User Tag List

First 234

ThatGirl

If I had children I imagine that my kids would be the most important thing in the world to me. They are like a project that you create and nurture and build into real human beings.

So from what I have noticed NT parents tend to take a more hands off approach to raising children. Example where a parent may say "This kid WILL be a baseball player," NTs usually like to provide environments where the child can grow and develop their own personalities. Children of NT parents are expected to stay with in the boundaries, but allowed to move freely through them for self sufficiency. They are also expected to love to learn...but in any area they chose.

I think that no matter what your personality type is, nature will always take over.

Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Thanks for the reassurance guys. She'll be back tomorrow morning and I'm excited and happy that she'll be home.
    Embrace the possibilities.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7?

I have an INTP mother. she scared the hell out of my friends when I was living at home (which was great, it gave me some Fi time) and sometimes seemed very cold because she didn't automatically jump up to fix hors d'oeuvres when a guest walked in. it was also easy for me to get around her ultimatums (curfew, allowance, chores, etc.) because I would hone my Te to give appropriate reasons why I shouldn't have to adhere. she, a rational perceiving type, wouldn't be able to put her foot down until she found a loophole in the argument. I got very good at finding these before she did.

she was extremely helpful with my schoolwork, and to this day I believe that the reason I became an extrovert was so that I'd know more about something than her-- in this case people. now that I'm on my own, I know that I couldn't have asked for a more reasonable, understanding, helpful, or cooler mother (she still introduces me to a bunch of good new music).

she wasn't happy about the housewife role, though-- she's a writer who just happened to be home to take care of the kids. her feminist rebellion was never cleaning the house because that wasn't under the original job description of "author-caregiver." hah. take that, pops.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Galusha: did she do half decently, financially with the writing?
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7?

that wasn't really the point for her. she just enjoyed being able to write, having the time and space to do it. if we were strapped for cash, she'd take up freelancing as a journalist for a little while (which she did very well with, financially) and then go back to writing poetry.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Galusha View Post
    that wasn't really the point for her. she just enjoyed being able to write, having the time and space to do it. if we were strapped for cash, she'd take up freelancing as a journalist for a little while (which she did very well with, financially) and then go back to writing poetry.
    I guess I was just indulging my Si. I could handle such a relationship if it could handle me working less so that I'd have time to do the cooking and cleaning.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

My mom's an ENTJ. She is somewhat like ceecee, and was raised by SJ's. She is highly intelligent, with I think a master's degree and wants me to be able to perform at my peak abilities on my own. She does get uptight about me being scatterbrained.