• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ENTJ, ENTP, INTJ, INTP- LOVE matches made in typology

mykeenblade

Uhm, excuse me, but OP said they were older, and eight, at the least, is hardly "every person on the planet". Maybe OP is simply more open to trying things out. Myself, I don't like "dating" and have only ever had two serious relationships that naturally evolved from acquaintances. One that I can't quite type, INFJ???? Maybe? He was so poorly developed, I can't be sure. Anyway, the second is a lovely INTJ. I'm an ENTP and have, in studying type theory, determined that this is the ideal type for me. This does not mean that all INTJs are attractive, (I know one who is a brother-friend) or that no other type is attractive. I merely determined that INTJs are more likely than another type to be a good relationship choice, provided that the bits of them that exist outside type theory are also compatible. If incompatible, I would predict explosions.

Anyway, I think type theory is as applicable to romantic relationships as it is to anything else- that is, it is relevant, but nothing to base the entirely of your decisions on.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
so you think ENFJs and INFPs are not well matched with thinking types?

also, i think most INTPs would never ever in a million years date an ESTJ. spectacularly incompatible match.

These are only theoretical "best" matches. In actuality, people shouldn't be limiting themselves to certain types to begin with, and should only use typology to know how to best understand somebody they're already interested in.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't subscribe to the idea of limiting one's partners to a specific type, EXCEPT... I've only dated extroverts in the past, and in every instance, we ended up driving each other crazy. Granted, I've only been in three relationships, but it just wasn't a good combination. I know other people thrive on the introvert/extrovert dynamic, but it doesn't seem to work for me. I've found that the people I get along best with are the ones who are more like me — that is, quiet, introspective, and relatively low energy. Being around extroverts for too long leaves me mentally and emotionally exhausted.

I will say that in my experience, I've gotten along very well with INFPs, INFJs, INTPs, and even ISTJs... provided they're not too close-minded. I really like ENTPs, but their intensity combined with their extroversion wears me out.

I would probably get on well with other INTJs, but I don't know any.

rav3n

Married to an ISTJ for ten years. Bored the crap out of me.
Had a short-term relationship with an ENTP that went from a lot of crazy fun to a hellish nightmare, in the space of a couple of months.
INTPs for me thanks. My SO is one. Low drama, independent, interesting and lots of fun. Great lovers too.

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I need some E, from there I'm pretty open-- my favorites are probably ESTP, ENTP and ENFJ.

Introverts make great friends, but I need more challenge and action from a SO. More than anything though, emotional and spiritual health leads the way.

I am INfj for the record.

Raffaella

bon vivant
I found INTPs are surprisingly very physically affectionate, you have to preen them off you. It's adorable sometimes; ISFJs seem to love their infantile Fe most (whilst pretending to be nonchalant).

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I found INTPs are surprisingly very physically affectionate, you have to preen them off you. It's adorable sometimes
I've noticed this myself with my SO of this type.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Apparently ENTP are crossed off the list as long term partners. Guess it makes sense I'm most drawn to ENTP women, as rare as they are.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For INTPs, imo the best matches would be ENFJ and INTJ. INFX either e1 or e9, also. E4 = trouble.

baccheion

I've noticed this myself with my SO of this type.

Yes, I notice I'm also like this. Doing things for someone I'm interested in and touching (kissing, I don't know, but touching, squeezing, etc I'd do a lot) come naturally. It's (frequent) verbal affirmation and regular gift-giving that's not natural and difficult to start doing.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Is your SO's idea of romance more conventional, too?
Not really. It is unconventional, in an unconventional way, if that makes any sense.

lulabelle

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For INTPs, imo the best matches would be ENFJ and INTJ. INFX either e1 or e9, also. E4 = trouble.

E4 = trouble for every type, apparently :/

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
E4 = trouble for every type, apparently :/
:hug: INTJs seem to love them. I actually admire many 4s, but there's often a good dose of miscommunication and drama if I get too close.

lulabelle

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:hug: INTJs seem to love them. I actually admire many 4s, but there's often a good dose of miscommunication and drama if I get too close.

hmm. INFP 4w5 is a different story, apparently. i wouldn't say that INTJs 'love' us, in fact, i've read a lot of criticism by them of my type + enneagram. i've rarely read anything positive. i suppose ENFP E4s or INFP 4s with a different wing are regarded pretty well/better

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
never mind.

sigh.

Hopeless romantic INTJ alert.

- - - - - -
I’d fell in love with an ENTP.
I knew him before, almost hated him, he was the last thing on my mind.
And look at me now, there’s some magic in those NFs.

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ

Hopeless romantic INTJ alert.

- - - - - -
I’d fell in love with an ENTP.
I knew him before, almost hated him, he was the last thing on my mind.
And look at me now, there’s some magic in those NFs.

You two must of been like Mr. and Mrs. Smith as an ENTP and ENTJ - see following video for comic relief.

P.s. I'm an ENTJ.

So Post ENTP seems like your new match is an ENFJ or an NF type?

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
You two must of been like Mr. and Mrs. Smith as an ENTP and ENTJ - see following video for comic relief.

P.s. I'm an ENTJ.

So Post ENTP seems like your new match is an ENFJ or an NF type?

Yeah true story, but it’s physically less violent.
In my head INTJ = ENTJ, ENTP = ENFP
I haven figured out our types 100% accurate yet.