User Tag List

First 4121314151624 Last

Results 131 to 140 of 257

  1. #131
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    well I think NT isnt about smartness only. INTPs and INTJs maybe like smartness, but I bet ENTPs and ENTJs are more into wisdom
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  2. #132
    Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    2,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Actually, what's worse is when we do win a logical debate, but the other person thinks they won it with logic, because it makes sense to them. Take a look at FemmeUrbane's arguments in the "Guns are Evil" thread, and see how many NTs she had falling over themselves proving her wrong over and over again, myself included.
    Wrong example:

    1) FemmeUrbane is an NT.

    2) I too am an NT.

    3) Lot of others who agreed with us were extreme NTs (Antisocial One, for instance)

    3) And yet, we find the reasons why you like guns to be... quite out of any logical argument (since every studies made on that subject proved you wrong, but you dismissed them nonetheless). Even Jack (who pretends he was NT) behaved very... oddly when the subject was Guns!
    And in the end, I was attacked mostly by Texan ENFPs.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

    7w8 SCUxI

  3. #133
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    Wrong example:

    1) FemmeUrbane is an NT.

    2) I too am an NT.

    3) And yet, we find the reasons why you like guns to be... quite out of any logical argument (since every study made on that subject proved you wrong, but you dismissed then nonetheless). Even Jack (who pretends he was NT) behaved very... oddly when the subject was Guns!
    And in the end, I was attacked mostly by texan ENFPs.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  4. #134
    Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    2,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    INTPs and INTJs maybe like smartness, but I bet ENTPs and ENTJs are more into wisdom
    What is "wisdom"?
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

    7w8 SCUxI

  5. #135
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    damn good question ^^
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  6. #136
    Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    2,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Exactly!
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

    7w8 SCUxI

  7. #137
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    I'm impatient, Jock, post your counterpoint, (if you even have one ), already!!!

    *stomps feet*
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  8. #138
    Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    A: Isn't FemmeUrbane an NT?
    She says she is. Though my statement doesn't necessarily say NT users can never be logically wrong. If anything they can be disastrously wrong, since an intellectual arrogance can blind themselves to the truth.
    B: Y'all are an intellectually stubborn lot, I'll give you that, but having spent endless hours on numerous occasions arguing with NTs, even though many of you will hold your ground, and refuse to budge, you *intuitively* know when you are wrong, but it takes your Te or Ti, or peni, as it were , to catch up with the *truth* of the matter, so there tends to be some lag, there. But, eventually, you come around!
    Well we wouldn't be good debaters if we gave up instantly against a good point, provided you actually have one. However, people always think they have good ideas and points. Doesn't necessarily mean they do.

    C: Your weakness often lies in your intellectual pride, if you guys cared more about *intellectual integrity* debating would turn into a lot more of an amiable-like and productive discourse.
    Definitely have a lot of pride. I don't think NTs really ever get terribly vicious during the debates, unless the other debater is horribly inept at recognizing the failure of their own argument. Then it gets frustrating as time and energy is wasted as the other person tries to resuscitate it.

    D: Another NT Achilles heel that directly relates or stems from the above statement, I think many of you were raised being the smart or smartest ones, and this, ironically, puts you at an intellectual disadvantage when in the company of other smarty-pants.
    I'll disagree with you here. I salivate when I meet someone smarter than me. Why do you think we read so much? I want to learn from them. I want to share their ideas. The mindset you describe, is probably held by immature people that often retreat to the internet to help themselves feel better about being mediocre.

    E: What is an NT when he loses his shield/armor? You tell me.
    What shield and armor is that? Their intellectual worldview? Their minds? What are you without your ideals? It leads to the same answer, and that is an empty husk of fleshy crap.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    Wrong example:

    1) FemmeUrbane is an NT.

    2) I too am an NT.

    3) Lot of others who agreed with us were extreme NTs (Antisocial One, for instance)

    3) And yet, we find the reasons why you like guns to be... quite out of any logical argument (since every study made on that subject proved you wrong, but you dismissed them nonetheless). Even Jack (who pretends he was NT) behaved very... oddly when the subject was Guns!
    And in the end, I was attacked mostly by texan ENFPs.
    My example never insinuated she wasn't an NT. Also, I will agree with you that every study on guns usually concludes that more guns=more problems, and I don't really see any reason why people need to own arsenals in our current society. People need Uzis, and automatic AR-15s? Really? Of course not. The argument of the thread was whether the guns themselves, on a philosophical level, are inherently evil. Of course they aren't. The human makes them evil, but they aren't evil by themselves. We can start this argument up again if we can find the thread, if you want to.
    Last edited by JocktheMotie; 03-09-2009 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Eww I suck at grammar.



  9. #139
    Senior Member Rangler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w8
    Posts
    319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    C: Your weakness often lies in your intellectual pride, if you guys cared more about *intellectual integrity* debating would turn into a lot more of an amiable-like and productive discourse.
    Sad, but true. At least for ENTJs. IMO.
    R[a]ngl[e]r

  10. #140
    Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    2,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I salivate when I meet someone smarter than me.
    I guess you are very hungry, then, just like the dog in the Pavlov's experiment. :rolli:
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

    7w8 SCUxI

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] How to communicate with an INTX
    By yenom in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-01-2009, 09:27 AM
  2. [NF] How to mess with an NF's head?
    By Virtual ghost in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 117
    Last Post: 05-14-2009, 05:08 AM
  3. [SJ] how to mess with an SJ's head
    By nozflubber in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 97
    Last Post: 03-22-2009, 01:46 AM
  4. How to mess with a Water type's head?
    By Jeremy in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-09-2009, 07:17 PM
  5. [SP] How to mess with an SP's head
    By Jeffster in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 03-09-2009, 12:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO