• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] How to seduce an INTP...

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Then.... uh... I'd probably panic. :p I wouldn't really know what to do. So then I'd probably just try and wing it, to deflect a bit with humour, and mostly, try and follow the other person's lead.

good..that's what you should do. what the hell else would you do?!!

Ezion

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
"Hi (INTP),

I enjoyed Training with you last week on the (product). Let me know if you have any questions or run into any issues as you begin working with the (product) in more depth.

(Insert lots of random info about said product)

Also I will be in town again towards the end of next week. Let me know if you’d like to grab dinner and we can chat about your thoughts on the work you have done on the (product) so far and reminisce about the beauty of (cool science stuff we both did in grad school)

I agree with previous posters...this would be enough to pique my interest, but I would stay fairly reserved just to be safe. Depends a lot on your interactions throughout the last week and the given INTP, though.

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Rub our earlobes.

We love that.

MBTI Type
INxJ
If they're late at the lab, surprise them in nothing but a trench coat and heels. If you actually know them and have a relationship, of course. I've used that tactic on an INTP. Needless to say, it was successful. Being on call isn't so bad sometimes. :wink:

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Fact: INTJs suck at seducing people. When they try and seduce someone, they fail miserably, and when they don't try, they attract all sorts of people they don't care about.

:doh:

So you're saying INTJ trying to seduce an INTP is impossible from the get-go eh? I KNEW it!

Rub our earlobes.

We love that.

I LOL'd in real life on this :D

MBTI Type
INxJ
:doh:

So you're saying INTJ trying to seduce an INTP is impossible from the get-go eh? I KNEW it!

Nah. I've attracted plenty of INTPs with success. Mostly PhD students and scientists. I'm not sure if the fact that I'm female has anything to do with it.

If you want an INTP, just go for it.

laintpe

Summer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I really just want to say "Don't try"

but it's more like

don't be around too often/don't stalk (stalking includes running up to talk before/after classes about nothing and acting kiss-ass-like and too happy-smiley)
*i'm kind of annoyed by someone atm

i tend to be drawn to people who don't come off as being interested in me

EDIT: be honest, and don't use false compliments, it's usually easy to detect forced flattery

EDIT^2: I don't know if any of the other INTPs think this... but questions drive me insane. Questions about me, specifically. If we're talking about something that has nothing to do with myself or the other person, then it's fine, but otherwise, they make me crazy. No questions!

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^ You might be on your own there, laine. Looking at the other responses.

If someone's not interested then neither am I. Too much like hard work!

Flattery tho'. :dont:

laintpe

Summer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
^ You might be on your own there, laine. Looking at the other responses.

If someone's not interested then neither am I. Too much like hard work!

Flattery tho'. :dont:

I think that's what I like about it. Well, I should have stated it differently. If someone is not interested in me, then I consider that person to be "safe". I won't necessarily have a thing for him, but I'd prefer being his lab partner to being partners with the guy who makes up compliments and follows me after class. Talking to the latter person tends to make him think I like him and encourages his parasitism, but talking to the guy who doesn't know I exist ensures that it won't evolve into something awkward- we will just be lab partners who occassionally acknowledge that the other person exists. IDK, I've reached my interaction-with-people quota of the year, if someone tried to pursue me I think I'd pour acid on him.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I really just want to say "Don't try"

but it's more like

don't be around too often/don't stalk (stalking includes running up to talk before/after classes about nothing and acting kiss-ass-like and too happy-smiley)
*i'm kind of annoyed by someone atm

i tend to be drawn to people who don't come off as being interested in me

EDIT: be honest, and don't use false compliments, it's usually easy to detect forced flattery

EDIT^2: I don't know if any of the other INTPs think this... but questions drive me insane. Questions about me, specifically. If we're talking about something that has nothing to do with myself or the other person, then it's fine, but otherwise, they make me crazy. No questions!

This totally applies to me, as well.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Funny how different the guys and the girls are. For me, if you're not stalking me or actively being flirty I won't notice, or I'll be so caught up trying to decipher the ambiguity of a girls behavior that I won't do anything.

Though I can see how the girls develop a general resistance to overtly flirty behaviour, seeing as they're much more likely to be the victim of the whole male courtship disaster.

laintpe

Summer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Funny how different the guys and the girls are. For me, if you're not stalking me or actively being flirty I won't notice, or I'll be so caught up trying to decipher the ambiguity of a girls behavior that I won't do anything.

Though I can see how the girls develop a general resistance to overtly flirty behaviour, seeing as they're much more likely to be the victim of the whole male courtship disaster.

Although I once did know a guy who said to this other guy on the tennis team, "Hey, can you go to the spa with me? I'm afraid all of those girls will try to take advantage of me if I go alone." He was completely serious. and completely not-attractive.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Although I once did know a guy who said to this other guy on the tennis team, "Hey, can you go to the spa with me? I'm afraid all of those girls will try to take advantage of me if I go alone." He was completely serious. and completely not-attractive.

You girls, always stirring up trouble.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think that's what I like about it. Well, I should have stated it differently. If someone is not interested in me, then I consider that person to be "safe". I won't necessarily have a thing for him, but I'd prefer being his lab partner to being partners with the guy who makes up compliments and follows me after class. Talking to the latter person tends to make him think I like him and encourages his parasitism, but talking to the guy who doesn't know I exist ensures that it won't evolve into something awkward- we will just be lab partners who occassionally acknowledge that the other person exists. IDK, I've reached my interaction-with-people quota of the year, if someone tried to pursue me I think I'd pour acid on him.

Well sure, but this thread IS about seducing an INTP!

I hate personal questions too.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx

What are you wearing?

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx

...and totally gay.