it is like watching a lion (him) hunting for prey (me) when he is around me. The she says I just wonder off obliviously, singing happy enfp silliness, and he just looks confused.

He was in town this week and started the week calling me sunshine and saying my toddler's pictures were pretty. By the end of the week he was drunk and talking about finding hookers.

On a side note my Te finds him to be useful to the mission and employs his ideas diligently and with great dedication. He is a very valuable COG and does contribute adequately if funneled and contained properly in the right direction, and kept isolated from others given his lack of social skills.

Well that's not very nice.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have a confession....

Can I help??? Just because I love to give ENTPs hell for the hell of it. :D

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Tell a male NT that "logic is an oppressive patriarchal tool", then brace yourself for a punch in the face.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
Make them cry... (a challenge I must admit) once you do the rewards are endless. as any public disply of emotion completely messes with their head... tears are like acid to them :D

NTs, we love you really :wubbie:

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Get them in a headlock. A lot of NTs are nerds with no natural defenses.

I have a confession....

But you both broke even, as, this same dude played you and hurt you because he showed that you were a game to him. No?

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Since noz was so nice at letting us all take stab at SJs, I figured I'd give the SJs (and the rest of us :D) a chance to annoy some NT's. So what are your fav strategies to drive an NT up the wall?

Personally, I love the emo-bomb, though I use it with care.

Other than that, getting them riled up about their new pet-theory and deliberately playing 'dumb' aka misunderstanding what they're saying completely works brilliantly as well.

And then there's the ever popular 'I know you're just bullshitting but I won't engage you and give you any ammo'-tactic which is lovely too.

NT's, be sure to thank Noz for this thread :D

Be religious!!!!

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Be an SJ!
thats really annoying!

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
This is opening oneself up to the enemy by giving them an out to take off on a tangent with their response.

You gotta corner them, not give them an out.

Why do you want to know, allows for the ball to be in THEIR court, and any answer given is much less likely to be able to be countered, because it is subjective to them (I wanted to know cuz......)

But, asking them, "why do you think I'm sad?" corners them to give a justification to their position, with respect to you (the "I")....meaning, you can counter.

Hahahaha... You haven't seen me in action.

Once they start talking about why they need to know my feelings, I keep probing them until it is glaringly obvious (to observers) that it's a control issue, not a "caring" issue. I turn everything around back into them and put them on the defensive (e.g. "what is your obsessive need to know my feelings? Is it a control issue? Were you forced to be submissive in your past relationships? Is this your way of regaining power?" etc...) I ask more and more personal questions until they end up curled in a ball sniffling about the time their father didn't play catch with them in the 4th grade.

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
Vehemently defend your positions that you established by reading one magazine article. For some extra spice make it like.. GQ or Rolling Stone.

Hahahaha... You haven't seen me in action.

Once they start talking about why they need to know my feelings, I keep probing them until it is glaringly obvious (to observers) that it's a control issue, not a "caring" issue. I turn everything around back into them and put them on the defensive (e.g. "what is your obsessive need to know my feelings? Is it a control issue? Were you forced to be submissive in your past relationships? Is this your way of regaining power?" etc...) I ask more and more personal questions until they end up curled in a ball sniffling about the time their father didn't play catch with them in the 4th grade.

I like the lambs to willingly come into my den, rather than go into their pastures.

Makes the victory that much sweeter. And lessens Fe-guilt. :cheese:

sculpting

Well that's not very nice.

He played me first...

I alternate between hell yeah sorry bastard, take it like a man, and guilt about his possibly flawed childhood that led him to be such a tool.

Normally I am not evil, more clueless.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Vehemently defend your positions that you established by reading one magazine article. For some extra spice make it like.. GQ or Rolling Stone.

Vogue. It has to be Vogue. ;)