• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] How to mess with an NT's head

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Make them cry... (a challenge I must admit) once you do the rewards are endless. as any public disply of emotion completely messes with their head... tears are like acid to them :D
Gah, when NTs cry it fucks with *my* head!!!

Making anyone cry fails, in my books. But when a seemingly unemotional, rational breaks down in tears, wow, it feels like the universe is caving in on itself, it's just too much!!!

I stand with my original assertion, you wanna fuck with an NT? Be an extroverted feeler who can pwn them with logic in a debate, or beat them in a game of chess. :yes:

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Gah, when NTs cry it fucks with *my* head!!!

Making anyone cry fails, in my books. But when a seemingly unemotional, rational breaks down in tears, wow, it feels like the universe is caving in on itself, it's just too much!!!

I stand with my original assertion, you wanna fuck with an NT? Be an extroverted feeler who can pwn them with logic in a debate, or beat them in a game of chess. :yes:

Actually, what's worse is when we do win a logical debate, but the other person thinks they won it with logic, because it makes sense to them. Take a look at FemmeUrbane's arguments in the "Guns are Evil" thread, and see how many NTs she had falling over themselves proving her wrong over and over again, myself included.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Actually, what's worse is when we do win a logical debate, but the other person thinks they won it with logic, because it makes sense to them. Take a look at FemmeUrbane's arguments in the "Guns are Evil" thread, and see how many NTs she had falling over themselves trying proving her wrong over and over again, myself included.

QFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT and more T.

There is nothing more infuriating than someone THINKING they out-logic'd you, when they did nothing of the sort.

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
You know that shaky-inhaled-breaths thing little kids do before they're about to cry? That's what this thread makes me do.

*snivel*
*lip tremble*

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
You know that shaky-inhaled-breaths thing little kids do before they're about to cry? That's what this thread makes me do.

*snivel*
*lip tremble*

Really? I love it. Bring on the hate. That means we're doing a good job!

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Actually, what's worse is when we do win a logical debate, but the other person thinks they won it with logic, because it makes sense to them. Take a look at FemmeUrbane's arguments in the "Guns are Evil" thread, and see how many NTs she had falling over themselves trying proving her wrong over and over again, myself included.
A: Isn't FemmeUrbane an NT? :huh:

B: Y'all are an intellectually stubborn lot, I'll give you that, but having spent endless hours on numerous occasions arguing with NTs, even though many of you will hold your ground, and refuse to budge, you *intuitively* know when you are wrong, but it takes your Te or Ti, or peni, as it were :), to catch up with the *truth* of the matter, so there tends to be some lag, there. But, eventually, you come around!

C: Your weakness often lies in your intellectual pride, if you guys cared more about *intellectual integrity* debating would turn into a lot more of an amiable-like and productive discourse.

D: Another NT Achilles heel that directly relates or stems from the above statement, I think many of you were raised being the smart or smartest ones, and this, ironically, puts you at an intellectual disadvantage when in the company of other smarty-pants.

E: What is an NT when he loses his :nerd: shield/armor? You tell me.

:)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
well I think NT isnt about smartness only. INTPs and INTJs maybe like smartness, but I bet ENTPs and ENTJs are more into wisdom

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Actually, what's worse is when we do win a logical debate, but the other person thinks they won it with logic, because it makes sense to them. Take a look at FemmeUrbane's arguments in the "Guns are Evil" thread, and see how many NTs she had falling over themselves proving her wrong over and over again, myself included.

Wrong example:

1) FemmeUrbane is an NT.

2) I too am an NT.

3) Lot of others who agreed with us were extreme NTs (Antisocial One, for instance)

3) And yet, we find the reasons why you like guns to be... quite out of any logical argument (since every studies made on that subject proved you wrong, but you dismissed them nonetheless). Even Jack (who pretends he was NT) behaved very... oddly when the subject was Guns!
And in the end, I was attacked mostly by Texan ENFPs.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Wrong example:

1) FemmeUrbane is an NT.

2) I too am an NT.

3) And yet, we find the reasons why you like guns to be... quite out of any logical argument (since every study made on that subject proved you wrong, but you dismissed then nonetheless). Even Jack (who pretends he was NT) behaved very... oddly when the subject was Guns!
And in the end, I was attacked mostly by texan ENFPs.
:popc1:

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I'm impatient, Jock, post your counterpoint, (if you even have one ;) ), already!!!

*stomps feet*

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
A: Isn't FemmeUrbane an NT? :huh:

She says she is. Though my statement doesn't necessarily say NT users can never be logically wrong. If anything they can be disastrously wrong, since an intellectual arrogance can blind themselves to the truth.
B: Y'all are an intellectually stubborn lot, I'll give you that, but having spent endless hours on numerous occasions arguing with NTs, even though many of you will hold your ground, and refuse to budge, you *intuitively* know when you are wrong, but it takes your Te or Ti, or peni, as it were :), to catch up with the *truth* of the matter, so there tends to be some lag, there. But, eventually, you come around!
Well we wouldn't be good debaters if we gave up instantly against a good point, provided you actually have one. However, people always think they have good ideas and points. Doesn't necessarily mean they do.

C: Your weakness often lies in your intellectual pride, if you guys cared more about *intellectual integrity* debating would turn into a lot more of an amiable-like and productive discourse.
Definitely have a lot of pride. I don't think NTs really ever get terribly vicious during the debates, unless the other debater is horribly inept at recognizing the failure of their own argument. Then it gets frustrating as time and energy is wasted as the other person tries to resuscitate it.

D: Another NT Achilles heel that directly relates or stems from the above statement, I think many of you were raised being the smart or smartest ones, and this, ironically, puts you at an intellectual disadvantage when in the company of other smarty-pants.

I'll disagree with you here. I salivate when I meet someone smarter than me. Why do you think we read so much? I want to learn from them. I want to share their ideas. The mindset you describe, is probably held by immature people that often retreat to the internet to help themselves feel better about being mediocre.

E: What is an NT when he loses his :nerd: shield/armor? You tell me.
:)

What shield and armor is that? Their intellectual worldview? Their minds? What are you without your ideals? It leads to the same answer, and that is an empty husk of fleshy crap.

Wrong example:

1) FemmeUrbane is an NT.

2) I too am an NT.

3) Lot of others who agreed with us were extreme NTs (Antisocial One, for instance)

3) And yet, we find the reasons why you like guns to be... quite out of any logical argument (since every study made on that subject proved you wrong, but you dismissed them nonetheless). Even Jack (who pretends he was NT) behaved very... oddly when the subject was Guns!
And in the end, I was attacked mostly by texan ENFPs.

My example never insinuated she wasn't an NT. Also, I will agree with you that every study on guns usually concludes that more guns=more problems, and I don't really see any reason why people need to own arsenals in our current society. People need Uzis, and automatic AR-15s? Really? Of course not. The argument of the thread was whether the guns themselves, on a philosophical level, are inherently evil. Of course they aren't. The human makes them evil, but they aren't evil by themselves. We can start this argument up again if we can find the thread, if you want to.

Last edited:

Rangler

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w8

Sad, but true. At least for ENTJs. IMO.