First 12

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by briochick View Post
    Seriously? First of all you totally turn on my "irrational" switch, so my instinctual reactions to all NTs are not rational. Female NTs either bother the crap out of me (usually because they look at me like I'm a bug) or I <3 them and we are good friends. Male NTs...well, I'm either so bored I want to bash my head on something or... .

w.t.f? Can't I have a normal reaction to you people? And, why do I keep responding like that? I'm just getting a little weirded out.

And, are you guys (the males, especially the I ones) genuine?
    (I have the same love-hate reaction with ExTPs and ExFJs. )

What particular qualities of these NT individuals frustrate you? Or cause adoration? Perhaps if you analyze the factors that provokes this strong reaction, then you'll understand how these specific external forces influence your responses.

As someone who has tertiary Fi, being genuine is fairly important to me. I don't expect others to shape their decisions by this value, but I certainly expect it from myself
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    ;) sx
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Lethe View Post
    (I have the same love-hate reaction with ExTPs and ExFJs. )

What particular qualities of these NT individuals frustrate you? Or cause adoration? Perhaps if you analyze the factors that provokes this strong reaction, then you'll understand how these specific external forces influence your responses.

As someone who has tertiary Fi, being genuine is fairly important to me. I don't expect others to shape their decisions by this value, but I certainly expect it from myself
    With the women, I don't know. Some seem icy and condescending to me. I feel like *they* believe I'm at a disadvantage because of being me. The ones who aren't...they're smart and confident, they're willing to share what they know with me and they don't "shut off" if I end up flipping out (i.e. crying) in front of them. That sense of differentness without the icy condescension makes me want to be around them and absorb some of their composure.

The guys, have you ever seen a dog in the dark and you see the reflection in it's eyes and get nothing? yeah, it's kind of like that. I knew this one nt guy that apparently had a big thing for me. in three months I didn't have a clue until he asked me to be his girlfriend. He was nearly 30 for godsake. He could have phoned first. most of the guys I like are smart and willing to share it, and confident, and a bit ironic, and they seem to find me bemusing rather than annoying.
    -Brio

"I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life; I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well."
    -Teddy Roosevelt

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by norepinephrine View Post
    Sorry - truth is, we all suck. And, 'nother truth, we don't care.

Seriously though, what is a rational response? Is it the black or white/love or hate that disturbs you? If so, I'd rather elicite that than "Eh, she's okay."
    Mediocre is worse than terrible, because terrible is at least memorable. Mediocre is boring. And please, for the love of God, be anything but boring.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    ;) sx
    Socionics
    ENFp

ok, my attention span got the better of me and I forgot to finish the thought. I am also Fi.

The point with the guy (which I think seemed off topic) was that he bored me to death and seemed to express no emotion but somehow expected me to respond to unexpressed emotion. Anyway, I've come across these guys who seem kind of blank like that, and it doesn't change, and I'm like "huh? Can I leave now?"
    -Brio

"I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life; I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well."
    -Teddy Roosevelt

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    ;) sx
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    And please, for the love of God, be anything but boring.
    Very very true. The only problem is that the definition of boring varies depending on the person and life stage.
    -Brio

-Teddy Roosevelt

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by briochick View Post
    Some seem icy and condescending to me. I feel like *they* believe I'm at a disadvantage because of being me. The ones who aren't...they're smart and confident, they're willing to share what they know with me and they don't "shut off" if I end up flipping out (i.e. crying) in front of them. That sense of differentness without the icy condescension makes me want to be around them and absorb some of their composure.

The guys, have you ever seen a dog in the dark and you see the reflection in it's eyes and get nothing? yeah, it's kind of like that. I knew this one nt guy that apparently had a big thing for me. in three months I didn't have a clue until he asked me to be his girlfriend. He was nearly 30 for godsake. He could have phoned first. most of the guys I like are smart and willing to share it, and confident, and a bit ironic, and they seem to find me bemusing rather than annoying.
    Is it the tone of their voice? How they respond to you? And are their responses to you any different than to anyone else? Under what circumstances do they appear "icy and condescending"?

It sounds like these individuals (from your description) do not appreciate those who wear their heart on their sleeves. If this is the case, then you have three options - mix as needed:

a.) Take the time to learn why they are unreceptive to your personality. Then observe the people they respond well to and see if you can adopt any behavior/attitudes from them. Don't forget to openly communicate with the NT about your problems. Depending on the NT and your relationship with them, he/she may be willing to work out a compromise.

b.) Reserve your 'flipping' out episodes to those who are more accepting. It can save both parties some grief.

c.) Limit your interactions with them. Only speak to them when necessary.

=============================================

In response to the inexpressive NTs:

Many NTs don't need to articulate how they feel to get their point across. They operate from a non-personal point of view and hence, choose their facial expressions, body language, tone and words to meet this accordingly. It causes them to appear unemotional and they may also expect others to operate the same way in return. An NT can have a wide range of emotions, but choose not to share it, analyze it or in some cases, acknowledge it altogether since this lies beyond their area of focus.
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

Is it the tone of their voice? How they respond to you? And are their responses to you any different than to anyone else? Under what circumstances do they appear "icy and condescending"?

It sounds like these individuals (from your description) do not appreciate those who wear their heart on their sleeves. If this is the case, then you have three options - mix as needed:

a.) Take the time to learn why they are unreceptive to your personality. Then observe the people they respond well to and see if you can adopt any behavior/attitudes from them. Don't forget to openly communicate with the NT about your problems. Depending on the NT and your relationship with them, he/she may be willing to work out a compromise.

b.) Reserve your 'flipping' out episodes to those who are more accepting. It can save both parties some grief.

Many NTs don't need to articulate how they feel to get their point across. They operate from a non-personal point of view and hence, choose their facial expressions, body language, tone and words to meet this accordingly. It causes them to appear unemotional and they may also expect others to operate the same way in return. An NT can have a wide range of emotions, but choose not to share it, analyze it or in some cases, acknowledge it altogether since this lies beyond their area of focus.
    Hello nightwing.

I see you start posting here rather than in similarminds.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by untypable View Post
    Hello nightwing.

I see you start posting here rather than in similarminds.
    Indeed it is. I've also registered at every single active MBTI forum on the webs.

Rad? Foodlord? KNL? Your writing doesn't strike any familiarity.

Message sent via PM as to keep the thread on topic.

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    ;) sx
    Socionics
    ENFp

They seem to like people that "get things done"

I try to stay composed around them.

I also try not to bother them too much by being around them (the girls who I can't make friends with)

They generally feel icy when I'm expressing my opinion and/or when we dissagree and/or when I say I have/haven't done something they feel is neccessary to be a successful person. It's STJ women that have the woste but I get it with NT women too. Like, that you're-a-complete-idiot look that makes me want to prove how emotional I am by attacking them...

Right, anyway.

The rest of the post I sort of registered intellectually, but I think you need to explain it better because I kind of went ooooh, yeaaahhh......whaaa?
    -Brio

-Teddy Roosevelt