Thread: Ne!!!!!!!!!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Okay, so viewed entirely in the abstract form of Persona 4 attack scenes:

So, Ne is kind of like this:

And Ni is more like this:

Okay, so that probably doesn't make much sense. But I am trying to make a point (and I'm really sleepy listening to P4 music, so that doesn't help matters any). So basically, in Ne, you're basically seeing the whole picture. You suddenly get it. You find the pattern in the data. And you tell others, after, of course, you've vetted it using your internal judging function. If it's stupid, it's probably not a good idea to say it. But if it has any remote value at all, Ne will say it. So Ne goes around in a more roundabout way - your ideas come from a very vague place, then you internally see if it makes sense. Then you let others know (or, at the very least, can use the knowledge in some way :P)

Ni on the other hand, comes from getting those ideas from the inside first. You're not really relying on an internal sense of right and wrong as far as the data goes. The data, for you, comes from a sudden insight, a wellspring of knowledge from limited external data. Then you take that data, and compare it to the external situation using your Te function. Then you whip out your Agi skills and knock down the enemy using your mysterious internal knowing ability!

Long story short:

Ne: Sees the whole picture externally, seizing the whole moment instead of details; fills in details by questioning internally and then projecting ideas that are plausible
    Ni: Sees the links that make up the whole picture internally; figures out how those links make sense externally and then projects their plan of action

And finally, if I'm making absolutely no sense at all, then I give you this:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...-type-etc.html

I made that post awhile ago trying to give an easier, more concrete way to think of the functions. There were a few criticisms, and probably rightly so, but others said it helped them. If it helps you, I'd be happy
    "Can you set me free from this dark inner world? Save me now, last beats in the soul.."

Fonewearl and proud of it!

I (85%) - N (80%) - F (35%) - P (90%)
    O: 94% C: 18% E: 21% A: 94% N: 38%
    9w1 (SP, SX, SO)
    (9, 5, 4)
    RCUAI (Primary Calm)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Nocap View Post
    Sure there is.
    Same as we can reference both Ni and Ne at the same time by saying N, we can reference both Extroverted Feeling and Extroverted Thinking at once by using Je.
    It's handy for parsing out extraneous information and focusing on just one, but still showing the relationship between the selected subject and either/both of its pairing functions.
    These terms are beyond useful, they're crucial.
    But they don't exist per se. So I guess in a cosmic sense you're right.

As easy as it is to read online statements by famous authors, I have to insist that you don't rely on them, but instead make a trip down to your local book store, read the books, and promptly replace it back on the shelf after having finished.

There's no reason to pay for knowledge, but it's equally inexcusable to go uneducated.

Mmk, if that's what he meant by Je, fair. I just hadn't seen it before. My mistake.

Yeah I guess I do need to read up on Thomson's stuff; I've only just recently found out about her and read the wiki on her.

I live in Georgia though; book stores are illegal here.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Ne is like a mischevious clever puppy running around the living room. It rolls on the carpet and then peeks under the rug to grab a toy. Then it drops that toy and pokes its head into the basket to find some other toy. It takes it out shakes it, chews, and throws it in the air, then pokes its whole body under the rug, sure to find more toys where the first were. What's next the puppy asks?

looking, looking, looking, constantly connecting and recreating, then looking more...mischief personified.

I answered this already. This is Ne

MBTI
    STP

Ne is natural relationships, Ni is calculated realationships

Ne is what allows engineering to be done.
    Ni is what is created with reverse engineering.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by happy puppy View Post
    Ne is like a mischevious clever puppy running around the living room. It rolls on the carpet and then peeks under the rug to grab a toy. Then it drops that toy and pokes its head into the basket to find some other toy. It takes it out shakes it, chews, and throws it in the air, then pokes its whole body under the rug, sure to find more toys where the first were. What's next the puppy asks?

looking, looking, looking, constantly connecting and recreating, then looking more...mischief personified.
    And that definition is written with Si. Its the visual respresentation with all the glorious detail

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    I live in Georgia though; book stores are illegal here.
    Like I said, going uneducated is inexcusable.

On the other hand, for an abridged, but still more lengthy and in greater detail than those definitions you'd posted, I have a resource posted not too long ago on the matter.

Search the P and J muddling.

I've been meaning to finish it up, but it's still good information.
    we fukin won boys

Quote Originally Posted by happy puppy View Post

hehe

Actually when I was on the train the other day I was noticing this. When given no other thing to be interested in, I will have studied everything in the carriage by the end of the trip. People and signs, the grates on the roof for the air conditioning, the cameras and their coverage, hehe. All this information might be useful for something, but it is just out of interest. I think our gift in this area is being bored easily, so seeking new stuff to learn and study.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Ne for me is:

seeing connection between information and time
    seeing connection between information and power
    seeing connection between information and reality
    google
    seeing how reality works and create information models, and test it again back again in reality
    constant search for information and its reationship iwith the real world
    develop abstract ideas and storing them in head, using them when opportunitty arises
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.