User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Love matches in typology are utter bullshit. Don't go after a certain type that supposedly matches you, go after a person that you connect to at a deeper level and get along with. There is too much variation in type and the interests/hobbies of people within a type to have a solid basis for matching them to other types (basically it is non-scientific). People attract people, not types attract types.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Didums View Post
    Love matches in typology are utter bullshit. Don't go after a certain type that supposedly matches you, go after a person that you connect to at a deeper level and get along with. There is too much variation in type and the interests/hobbies of people within a type to have a solid basis for matching them to other types (basically it is non-scientific). People attract people, not types attract types.
    If only people could understand that. Agree x infinity. The "match" is between two people, not two types. Although some of the relationships seem like they would make sense in how they work out, it isn't anything to guide yourself by in finding a SO.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

ENTP- INFJ, ESFJ, INTJ
    WARNING WARNING!! Uhhh an ENTP and ESFJ? Maybe if you wanna create a reality show where you try to catch a man in the act of killing his wife!
    Honestly, I would say don't find a mate based on typology. I think it's best not to know your lover's type, otherwise you'll forever be trying to predict and analyze their feelings, motivations, etc., and that will override you getting to know who they really are as an individual, independent from type.

What I've learned is to just love the person for who they are...not who they have the potential to be because they're a certain type. Otherwise you'll just constantly be comparing and contrasting the differences and similarities of both your types and that's no way to find love; it'll just slowly cause a chasm to open between the both of you in your mind. I think this is especially true of NTJ types because we can't help analyzing and rationalizing to death. You'll just intuitively know and feel if someone is right for you.
    This has so much to do with age and an understanding of self that I totally disagree with it as a broad statement. For many types our shadows seems amazing at first but they aren't. While I don't think dating based on MBTI tells a whole story I think it does give some pretty good ideas and I would tend to try and seek out types you know you're most inclined to be compatible with.

I DO NOT think Sensors and iNtuitives mix well together, I just don't think it's a design that allows both to truly be who they are and thrive. It of course can work, I just don't think it's an ideal match.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

NJ's for me, thanks
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”
    Likes Obsidius liked this post

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Didums View Post
    Well said.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    If only people could understand that. Agree x infinity. The "match" is between two people, not two types. Although some of the relationships seem like they would make sense in how they work out, it isn't anything to guide yourself by in finding a SO.
    You're making a distinction where I don't know that there is one. As "two people" you take a test that gives you some idea of the "type" of person you are. If there was a dating test with questions such as "I will cheat often" two people could take it and rule out "types" that we less than ideal for them with great accuracy.

My point is simply that some types mix very poorly and well other things like upbringing come into play as a general rule you can conclude types that are more inclined to understand you and how you work and from there things are much easier.

I have dated many SJs and most of my energy is spent converting my digital data to their analog format, it's such a waste for an NT to do this in a relationship, spend effort on something that will never just be understood.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I never said ESFJ-ENTP would work Tuscon, I was simply referring to a theory I had read. I personally think it would be a recipe for disaster.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Well said.

of course all the F's agree with that.
    She talks pretty but says mean things

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mitzy View Post
    of course all the F's agree with that.