• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Ne] Ne!!!!!!!!!

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Hey all!

Couldn't someone please explain Ne, it practical effects and how its different from Ni.
I'm particularly interested in how it helps in social situations and makes people "charming"!

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
It's like Ni, but extroverted!

Insert copypasta from previous threads here:

Ni - Discovering the threads that tie different ideas together.
Ne - Following the threads from one idea to a new one.

Ne - Gathers external ideas and explores the possibilities. Follows the threads from one idea to new ones. Passes on these possibilities to Ji.
Ni - Gathers external ideas, and discovers the connections to other stored ideas. Leads to "mystical insights" into how one idea leads to another. Gives model to Je to build externally.

It makes people "charming" because it is an external process. The ideas it finds are thrown out into the world (not always, sometimes they are given to Ji to mess with, this is more prevalent in INPs naturally). It leads to a quirky sense of humour, to being seen as unique and interesting.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hey all!

Couldn't someone please explain Ne, it practical effects and how its different from Ni.
I'm particularly interested in how it helps in social situations and makes people "charming"!

Ne...Thinking works better if focus is outward..Sorting out problems inside one's head are not quite as easily accomplished...Things are accomplished more quickly when one converses with others...How this happens? I guess the temperament feels better emotionally and can then focus on the topic of discussion.

It's just how things work best I find. Is this seen as 'charming'?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ok, there's no such thing as Je or Ji (or Pe or Pi) in Jung or socionics or any system that uses such terms.

Lenore Thomson has a much better explanation:

For Ni:

Quasi-defining statements

p. 222: "...draws our attention to immediate sensory phenomena. ... It prompts an interest in perception itself--the process of recognizing and interpreting what we take in."

p. 223: "Introverted Intuition would prompt us to liberate our sense impressions from their larger context, thereby creating new options for perception itself."

p. 229: "Introverted Intuitions are not really ideas. They're like trains at the edge of articulated knowledge. You can't claim them or advocate them. You put on a hat, grab hold of a boxcar door, and see where they go."

p. 153: "Introverted Intuition suggests that absolute meaning is an illusion--the result of having incomplete information."

As a dominant function:

p. 225: "For INJs, patterns aren't 'out there' in the world, waiting to be discovered. They're part of us--the way we make sense of the riot of energy and information impinging on our systems. A disease syndrome is a useful construct, but that's all it is--an aggregate of observations attached to a label, telling us what to see and how to deal with it."

p. 225: "Where Extraverted Intuitives see many behavioral options, INJs acknowledge many conceptual standpoints. They experience no need to declare one inherently better than another. Indeed, these types have the disconcerting habit of solving a problem by shifting their perspective and defining the situation some other way."

p. 234: "For INJs, truth isn't about logic. Truth is a frame of reference, a way of organizing information, which serves one set of needs or another."

For Ne:

Quasi-Defining Statements

p. 196: "Intuition draws our attention to context and we adapt to sensory events in terms of it."

p. 197: "Once we've grasped a whole pattern, we can envision options that don't yet exist. Indeed, one of the drawbacks of Intuition is that it conjures up a future before we know very much about the present. For example, given enough elements to suggest a star or a square, we have a hard time not filling in the blanks and seeing the complete image."

p. 198: "...to leap from a few immediate cues to a quick impression of the whole..."

p. 223: "Extraverted Intuition would move us to unify our sense impressions with their larger context, thereby creating new options for meaning and response."

p. 224: "Extraverted Intuitives are right-brain types who deal with their sense impressions by unifying them into larger outward patterns. An ENP physician, for example, may realize, with sudden insight, that several unexplained symptoms are actually part of a single disease. As an Extraverted type, the physician has no doubt that the disease syndrome really exists. The pattern was always there, waiting for someone to discover it."

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Ok, there's no such thing as Je or Ji (or Pe or Pi) in Jung or socionics or any system that uses such terms.
Sure there is.
Same as we can reference both Ni and Ne at the same time by saying N, we can reference both Extroverted Feeling and Extroverted Thinking at once by using Je.
It's handy for parsing out extraneous information and focusing on just one, but still showing the relationship between the selected subject and either/both of its pairing functions.
These terms are beyond useful, they're crucial.
But they don't exist per se. So I guess in a cosmic sense you're right.

Quasi-defining statements
As easy as it is to read online statements by famous authors, I have to insist that you don't rely on them, but instead make a trip down to your local book store, read the books, and promptly replace it back on the shelf after having finished.

There's no reason to pay for knowledge, but it's equally inexcusable to go uneducated.

Von Mittendorf

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
Go talk about deep stuff with an INTJ, the differences will become stunningly clear.

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
Ne sees things for face value internally and react externally. Ni is versa visa. But i'm drunk as hell so i'll head over to the drunk blog.

Qre:us

Because it is extraverted, it makes connections between things/people/ideas that are OUT THERE...in the world. Hence, others are not only mere audience, but, Ne makes them part of the act.

Cypocalypse

MBTI Type
eNtP
Enneagram
4w5/
You guys should me more layman in describing this.

The way I see it.

Ni = cognitive process associated with analysis of implications. Based on a linear perception of reality, hence being put aside with Te. Ni is the visionary function.

Ne = the charming side of intuition. The wit fucntion. Ability to generate ideas, often times put under the logical framework of the Ti.

Unlike Ni, which is under the framework of causality, the Ne is more like a sheer generation of idea per se, drawn from the context generated by the observation of anything absorbed by the sensory functions.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmOH5f1J1Uc"]This is not Ne !!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/YOUTUBE]

Jeremy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Okay, so viewed entirely in the abstract form of Persona 4 attack scenes:

So, Ne is kind of like this:

custom_1226347428127_persona4_screenshot_122.jpg

And Ni is more like this:

persona%204%20combat%202.jpg

Okay, so that probably doesn't make much sense. But I am trying to make a point (and I'm really sleepy listening to P4 music, so that doesn't help matters any). So basically, in Ne, you're basically seeing the whole picture. You suddenly get it. You find the pattern in the data. And you tell others, after, of course, you've vetted it using your internal judging function. If it's stupid, it's probably not a good idea to say it. But if it has any remote value at all, Ne will say it. So Ne goes around in a more roundabout way - your ideas come from a very vague place, then you internally see if it makes sense. Then you let others know (or, at the very least, can use the knowledge in some way :p)

Ni on the other hand, comes from getting those ideas from the inside first. You're not really relying on an internal sense of right and wrong as far as the data goes. The data, for you, comes from a sudden insight, a wellspring of knowledge from limited external data. Then you take that data, and compare it to the external situation using your Te function. Then you whip out your Agi skills and knock down the enemy using your mysterious internal knowing ability!

Long story short:

Ne: Sees the whole picture externally, seizing the whole moment instead of details; fills in details by questioning internally and then projecting ideas that are plausible
Ni: Sees the links that make up the whole picture internally; figures out how those links make sense externally and then projects their plan of action

And finally, if I'm making absolutely no sense at all, then I give you this:

www.typologycentral.com/forums/mbti...ally-legit-figure-out-your-true-type-etc.html

I made that post awhile ago trying to give an easier, more concrete way to think of the functions. There were a few criticisms, and probably rightly so, but others said it helped them. If it helps you, I'd be happy :)

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sure there is.
Same as we can reference both Ni and Ne at the same time by saying N, we can reference both Extroverted Feeling and Extroverted Thinking at once by using Je.
It's handy for parsing out extraneous information and focusing on just one, but still showing the relationship between the selected subject and either/both of its pairing functions.
These terms are beyond useful, they're crucial.
But they don't exist per se. So I guess in a cosmic sense you're right.

As easy as it is to read online statements by famous authors, I have to insist that you don't rely on them, but instead make a trip down to your local book store, read the books, and promptly replace it back on the shelf after having finished.

There's no reason to pay for knowledge, but it's equally inexcusable to go uneducated.

:jew:

Mmk, if that's what he meant by Je, fair. I just hadn't seen it before. My mistake.

Yeah I guess I do need to read up on Thomson's stuff; I've only just recently found out about her and read the wiki on her.

I live in Georgia though; book stores are illegal here.

sculpting

Ne is like a mischevious clever puppy running around the living room. It rolls on the carpet and then peeks under the rug to grab a toy. Then it drops that toy and pokes its head into the basket to find some other toy. It takes it out shakes it, chews, and throws it in the air, then pokes its whole body under the rug, sure to find more toys where the first were. What's next the puppy asks?

looking, looking, looking, constantly connecting and recreating, then looking more...mischief personified.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ne is natural relationships, Ni is calculated realationships

Ne is what allows engineering to be done.
Ni is what is created with reverse engineering.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ne is like a mischevious clever puppy running around the living room. It rolls on the carpet and then peeks under the rug to grab a toy. Then it drops that toy and pokes its head into the basket to find some other toy. It takes it out shakes it, chews, and throws it in the air, then pokes its whole body under the rug, sure to find more toys where the first were. What's next the puppy asks?

looking, looking, looking, constantly connecting and recreating, then looking more...mischief personified.

And that definition is written with Si. Its the visual respresentation with all the glorious detail:D

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
I live in Georgia though; book stores are illegal here.
Like I said, going uneducated is inexcusable.

On the other hand, for an abridged, but still more lengthy and in greater detail than those definitions you'd posted, I have a resource posted not too long ago on the matter.

Search the P and J muddling.

I've been meaning to finish it up, but it's still good information.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA

hehe

Actually when I was on the train the other day I was noticing this. When given no other thing to be interested in, I will have studied everything in the carriage by the end of the trip. People and signs, the grates on the roof for the air conditioning, the cameras and their coverage, hehe. All this information might be useful for something, but it is just out of interest. I think our gift in this area is being bored easily, so seeking new stuff to learn and study.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Ne for me is:

seeing connection between information and time
seeing connection between information and power
seeing connection between information and reality
google
seeing how reality works and create information models, and test it again back again in reality
constant search for information and its reationship iwith the real world
develop abstract ideas and storing them in head, using them when opportunitty arises