• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] What is it with you guys?

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
Seriously? First of all you totally turn on my "irrational" switch, so my instinctual reactions to all NTs are not rational. Female NTs either bother the crap out of me (usually because they look at me like I'm a bug) or I <3 them and we are good friends. Male NTs...well, I'm either so bored I want to bash my head on something or... :wubbie:.

w.t.f? Can't I have a normal reaction to you people? And, why do I keep responding like that? I'm just getting a little weirded out. I've had the fortune of coming across a few NTs guys recently (I guess you all gravitate toward teaching) so I've gotten to see how I respond.

And, are you guys (the males, especially the I ones) genuine?

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Male NTs...well, I'm either so bored I want to bash my head on something or... :wubbie:.

Boring: NTJ. Wubbie: NTP

Amirite?

w.t.f? Can't I have a normal reaction to you people? And, why do I keep responding like that?

See above.

Yes. I really am this weird IRL.

O

Oberon

Being fake is 1) pointless, and 2) way too much work.

Our minds are too occupied with other stuff to keep track of an extended pretense... so yeah, that's really us you're seeing, strange as that may be.

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP

Nope.

It's a little known fact that all NT men are allergic to genuine people.
So don't even try being genuine around them, they'll start breaking out in hives.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Nope.

So don't even try being genuine around them, they'll start breaking out in hives.

Damnit, your not supposed to tell! Now they know our weakness!

norepinephrine

MBTI Type
INTP
Sorry - truth is, we all suck. And, 'nother truth, we don't care.

Seriously though, what is a rational response? Is it the black or white/love or hate that disturbs you? If so, I'd rather elicite that than "Eh, she's okay."

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
Boring: NTJ. Wubbie: NTP

Amirite?

See above.

Yes. I really am this weird IRL.

not neccessarily (there's not spell checker on this computer, I'm so sorry for that)

What? huh?

oooook.

haha! I think I knew that already. :D

Being fake is 1) pointless, and 2) way too much work.

Our minds are too occupied with other stuff to keep track of an extended pretense... so yeah, that's really us you're seeing, strange as that may be.
Nope.

Don't those two dissagree with each other? :huh:

Seriously though, what is a rational response? Is it the black or white/love or hate that disturbs you? If so, I'd rather elicite that than "Eh, she's okay."

Eh, that sorta makes sense.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
not neccessarily (there's not spell checker on this computer, I'm so sorry for that)

What? huh?

oooook.

No need to be afraid to tell the truth. NTJs don't have feelings that can be hurt.

haha! I think I knew that already. :D

Stalker!

Don't those two dissagree with each other? :huh:

Yes they do. Disregard Schnitzel's remark. It is false. Definitely not true. Infact, I wouldn't even try it. That would be a bad idea. Yes. Bad idea.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4

Honestly though, I'm a lot more introverted in real life (duh). Well, its not so much real life that's the qualifier, but new groups. It takes me a long while before I 'warm up' to a group. I lurked for a long while before posting, and when I did finally post, it wasn't very much, and I was more serious. Now though, I'm spamming random crap all over the forums.

So I genuine, but at the same time, my forum persona isn't representative of what I would be like if you randomly met me out there in the world at first.

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
No need to be afraid to tell the truth. NTJs don't have feelings that can be hurt.

Stalker!

Yes they do. Disregard Schnitzel's remark. It is false. Definitely not true. Infact, I wouldn't even try it. That would be a bad idea. Yes. Bad idea.

It's my experience that an ntj with a little bit of F developement and a few social skills is absolutely fantastic. I want to tackle-hug them. And when I say things like "I felt like smashing my head on the desk" and they think I'm joking it's adorable.

hehe, people usually don't notice. I'm *very* good at hiding in shrubs and behind cars and such.

Ok, schnitzel has been duely disregarded. Besides, I'm nearly always genuine- it's almost compulsory.

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Seriously? First of all you totally turn on my "irrational" switch, so my instinctual reactions to all NTs are not rational. Female NTs either bother the crap out of me (usually because they look at me like I'm a bug) or I <3 them and we are good friends. Male NTs...well, I'm either so bored I want to bash my head on something or... :wubbie:.

w.t.f? Can't I have a normal reaction to you people? And, why do I keep responding like that? I'm just getting a little weirded out.

(I have the same love-hate reaction with ExTPs and ExFJs. :) )

What particular qualities of these NT individuals frustrate you? Or cause adoration? Perhaps if you analyze the factors that provokes this strong reaction, then you'll understand how these specific external forces influence your responses.

As someone who has tertiary Fi, being genuine is fairly important to me. I don't expect others to shape their decisions by this value, but I certainly expect it from myself

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
(I have the same love-hate reaction with ExTPs and ExFJs. :) )

What particular qualities of these NT individuals frustrate you? Or cause adoration? Perhaps if you analyze the factors that provokes this strong reaction, then you'll understand how these specific external forces influence your responses.

As someone who has tertiary Fi, being genuine is fairly important to me. I don't expect others to shape their decisions by this value, but I certainly expect it from myself

With the women, I don't know. Some seem icy and condescending to me. I feel like *they* believe I'm at a disadvantage because of being me. The ones who aren't...they're smart and confident, they're willing to share what they know with me and they don't "shut off" if I end up flipping out (i.e. crying) in front of them. That sense of differentness without the icy condescension makes me want to be around them and absorb some of their composure.

The guys, have you ever seen a dog in the dark and you see the reflection in it's eyes and get nothing? yeah, it's kind of like that. I knew this one nt guy that apparently had a big thing for me. in three months I didn't have a clue until he asked me to be his girlfriend. He was nearly 30 for godsake. He could have phoned first. most of the guys I like are smart and willing to share it, and confident, and a bit ironic, and they seem to find me bemusing rather than annoying.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sorry - truth is, we all suck. And, 'nother truth, we don't care.

Mediocre is worse than terrible, because terrible is at least memorable. Mediocre is boring. And please, for the love of God, be anything but boring.

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
ok, my attention span got the better of me and I forgot to finish the thought. I am also Fi.

The point with the guy (which I think seemed off topic) was that he bored me to death and seemed to express no emotion but somehow expected me to respond to unexpressed emotion. Anyway, I've come across these guys who seem kind of blank like that, and it doesn't change, and I'm like "huh? Can I leave now?"

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
And please, for the love of God, be anything but boring.

Very very true. The only problem is that the definition of boring varies depending on the person and life stage.

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Some seem icy and condescending to me. I feel like *they* believe I'm at a disadvantage because of being me. The ones who aren't...they're smart and confident, they're willing to share what they know with me and they don't "shut off" if I end up flipping out (i.e. crying) in front of them. That sense of differentness without the icy condescension makes me want to be around them and absorb some of their composure.

The guys, have you ever seen a dog in the dark and you see the reflection in it's eyes and get nothing? yeah, it's kind of like that. I knew this one nt guy that apparently had a big thing for me. in three months I didn't have a clue until he asked me to be his girlfriend. He was nearly 30 for godsake. He could have phoned first. most of the guys I like are smart and willing to share it, and confident, and a bit ironic, and they seem to find me bemusing rather than annoying.

Is it the tone of their voice? How they respond to you? And are their responses to you any different than to anyone else? Under what circumstances do they appear "icy and condescending"?

It sounds like these individuals (from your description) do not appreciate those who wear their heart on their sleeves. If this is the case, then you have three options - mix as needed:

a.) Take the time to learn why they are unreceptive to your personality. Then observe the people they respond well to and see if you can adopt any behavior/attitudes from them. Don't forget to openly communicate with the NT about your problems. Depending on the NT and your relationship with them, he/she may be willing to work out a compromise.

b.) Reserve your 'flipping' out episodes to those who are more accepting. It can save both parties some grief.

c.) Limit your interactions with them. Only speak to them when necessary.

=============================================

In response to the inexpressive NTs:

Many NTs don't need to articulate how they feel to get their point across. They operate from a non-personal point of view and hence, choose their facial expressions, body language, tone and words to meet this accordingly. It causes them to appear unemotional and they may also expect others to operate the same way in return. An NT can have a wide range of emotions, but choose not to share it, analyze it or in some cases, acknowledge it altogether since this lies beyond their area of focus.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Is it the tone of their voice? How they respond to you? And are their responses to you any different than to anyone else? Under what circumstances do they appear "icy and condescending"?

It sounds like these individuals (from your description) do not appreciate those who wear their heart on their sleeves. If this is the case, then you have three options - mix as needed:

a.) Take the time to learn why they are unreceptive to your personality. Then observe the people they respond well to and see if you can adopt any behavior/attitudes from them. Don't forget to openly communicate with the NT about your problems. Depending on the NT and your relationship with them, he/she may be willing to work out a compromise.

b.) Reserve your 'flipping' out episodes to those who are more accepting. It can save both parties some grief.

Many NTs don't need to articulate how they feel to get their point across. They operate from a non-personal point of view and hence, choose their facial expressions, body language, tone and words to meet this accordingly. It causes them to appear unemotional and they may also expect others to operate the same way in return. An NT can have a wide range of emotions, but choose not to share it, analyze it or in some cases, acknowledge it altogether since this lies beyond their area of focus.

Hello nightwing. :jew:

I see you start posting here rather than in similarminds.

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Hello nightwing. :jew:

I see you start posting here rather than in similarminds.

Indeed it is. :D I've also registered at every single active MBTI forum on the webs.

Rad? Foodlord? KNL? Your writing doesn't strike any familiarity.

Message sent via PM as to keep the thread on topic. :yes:

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx

They seem to like people that "get things done"

I try to stay composed around them.

I also try not to bother them too much by being around them (the girls who I can't make friends with)

They generally feel icy when I'm expressing my opinion and/or when we dissagree and/or when I say I have/haven't done something they feel is neccessary to be a successful person. It's STJ women that have the woste but I get it with NT women too. Like, that you're-a-complete-idiot look that makes me want to prove how emotional I am by attacking them...

Right, anyway.

The rest of the post I sort of registered intellectually, but I think you need to explain it better because I kind of went ooooh, yeaaahhh......whaaa?
:blush: