• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] How to seduce an INTP...

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
+1.

I don't trust the relaxed feeling that people have when they drink. I want to speak to you sober, if I am interested in you. It's nice to know that INTPs feel the same, for the most part.

INTPs agree? As if! :alttongue: On a more serious note. I'd say YOU'd get a 'beer/wine/coke and if you've scored extra points maybe even a cocktail.' See, I don't say you've got to get drunk, I've added coke to the list. I'm just saying that hardly anybody drinks coffee when they go out at night.

Also, if you judge me for what I drink you'll probably be an uninteresting person to me, and you'd miss out on a chance to meet some great new people.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
INTPs agree? As if! :alttongue: On a more serious note. I'd say YOU'd get a 'beer/wine/coke and if you've scored extra points maybe even a cocktail.' See, I don't say you've got to get drunk, I've added coke to the list. I'm just saying that hardly anybody drinks coffee when they go out at night.

Also, if you judge me for what I drink you'll probably be an uninteresting person to me, and you'd miss out on a chance to meet some great new people.

Hardly anyone of a certain age, you mean... I don't care what you drink, and I also drink, but what I'm saying is that when I am first meeting someone, I would prefer for both of us to be sober - especially INTPs. When you guys drink, you become very annoying.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Hardly anyone of a certain age, you mean... I don't care what you drink, and I also drink, but what I'm saying is that when I am first meeting someone, I would prefer for both of us to be sober - especially INTPs. When you guys drink, you become very annoying.

I've always thought we become like ENTPs...

I cringe just thinking about it.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I've always thought we become like ENTPs...

I cringe just thinking about it.

Ha! You wish!!! ENTPs are annoying at times, I'll give you that, but at least we have practice at socialization. When you guys drink, you let loose with the dumbest characteristics and just talk over everyone and laugh at your own jokes. It's fucking tragic. It's like partying with a 12 year old who stole a bottle of Boones. No offense.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Ha! You wish!!! ENTPs are annoying at times, I'll give you that, but at least we have practice at socialization. When you guys drink, you let loose with the dumbest characteristics and just talk over everyone and laugh at your own jokes. It's fucking tragic. It's like partying with a 12 year old who stole a bottle of Boones. No offense.

Oh damn! I laugh at my own jokes when I'm sober :(

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Oh damn! I laugh at my own jokes when I'm sober :(

:whistling:

I'm just saying, a beer or two is fine but please, know what you look like to us. And also, that "fake entp" vibe you got going on is all a ruse and it won't take long to figure that out.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY

Pss, like I said somewhere, sometime, in some thread on this forum before. Nobody is funny if he or she is drunk. On the other hand, after drinking a couple of beers I'm definitely at my funniest, I have way more incentive to talk to strangers, and I don't over-analyse things as much. Also, other people are more interesting when I've had a bit to drink.

Not an excuse to get drunk, I know. But I'd definitely prefer a beer over a coffee when I go out at night.

:whistling:

I'm just saying, a beer or two is fine but please, know what you look like to us. And also, that "fake entp" vibe you got going on is all a ruse and it won't take long to figure that out.

Explain the concept of a "fake entp vibe"! You're not entitled to be the only NTP type to have fun and be outgoing you know!

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
+1.

I don't trust the relaxed feeling that people have when they drink. I want to speak to you sober, if I am interested in you. It's nice to know that INTPs feel the same, for the most part.

Me, too. I hate talking to drunk strangers unless it's for comic value, and that wears off after a few minutes. And if I'm interested in you, I want to know what you're like, not what you're like after a buttload of drinks, when you think you're charming.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Me, too. I hate talking to drunk strangers unless it's for comic value, and that wears off after a few minutes. And if I'm interested in you, I want to know what you're like, not what you're like after a buttload of drinks, when you think you're charming.

Whooooer YOU to say I'm not *hic* charming! *pratfall*

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Explain the concept of a "fake entp vibe"! You're not entitled to be the only NTP type to have fun and be outgoing you know!

I don't care if you have fun drinking, but like Jock said, there is a tendency for INTPs to think they are behaving like ENTPs and that's simply not the case. You are behaving like drunk INTPs. Nerdy and cute and annoying, not loud and belligerent and arrogant and damn sexy like us :smile:. And you're right, we don't have the market cornered on fun.

Tallulah said it best, of course.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For us INTP's.
If Ne is a car, Ti is the steering wheel. We always apply a form of control on our Ne.

For ENTP's, Ne is their car, but no one is steering it, Ti is their break. And sometimes the break wears out.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
For us INTP's.
If Ne is a car, Ti is the steering wheel. We always apply a form of control on our Ne.

For ENTP's, Ne is their car, but no one is steering it, Ti is their break. And sometimes the break wears out.

That's a very good analogy.

We have no breaks, you guys lose control of the wheel. Either way, it's gonna be a fun night. I just might not call you afterward.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
I don't care if you have fun drinking, but like Jock said, there is a tendency for INTPs to think they are behaving like ENTPs and that's simply not the case. You are behaving like drunk INTPs. Nerdy and cute and annoying, not loud and belligerent and arrogant and damn sexy like us :smile:. And you're right, we don't have the market cornered on fun.

Tallulah said it best, of course.

Like I said, nobody is funny drunk. ENTP arrogance can be very annoying. Besides, as an INTP I never try to act extroverted. Admittedly I do become a bit more outgoing, but definitely not more loud, self confident or arrogant so I don't think there's a "fake ENTP vibe" going on.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Like I said, nobody is funny drunk. ENTP arrogance can be very annoying. Besides, as an INTP I never try to act extroverted. Admittedly I do become a bit more outgoing, but definitely not more loud, self confident or arrogant so I don't think there's a "fake ENTP vibe" going on.

In the case of being drunk, I disagree. When I'm drunk, all hell breaks loose.

I don't drink anymore and now when I go out, I am much like what you describe in your post though. xD

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
I only drink the blood of my enemies. *quaffles the SP forum*.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I can't even veiw. Strange, there is no such block at Wrong Planet.

You're not missing much. It's the same old conversations about type... do you really need to read more whining?

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Is this thread for real? Seduce an INTP? Don't you just talk to one?