User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Uhm, excuse me, but OP said they were older, and eight, at the least, is hardly "every person on the planet". Maybe OP is simply more open to trying things out. Myself, I don't like "dating" and have only ever had two serious relationships that naturally evolved from acquaintances. One that I can't quite type, INFJ???? Maybe? He was so poorly developed, I can't be sure. Anyway, the second is a lovely INTJ. I'm an ENTP and have, in studying type theory, determined that this is the ideal type for me. This does not mean that all INTJs are attractive, (I know one who is a brother-friend) or that no other type is attractive. I merely determined that INTJs are more likely than another type to be a good relationship choice, provided that the bits of them that exist outside type theory are also compatible. If incompatible, I would predict explosions.

Anyway, I think type theory is as applicable to romantic relationships as it is to anything else- that is, it is relevant, but nothing to base the entirely of your decisions on.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by lulabelle View Post
    so you think ENFJs and INFPs are not well matched with thinking types?

also, i think most INTPs would never ever in a million years date an ESTJ. spectacularly incompatible match.
    These are only theoretical "best" matches. In actuality, people shouldn't be limiting themselves to certain types to begin with, and should only use typology to know how to best understand somebody they're already interested in.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

I don't subscribe to the idea of limiting one's partners to a specific type, EXCEPT... I've only dated extroverts in the past, and in every instance, we ended up driving each other crazy. Granted, I've only been in three relationships, but it just wasn't a good combination. I know other people thrive on the introvert/extrovert dynamic, but it doesn't seem to work for me. I've found that the people I get along best with are the ones who are more like me — that is, quiet, introspective, and relatively low energy. Being around extroverts for too long leaves me mentally and emotionally exhausted.

I will say that in my experience, I've gotten along very well with INFPs, INFJs, INTPs, and even ISTJs... provided they're not too close-minded. I really like ENTPs, but their intensity combined with their extroversion wears me out.

I would probably get on well with other INTJs, but I don't know any.
    Likes lulabelle liked this post

Married to an ISTJ for ten years. Bored the crap out of me.
    Had a short-term relationship with an ENTP that went from a lot of crazy fun to a hellish nightmare, in the space of a couple of months.
    INTPs for me thanks. My SO is one. Low drama, independent, interesting and lots of fun. Great lovers too.

Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

I need some E, from there I'm pretty open-- my favorites are probably ESTP, ENTP and ENFJ.

Introverts make great friends, but I need more challenge and action from a SO. More than anything though, emotional and spiritual health leads the way.

I am INfj for the record.
    Find my Enneagram writing here. Also, I'd love for you to take my six question Enneagram surveyEnneagram survey!✨

Glamour puss with a tan Raffaella's Avatar

I found INTPs are surprisingly very physically affectionate, you have to preen them off you. It's adorable sometimes; ISFJs seem to love their infantile Fe most (whilst pretending to be nonchalant).
    Likes Rasofy, Evastover liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Deceptive View Post
    I found INTPs are surprisingly very physically affectionate, you have to preen them off you. It's adorable sometimes
    I've noticed this myself with my SO of this type.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Glamour puss with a tan Raffaella's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I've noticed this myself with my SO of this type.
    Is your SO's idea of romance more conventional, too?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Apparently ENTP are crossed off the list as long term partners. Guess it makes sense I'm most drawn to ENTP women, as rare as they are.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

For INTPs, imo the best matches would be ENFJ and INTJ. INFX either e1 or e9, also. E4 = trouble.