User Tag List

123 Last

Smile ENTJ, ENTP, INTJ, INTP- LOVE matches made in typology

Can everyone tell me what they think is/are their best match(es) for each of these types?
    ENTJ-
    ENTP-
    INTJ-
    INTP-

NOTE:
    Being a female NT (ENTJ) I have noticed that since I am Thinking, which is a more masculine trait than feeling, my personality creates a fatal attraction to a few different personality types in the dating arena. Before I was hooked on MBTI I used to just think it was people of certain professions. (I dated 7 or so engineers, none of which worked out). So, I started eliminating certain professions from my dating pool, ie.. lawyers, police officers, engineers, contractors.... but then after MTBI I noticed that its not entirely the profession its teh majority of personalities that are attracted to each profession.

SOoooo, I am starting this thread because I think its best to not venture down proven roads that will not work for you try out personality types that have been tested by others to work.

History of what I have dated thus far, several ESTJ's (fatal attraction) , there ENTJ's (fatal attraction at first but almost like being a narcissist when actually staying in relationship because its like dating yourself, haha), ISTP (amazing sexual chemistry but its too hard to talk about the elephant with this person when its not in the room).

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

you select your dates based on profession ?
    o_O

That like, REALLY sad
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

2 INTJ's I know are with ENFJs. Although there seems to be some stress about overscheduling driven by the enfj's.

p.s. I have an engineering degree but contract online now. Would I be datable?

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    you select your dates based on profession ?
    o_O

That like, REALLY sad
    I take it as a factor, at least. We tend to be drawn to careers that allow us to exercise our strengths, so one's career can tell a lot about them. That said, I don't actively go to, say, nursing conventions to meet humanitarians, nor do I drop someone just because of their profession.

It's not just the career, however.. everything about a person has the potential to say a lot more about them.

My recommendation: try something different. Introverted feelers have worked pretty well for me; in particular, INFP.

MBTI
    iNtJ

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Although there seems to be some stress about overscheduling driven by the enfj's.
    Yeah, they do that.

Aaand I agree with greed on the INFP thing. NFs and NTs are good for each other. Usually.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

According to some theories I've read- EDIT: THIS ARE ALL BASED ON THEORY, NOT MY OPINION!

ENTJ- INFP, ESFP, ISTP
    ENTP- INFJ, ESFJ, INTJ
    INTJ- ENFP, ISFP, ENTP
    INTP- ESTJ, ENTJ, ISFJ

The theories are this- You get the reciprocal of your dominant function (Ti dom gets with Te dom for example), you keep E/I and swap everything else around, or you keep S/N and you swap everything else around.
    Last edited by BlackCat; 03-05-2009 at 09:32 AM.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENTP

id rather not date a nf
    She talks pretty but says mean things

MBTI
    eNTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    LIE

Honestly, I would say don't find a mate based on typology. I think it's best not to know your lover's type, otherwise you'll forever be trying to predict and analyze their feelings, motivations, etc., and that will override you getting to know who they really are as an individual, independent from type.

What I've learned is to just love the person for who they are...not who they have the potential to be because they're a certain type. Otherwise you'll just constantly be comparing and contrasting the differences and similarities of both your types and that's no way to find love; it'll just slowly cause a chasm to open between the both of you in your mind. I think this is especially true of NTJ types because we can't help analyzing and rationalizing to death. You'll just intuitively know and feel if someone is right for you.

"I have no need for good souls; an accomplice is what I want"--Sartre

psychic changes are born in your heart, entertain.

Blog
    Likes Mole, sculpting, Xander liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP

uhhh. yeah but once you see how the person and the people youve been with, you notice the pattern. whether or not i knew about typology i just cant be with someone who uses their emotions over their thinking skills. theres just certain things and characteristic traits that people are drawn to and for the most part, that reflect in types.
    She talks pretty but says mean things

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    2 INTJ's I know are with ENFJs. Although there seems to be some stress about overscheduling driven by the enfj's.

I'd agree with this. The over scheduling isn't frequent though.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.