• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] How to seduce an INTP...

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
With all this talk about trying to seduce an INTP... I find myself wondering "If they put up such a fight getting into the sack, surely the sex isn't any good..." eh?

So after all that work of seducing them, you find that you have to start all over again with teaching them how to go from a lover to a LUVAH!

:laugh:

Nah--if the INTP really likes you, passion will not be a problem. :) It's not the physical stuff that makes the INTP fight you off--it's having to hang around with and be responsible to someone that doesn't really float our boats that's the hangup. Relationships take too much energy, and too much time away from our precious thoughts, if the spark or connection isn't there.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For further evidence, if evidence were needed, read the OP's entry in the INTP sex thread. :coffee:

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
I thought the fight was about getting into a relationship, not getting into the sack. :coffee:

The term 'seduce' is a very sexual term that normally implies you aren't trying to get into a relationshp, but rather get into their pants :cheese:

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Nah--if the INTP really likes you, passion will not be a problem. :) It's not the physical stuff that makes the INTP fight you off--it's having to hang around with and be responsible to someone that doesn't really float our boats that's the hangup. Relationships take too much energy, and too much time away from our precious thoughts, if the spark or connection isn't there.

Yeah, if I don't get some charge out of being around the person, I can be pretty immobile and stubborn. Which is probably a good thing, as it prevents me from ending up in a relationship from Hell.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
From what I've noticed in my own observations of INTPs, sack time isn't the problem, it's just demonstrating you're worth their while to begin with. After that it's be sure you can keep up with what ever level their at.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
The term 'seduce' is a very sexual term that normally implies you aren't trying to get into a relationshp, but rather get into their pants :cheese:

Right but your statement was:

With all this talk about trying to seduce an INTP... I find myself wondering "If they put up such a fight getting into the sack, surely the sex isn't any good..." eh?

i.e.: My answer meant, "Maybe they don't put up such a fight to get into the sack!"

Why the use of "seduce" for relationships' sake? Ask the O.P. seeker, who, incidentally, already got the INTP into the sack, just not a relationship.

edit: ooo. seeker was not the O.P.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
gotcha. the thread was a tl;dr and seeker kind of took it over! I only read his part.

Verfremdungseffekt

videodrones; questions
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
I don't know. For me, once I'm hooked it's another mission entirely to lure me into bed.

Which isn't to say I'm typical in this regard. I guess I just have some pretty deep trust issues.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY

So after all that work of seducing them, you find that you have to start all over again with teaching them how to go from a lover to a LUVAH!

:laugh:

I don't know about the rest of the INTP's, but I do foreplay!

Verfremdungseffekt

videodrones; questions
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Maybe all I really need is a cat.

But then I'd have to take care of it. And I'd be relinquishing control over my environment. Ahhhh!

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
^ dude, it should be illegal for INTPs to own cats or dogs, animals that legitimately need attention and often. We should be restricted to Ferrets and turtles for pets.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
^ dude, it should be illegal for INTPs to own cats or dogs, animals that need attention. We should be restricted to Ferrets and turtles for pets.

Oh, no. I adore dogs, and I am an excellent dog mom. :p I would worry about any actual human children I might have, though.

Dogs are so much easier and cooler than people. :smile:

Verfremdungseffekt

videodrones; questions
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
I had this one cat, once, that I adored. I had to let her take him, though. I knew it wouldn't work out, just he and I. He'd wind up neglected, and I'd be driven to distraction. Hair everywhere! No, don't play with that! Be quiet, won't you! Stay still! Argh!

Still. I was the person he was closest to. Toward the end, whenever I visited her place, he would come out of his perpetual hiding to climb up and nuzzle me. He didn't really like anyone else.

Probably isn't the place for this, but what made it really difficult is she pretty much took my entire world with her when she left. I guess it serves me right for leeching off someone else's world in the first place.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
I've had plants twice.
they both died tout de suite!
Forget pets if I can't even handle vegetable life!

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I've had plants twice.

Yeah, but plants are hard. You kinda have to have a knack for it. And plants are boring. Dogs love you back, and they'll remind you to feed them and let them out. Of course, dogs are too "needy" for some INTPs--cats seem to be the INTP pet of choice. They're too standoffish for me, though.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
I've had plants twice.

YES, I AM NOT ALONE!

I prefer cats as well, they are more INTPish. Except they don´t seem to think things through at all.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Yeah, but plants are hard. You kinda have to have a knack for it. And plants are boring. Dogs love you back, and they'll remind you to feed them and let them out. Of course, dogs are too "needy" for some INTPs--cats seem to be the INTP pet of choice. They're too standoffish for me, though.

At least they weren't cacti!

I think the standoffishness is the draw - cats have their own lives, it seems.