User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

Default Why are NTs rationalists ?

I will be a devils advocete here.

In the case someone accuses you as a NT that you are not rationalist in the core, how would you defend your position(s) ? Which arguments would you use?

How would you defend the claim that domination of N and T creates something that we can rational or the most rational combination?

Beats me, I do lots of stupid, irrational things.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I will be a devils advocete here.

In the case someone accuses you as a NT that you are not rationalist in the core, how would you defend your position(s) ? Which arguments would you use?

How would you defend the claim that domination of N and T creates something that we can rational or the most rational combination?
    I'd first ask them why they believed that to be so and would then attempt to disprove them point by point.

it just frigging stupid. rationality is a stage of development and not a very high one. it doesn't come earlier to thinking types.

young males who think they are the cream of the crop because they can tell (i could tell in kindergarten) that god is not a man with a white beard and "therefore does not exist" (that never made any sense) are not even rational, just have a short attention span and make up for it with arrogance.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Well, first of all I dont need to defend my position, once I made up my mind. Thats rational in itself.

And secondly I never make up my mind.

And thirdly, is it actually called thirdly ?

But fourthly, if someone would call me being not rational, most of the times it is myself. Nevertheless if it would do another person, I would lay out, why I did it in the most rational way, so I am really constantly capable of rationalizing my surroundings, not depending how irrational the nature is.

And fifthly, if still someone asks: why are you irrational ? And I would have no response, I would say: because I liked to be

---------

I guess in the end, being someone who constantly tries to keep track of how things work and how a leads to c and leads back to b, you develop a constant need to rationalize. I couldnt imagine life without it. I even rationalized things, when being in kindergarten, after I played a horrible joke on someone.

I guess in the end, its pretty much about your own rationality and common rationality. If you feel that you have not acted rationally, you either did bruise your own concept of rationality or common rationality.

To some common rationality is wrong and to someone their own rationality still is in need of developing. They can do that or leave it. To me acting on impulse or following an emotion nearly lead to insanity. I need to understand what I am doing, why I am doing it and where it leads to, to fuel the very foundation I am made of, to feel at peace with my own heart.

Maybe its high moral standards playing into it aswell, concerning myself, I really dont need to always be right or to explain everything to anyone. But I need a rational explanation to things for myself.

Maybe being an entp makes it more easy in that case, because if I lack an explanation, I just make up one for myself, dont talk about it and fell happy about it . As long as noone is harmed by that, I can live with it
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTJ

1. I am under no illusions whatsoever re: everything I believe/think/feel being 'rational'. If someone accuses me of being irrational over a specific thing, and they have a good reason for thinking as much, I'll definitely consider the possibility of their being right.
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by nanook View Post
    it just frigging stupid. rationality is a stage of development and not a very high one. it doesn't come earlier to thinking types.

young males who think they are the cream of the crop because they can tell (i could tell in kindergarten) that god is not a man with a white beard and "therefore does not exist" (that never made any sense) are not even rational, just have a short attention span and make up for it with arrogance.
    If only so many religious people didn't actually think that, we wouldn't have to repeatedly explain how stupid it is.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

if only anyone would have a look at how the human mind works, they would realize that its not ever explanation (as in "arguing on youtube") that elevates people to higher stages (or the lack of it, that causes regression).

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

I'm a rationalist cuz "deez nutz" said so. He's on the corner of Fletcher and 56th

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I wouldn't really care. Everybody has the right to think whatever they want. This topic is too boring to argue about.