• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] How to seduce an INTP...

Chloe

Ladies, gentleman - WTF???!

Auch. :shock::D

well, after first post about the case (before you two had big talk :)) I was like "huh, sorry, she's not into you", ... but after this... ah... well I think you should wait for her, it looks promesing so far.

and she reminds me on me :shock: :shock: mostly that "i dont want to tell you what to do, go date other people if you like!"....

Priam

MBTI Type
INTP
You want a story about an INTP and an ENFP that goes well? Here's one: I meet this woman briefly at a training day for political organizers. She's absolutely the QUEEN of canvassing for politicians and issues, so of course she's organizing afternoon effort to get into the field and do so about a social justice issue that was on the ballot at the time. Needless to say, INTP that I am, I loathe the entire experience. When I get back she's asking around to see how things went, so I give her an earful of my problems with the activity. Seriously: a half an hour, logical speech on why I don't like canvassing. We then go our separate ways.

Three or four months later, guess who steps onto one of the committees I serve on? Guess who can't remember my name and is attributing that story to a completely unrelated soul? Guess who keeps calling me a completely different name? Needless to say: not a great first impression. We basically see one another at the meetings and then disappear from each other's lives. I mean she's passionate and smart, yadda yadda, but really? She can't even get my name right? Obviously not interested in being friends.

Until one night in February of the next year I wander into a local club for a drink and to hang out a bit. There she is... BLASTED out of her mind with some campaign compatriots. We chat for a bit, actually engage in some interesting conversation, and then suddenly she starts leaning on me and swaying to a slow song. Awkward? Yes. Amusing? Yes. But she's drunk, so what does one expect? Little did I know...

The next day she calls me in a completely embarrassed state because she wasn't sure if she had actually made out with me or just thought about it. We laugh it off and start chatting some more over the next week or so, forming a real friendship, when one night I get a call if I could please come join her at a coffeeshop to talk. I spin my car around and meet her there, where she lays out this huge torrid romance she's been having with a guy... to someone she only really met a week ago. Needless to say, I'm fascinated and we talk until 3 in the morning.

Over the next month, as we do more and more of these conversations, it becomes increasingly obvious where this could be heading. We discuss it, decide that we don't wanna do, to use her words, "the Demi Moore/Ashton Kutcher thing". All is hunky-dory, at least from my perspective, until she collapses into my arms at a pool party in May professing her deep love and attraction to me. I do what any self-respecting INTP does in such situations: freak out quietly and run away. I tell her that I'm not interested and will never be, she says she understands and pretty much figured that would be my response.

The following year and a half can be summarized as a repeating loop of the following: I would do something emotionally insensitive, she would get PISSED, we would talk and reconcile what the problem was, everything would be good, she would confess her attraction again, I would duck and cover. Throughout all that time, though, we kept getting closer and closer. By the end of it, people were assuming that we were already married. One day I woke up and realized that I didn't mind the thought as much as I once had. That I was all in and that wouldn't change, whether we were officially dating or not. That I was still completely freaked out . We hung out, we talked, we worked through where I was scared and where I wasn't... and thus our official romantic relationship came to be.

Land sakes but I love her :) It only took two years to make it happen!

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Does she know you posted her pic online?

Verfremdungseffekt

videodrones; questions
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Whenever I see that someone has typed "LOL", I remember how early versions of ICQ would translate that string into an audio sample of someone laughing maniacally. Mentally, I do the same substitution.

Sometimes it works out.

ring the bell

Drumroll please... Hi everybody thanks so much for all of the FANTASTIC insight and feedback! It was SO helpful. I truly appreciate it and actually implemented the suggestions.

The mystery is solved... Kind of. LOL.

So yep we had a huge talk and she told me that her feelings are SO STRONG (emphasis hers) for me that she basically doesn't know what to do with them because they terrify her. And, that she was crushed when I started dating other people, even though she told me to do so. She said that she told me to do that because she would never tell someone what to do or not do or hold anyone back from whatever it is they want. She said she concluded that I was not interested in her when I started dating "2.1 million other girls" as she described it. She also said it was KILLING her to hear about my dates. So I said "well then why did you ask??" And she said "because I had no right to be upset when I was the one who said go date others."

I told her that when she told me to go and date others, I took that as SHE was the uninterested one, and that was pretty much a polite rejection - since personally if I really liked someone I would NOT tell them to go date other people. I also interpreted the fact that she always asked about my dates as she just liked me as a friend.

I told her I didn't think it was fair to tell me to go and date other people, and then when I follow directions and do so (thinking that's what she WANTED) then she uses that as "proof of my disinterest."

So we told each other we really really like one another and it was all good.

Now this is why I say mystery solved... almost. LOL.

THE VERY NEXT DAY... I'm all happy because I think we have this thing hammered out... She on the other hand withdraws and says she is confused because she truly did not believe I even liked her and SHE CANNOT BELIEVE THAT I LIKE HER.

Yay that you got this far! It's very far on the way of working itself out now :)

luminous beam

♪♫♪♫♪♫
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
to confidantes

...one night I get a call if I could please come join her at a coffeeshop to talk. I spin my car around and meet her there, where she lays out this huge torrid romance she's been having with a guy... to someone she only really met a week ago. Needless to say, I'm fascinated and we talk until 3 in the morning.

Over the next month, as we do more and more of these conversations, it becomes increasingly obvious where this could be heading. We discuss it, decide that we don't wanna do, to use her words, "the Demi Moore/Ashton Kutcher thing". All is hunky-dory, at least from my perspective, until she collapses into my arms at a pool party in May professing her deep love and attraction to me. I do what any self-respecting INTP does in such situations: freak out quietly and run away. I tell her that I'm not interested and will never be, she says she understands and pretty much figured that would be my response.

The following year and a half can be summarized as a repeating loop of the following: I would do something emotionally insensitive, she would get PISSED, we would talk and reconcile what the problem was, everything would be good, she would confess her attraction again, I would duck and cover. Throughout all that time, though, we kept getting closer and closer. By the end of it, people were assuming that we were already married. One day I woke up and realized that I didn't mind the thought as much as I once had. That I was all in and that wouldn't change, whether we were officially dating or not. That I was still completely freaked out . We hung out, we talked, we worked through where I was scared and where I wasn't... and thus our official romantic relationship came to be.

Land sakes but I love her :) It only took two years to make it happen!

i'm a starting to see a pattern with NFs recruiting NTs they're interested in as their confidantes and vice versa. and how this in turn leads to closeness and potential love. def not the first time i've heard of that :blush:

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
i'm a starting to see a pattern with NFs recruiting NTs they're interested in as their confidantes and vice versa. and how this in turn leads to closeness and potential love. def not the first time i've heard of that :blush:

Me neither ;)

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Drumroll please... Hi everybody thanks so much for all of the FANTASTIC insight and feedback! It was SO helpful. I truly appreciate it and actually implemented the suggestions.

The mystery is solved... Kind of. LOL.

So yep we had a huge talk and she told me that her feelings are SO STRONG (emphasis hers) for me that she basically doesn't know what to do with them because they terrify her. And, that she was crushed when I started dating other people, even though she told me to do so. She said that she told me to do that because she would never tell someone what to do or not do or hold anyone back from whatever it is they want. She said she concluded that I was not interested in her when I started dating "2.1 million other girls" as she described it. She also said it was KILLING her to hear about my dates. So I said "well then why did you ask??" And she said "because I had no right to be upset when I was the one who said go date others."

I told her that when she told me to go and date others, I took that as SHE was the uninterested one, and that was pretty much a polite rejection - since personally if I really liked someone I would NOT tell them to go date other people. I also interpreted the fact that she always asked about my dates as she just liked me as a friend.

I told her I didn't think it was fair to tell me to go and date other people, and then when I follow directions and do so (thinking that's what she WANTED) then she uses that as "proof of my disinterest."

So we told each other we really really like one another and it was all good.

Now this is why I say mystery solved... almost. LOL.

THE VERY NEXT DAY... I'm all happy because I think we have this thing hammered out... She on the other hand withdraws and says she is confused because she truly did not believe I even liked her and SHE CANNOT BELIEVE THAT I LIKE HER.

Yay! So glad you cleared the air between you too...and the last part, don't worry. She just needs some time to internalize and process of all the information that you guys talked about. Give her a little bit more time and be patient! But yes, very promising!

Qre:us

Too manipulative and pushy.

I'd agree with how that can be seen as pushy, but, why manipulative? It seems like the obvious thing...dude is confused (WTF?) by how the INTP reached the conclusion, so he asks her to clarify. It can't get any more blunt and straight-out, cards on the table, than that....how is that manipulative?

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
i'm a starting to see a pattern with NFs recruiting NTs they're interested in as their confidantes and vice versa. and how this in turn leads to closeness and potential love shenanigans. def not the first time i've heard of that :blush:
+1. INFPs can be sneaky bastids.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's the biggest problem, yes. I guess the one thing that gives me pause about this woman I've mentioned is that if I were to have her, I wouldn't really know what to do with her.

It's like finding and buying a sought-after action figure, wiggling its arms a bit, thinking "that's nice", and putting it on the shelf next to your DVDs. Maybe every couple of months dusting it off and changing its position.

So I don't really trust that desire on its own. It's a bit... dumb.

that is hilarious! and so completely unrelatable...haha ahhh...you'll figure it out though...or if it's the enfp...just follow her lead. :smile:

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
You want a story about an INTP and an ENFP that goes well?...Land sakes but I love her :) It only took two years to make it happen!

Great story.

I'd agree with how that can be seen as pushy, but, why manipulative? It seems like the obvious thing...dude is confused (WTF?) by how the INTP reached the conclusion, so he asks her to clarify. It can't get any more blunt and straight-out, cards on the table, than that....how is that manipulative?

It's steering her thought pattern and emotions too much in one direction. She will feel guilty for not returning the feelings.

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
With all this talk about trying to seduce an INTP... I find myself wondering "If they put up such a fight getting into the sack, surely the sex isn't any good..." eh?

So after all that work of seducing them, you find that you have to start all over again with teaching them how to go from a lover to a LUVAH!

:laugh:

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
With all this talk about trying to seduce an INTP... I find myself wondering "If they put up such a fight getting into the sack, surely the sex isn't any good..." eh?
I thought the fight was about getting into a relationship, not getting into the sack. :coffee: