12 Last

Thread: Ne!!!!!!!!!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

Default Ne!!!!!!!!!

Hey all!

Couldn't someone please explain Ne, it practical effects and how its different from Ni.
    I'm particularly interested in how it helps in social situations and makes people "charming"!
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

It's like Ni, but extroverted!

Insert copypasta from previous threads here:

Ni - Discovering the threads that tie different ideas together.
    Ne - Following the threads from one idea to a new one.

Ne - Gathers external ideas and explores the possibilities. Follows the threads from one idea to new ones. Passes on these possibilities to Ji.
    Ni - Gathers external ideas, and discovers the connections to other stored ideas. Leads to "mystical insights" into how one idea leads to another. Gives model to Je to build externally.

It makes people "charming" because it is an external process. The ideas it finds are thrown out into the world (not always, sometimes they are given to Ji to mess with, this is more prevalent in INPs naturally). It leads to a quirky sense of humour, to being seen as unique and interesting.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by CJ99 View Post
    Hey all!

Couldn't someone please explain Ne, it practical effects and how its different from Ni.
    I'm particularly interested in how it helps in social situations and makes people "charming"!
    Ne...Thinking works better if focus is outward..Sorting out problems inside one's head are not quite as easily accomplished...Things are accomplished more quickly when one converses with others...How this happens? I guess the temperament feels better emotionally and can then focus on the topic of discussion.

It's just how things work best I find. Is this seen as 'charming'?
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Ok, there's no such thing as Je or Ji (or Pe or Pi) in Jung or socionics or any system that uses such terms.

Lenore Thomson has a much better explanation:

For Ni:

Quasi-defining statements

p. 222: "...draws our attention to immediate sensory phenomena. ... It prompts an interest in perception itself--the process of recognizing and interpreting what we take in."

p. 223: "Introverted Intuition would prompt us to liberate our sense impressions from their larger context, thereby creating new options for perception itself."

p. 229: "Introverted Intuitions are not really ideas. They're like trains at the edge of articulated knowledge. You can't claim them or advocate them. You put on a hat, grab hold of a boxcar door, and see where they go."

p. 153: "Introverted Intuition suggests that absolute meaning is an illusion--the result of having incomplete information."

As a dominant function:

p. 225: "For INJs, patterns aren't 'out there' in the world, waiting to be discovered. They're part of us--the way we make sense of the riot of energy and information impinging on our systems. A disease syndrome is a useful construct, but that's all it is--an aggregate of observations attached to a label, telling us what to see and how to deal with it."

p. 225: "Where Extraverted Intuitives see many behavioral options, INJs acknowledge many conceptual standpoints. They experience no need to declare one inherently better than another. Indeed, these types have the disconcerting habit of solving a problem by shifting their perspective and defining the situation some other way."

p. 234: "For INJs, truth isn't about logic. Truth is a frame of reference, a way of organizing information, which serves one set of needs or another."

For Ne:

Quasi-Defining Statements

p. 196: "Intuition draws our attention to context and we adapt to sensory events in terms of it."

p. 197: "Once we've grasped a whole pattern, we can envision options that don't yet exist. Indeed, one of the drawbacks of Intuition is that it conjures up a future before we know very much about the present. For example, given enough elements to suggest a star or a square, we have a hard time not filling in the blanks and seeing the complete image."

p. 198: "...to leap from a few immediate cues to a quick impression of the whole..."

p. 223: "Extraverted Intuition would move us to unify our sense impressions with their larger context, thereby creating new options for meaning and response."

p. 224: "Extraverted Intuitives are right-brain types who deal with their sense impressions by unifying them into larger outward patterns. An ENP physician, for example, may realize, with sudden insight, that several unexplained symptoms are actually part of a single disease. As an Extraverted type, the physician has no doubt that the disease syndrome really exists. The pattern was always there, waiting for someone to discover it."
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Ok, there's no such thing as Je or Ji (or Pe or Pi) in Jung or socionics or any system that uses such terms.
    Sure there is.
    Same as we can reference both Ni and Ne at the same time by saying N, we can reference both Extroverted Feeling and Extroverted Thinking at once by using Je.
    It's handy for parsing out extraneous information and focusing on just one, but still showing the relationship between the selected subject and either/both of its pairing functions.
    These terms are beyond useful, they're crucial.
    But they don't exist per se. So I guess in a cosmic sense you're right.

Quasi-defining statements
    As easy as it is to read online statements by famous authors, I have to insist that you don't rely on them, but instead make a trip down to your local book store, read the books, and promptly replace it back on the shelf after having finished.

There's no reason to pay for knowledge, but it's equally inexcusable to go uneducated.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram

Go talk about deep stuff with an INTJ, the differences will become stunningly clear.

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Ne sees things for face value internally and react externally. Ni is versa visa. But i'm drunk as hell so i'll head over to the drunk blog.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

Quote Originally Posted by CJ99 View Post
    Because it is extraverted, it makes connections between things/people/ideas that are OUT THERE...in the world. Hence, others are not only mere audience, but, Ne makes them part of the act.

MBTI
    eNtP
    Enneagram
    4w5/

You guys should me more layman in describing this.

The way I see it.

Ni = cognitive process associated with analysis of implications. Based on a linear perception of reality, hence being put aside with Te. Ni is the visionary function.

Ne = the charming side of intuition. The wit fucntion. Ability to generate ideas, often times put under the logical framework of the Ti.

Unlike Ni, which is under the framework of causality, the Ne is more like a sheer generation of idea per se, drawn from the context generated by the observation of anything absorbed by the sensory functions.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmOH5f1J1Uc"]This is not Ne !!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/YOUTUBE]
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]