• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] How to mess with an NT's head

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
It should be noted that I am drunk, and hence am lacking my full cognitive abilities.

Also, I must say, it is just so deliciously cute when you NTs make logical/spelling/grammatical errors.

:wub:

MBTI Type
INxJ
- as does bringing in completely irrelevant topics and insisting on their logical and rational relevance. Be sure to use those words. OFTEN.

- also change your stance every so often and insist you've been on that side all along

- tell them that not following rules is a rule itself

- undermine independence, and reiterate their dependency to others. Bonus points if you can give examples

- tell them to stop being so 'emotional' in the middle of an argument.

- call Science a conspiracy

- ask them to explain their jokes...each and every time

- deliberately recall the past falsely, esp. with regards to relevant facts to a discussion

AHAHA! You're an ENTP. I bet my books on it.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
It should be noted that I am drunk, and hence am lacking my full cognitive abilities.

Also, I must say, it is just so deliciously cute when you NTs make logical/spelling/grammatical errors.

:wub:

Wat I dun get it. So basikally your seying I shuld maek mor speling mistaeks?

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Wat I dun get it. So basikally your seying I shuld maek mor speling mistaeks?
Actually no, or yes, because I don't care too much about spelling as much as I care about the exhibition of sheer idiocy.

I know really smart cats who can't spell for shit.

Um, actually, I don't even care so much about processing speed/memory retention style intelligence, (lol, the NT's forte), as much as I care about logical consistency, creativity, intuition, and the display of common sense, and wisdom.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Actually no, or yes, because I don't care too much about spelling as much as I care about the exhibition of sheer idiocy.

I know really smart cats who can't spell for shit.

Um, actually, I don't even care so much about processing speed/memory retention style intelligence, (lol, the NT's forte), as much as I care about logical consistency, creativity, intuition, and the display of common sense, and wisdom.

O okey; I cn doo lojical consistinsy, creetivty, intooishin, commin sins and wizdum to.

processing speed/memory retention style intelligence, (lol, the NT's forte)

If you say so.

Azseroffs

MBTI Type
ENTj
Enneagram
5w4

The good NTs are more N than T me thinks.

I value intuition a lot more than pure logical thinking. You can't have good logical thinking without good intuition...

I'm a wannabe ENTP :doh:

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
The good NTs are more N than T me thinks.

I value intuition a lot more than pure logical thinking. You can't have good logical thinking without good intuition...

I'm a wannabe ENTP :doh:
Hmm, I have met some highly logical intuitards.

Nice avatar, btw. ;)

I think processing speed and memory retention are more NTP fortes.
Interesting hypothesis, pray tell, what would NTJ fortes be, then?

:)

Azseroffs

MBTI Type
ENTj
Enneagram
5w4
processing speed, yes
memory, not so much

I spend a good amount of time re-figuring things out.

edit: I'm just speaking for myself of course

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I like to connect the dots, or better yet, I like to connect clusters, or nodes, if you will.

An intricate network of nodular (is that a word) nebuloid categories, (making up words is fun!!! :yes:)

Connecting the dots is a lot more fun than painting by numbers~!~

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Since noz was so nice at letting us all take stab at SJs, I figured I'd give the SJs (and the rest of us :D) a chance to annoy some NT's. So what are your fav strategies to drive an NT up the wall?

Personally, I love the emo-bomb, though I use it with care.

Other than that, getting them riled up about their new pet-theory and deliberately playing 'dumb' aka misunderstanding what they're saying completely works brilliantly as well.

And then there's the ever popular 'I know you're just bullshitting but I won't engage you and give you any ammo'-tactic which is lovely too.

NT's, be sure to thank Noz for this thread :D

Tell them these:

"That does not make sense, how did you come up with these theories"
"thats illogical"
"You are so boring... can you spend your time thinking more pratical things."
"that is common sense, everyone should know this" (best come from SJ)
"You should pay more attention to details, details are very important in life"
"you are wrong" (don't give them a reason and walk away)
"Fuck, we've listened to you and your advice, and look how screwed up we are now!"
"I refuse to listen to illogical people"
"don't spend so much time on books, go outside and get a life."
"do you have any friends?"
:yes:

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Be CaptainChick, stating your "superiority" in the "game" on the grounds that you'll slap their face with a rubber chicken so many times before they can analyze it completely, and call it "intellectual domination" on the top ;)