• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] How to seduce an INTP...

moonbaby

I am boarderline intj/p. I feel I am more p if I am emotionally involved. I am female too btw.

I think I agree with the fact that I need to see intellect and wit. I also cannot stand to be obligated/forced/guilted into relationships. So, the statement earlier about his liking her more if she says she doesn't need him also triggers something in me IF they are the right person. I need to feel very safe and secure in the 'hands' of the person I am engaging with. I also like to play/tease etc. I love sex and I am very open IF I do choose to progress in the relating. You will know I am interested, because I give you my time and attention AND I do more than just observe. I involve myself...which is rare though very, very genuine.

*special note in being female...I push the males I am interested in to see their core strength. I do NOT want a doormat nor someone who will run. If I invest, I invest heavily and I want to make sure it is worth it (which means it takes time too).

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
So, the statement earlier about his liking her more if she says she doesn't need him also triggers something in me IF they are the right person.

I am attracted to independence, confidence, competence, etc, but absolutely not to arrogance (but then again, who is?).

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
I'd say be persistent. If he/she is repsonsive that is a good thing. If they don't return calls/texts, then probably not a good sign, but if they initiate them then you're 'in'.

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I'd say be persistent. If he/she is repsonsive that is a good thing. If they don't return calls/texts, then probably not a good sign, but if they initiate them then you're 'in'.

This. I rarely, if ever initiate either of these unless I'm really interested. Phone calls might be the exception, though. I'm too shy for them. I don't actually like phone calls generally, but if the person I was interested in phoned me first, then I would happily go along with it. But text, IM, email or face-to-face communication, then sure. I'll initiate if I'm not too self-conscious; "I'm probably pestering them... I'll leave them alone for now. I'll approach them later." So I'll say, initiate an IM conversation one day, then leave them alone the next. I don't like coming across as too eager.

ygolo

My termites win
Is this even possible? Do I just tackle them?

Is it really that difficult? For male INTPs, probably the same things that would work with any male.

Though the tackling thing would work well on me too.

But as far as wanting a long term relationship...Be interesting, somewhat enemigmatic, but not by trying to be mysterious. Being playful, and silly at the same time is a big plus.

If you enjoy nerdy humor, and even lame math/science jokes, that's another big plus with me.

You know, like "I'd love to touch your limit, but I can only approach it." Or "Before looking for groups, make sure you know your identity."

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is this even possible? Do I just tackle them?

You're not doing very well are you? First the slimy ENTP, now an oblivious INTP. ENFPs are masochists. Why don't you try dating normal people?

sculpting

Wow, I type a two line question and it morphs into a 5 page thread overnight.

You're not doing very well are you? First the slimy ENTP, now an oblivious INTP. ENFPs are masochists. Why don't you try dating normal people?

One oblivious INTP? Oh sweetie, there are like herds of the poor little dears. They sort of wonder around ackwardly with thier pants on inside out thinking big thoughts. I am personally responsible for making sure a whole batch of them manage to complete projects and actually speak to one another on a weekly basis. They are so adorable in a shawn-of-the dead zombie sort of way. I met one just last week in Boston and thought, how would I seduce this one, thus the question. He had furry chest hair poking out of his shirt and nodded-constantly-for like two hours. He was the dorkiest little thing ever. But he was so ackward-sweet-cute. We share a grandthesis parent for our doctoral work. I thought, this could be fun, if somewhat clumsy.

Date normal people-wow sounds like fun...in a root canal sort of way. Anyways I have kids and nobody dates chicks with kids intentionally, especially normal people. Besides they are SO stuuuuupid.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
- PWN them at logic. It won't happen often, but it will enrage us. Sometimes we get lazy and let Ne run free and make mistakes.

- Friendly ridicule. And if you're an NF, your version of friendly ridicule isn't enough, so use actual mocking.

- Be mentally challenging sometimes. In a non-serious way.

- Write little notes about things we have to remember. This won't turn us on, but it will just be really helpful.

littlemissgiggles

MBTI Type
entj
Enneagram
How to seduce an INTP: be attentive but not pedantic; open-minded and accepting and enthusiastic about their ideas but don't ever grovel, obviously.

In my experience...INTPs, for the most part, are very arrogant about their ideals and they secretly want an army of followers but find that they don't have the natural resources/insight into how to gather this army. In turn, they turn bitter and usually look at people who don't believe in their ideas and values with disdain. They tend to be drawn toward whimsical/creative people who give off non-threatening/nurturing vibes (mostly ENFPs and ENFJs).

This.
Tell him how much you enjoy his mind, then prove that yours is equally enjoyable. Then offer to help gather his army for him.

Also, be quirky. They seem to like that. Don't be afraid to shoot him a sarcastic comment if he gets too full of himself.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do we really, really come off that way?

oh yeah...ya do. every single one that i've talked to...it's the weirdest thing even when they're being sweet.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Be quiet, but talk just enough to let him know you're smart, yet think he's smarter, though only just. Show you know enough about his pet subject to keep him engaged talking at with you about it for a while, but not more than him, so he can feel superior. It's important to INTP's to feel intellectually superior, it's all the socially inadequte, jobless schmucks have got :D

And give good head.

/facetious

93JC

:thelook:

That's just nonsense. I want a partner who can teach me new things and is willing to learn new things with me along the way, not some idiot who tries to appeal to my intellectual vanity.

The ability to give good head isn't paramount, but I wouldn't turn it down.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Be quiet, but talk just enough to let him know you're smart, yet think he's smarter, though only just. Show you know enough about his pet subject to keep him engaged talking at with you about it for a while, but not more than him, so he can feel superior. It's important to INTP's to feel intellectually superior, it's all the socially inadequte, jobless schmucks have got :D

And give good head.

/facetious

I don't really need someone to try and nurture my intellectual self-esteem. It's already too inflated as it is.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
- PWN them at logic. It won't happen often, but it will enrage us. Sometimes we get lazy and let Ne run free and make mistakes.

- Friendly ridicule. And if you're an NF, your version of friendly ridicule isn't enough, so use actual mocking.

- Be mentally challenging sometimes. In a non-serious way.

- Write little notes about things we have to remember. This won't turn us on, but it will just be really helpful

OMG! so funny!

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
- Write little notes about things we have to remember. This won't turn us on, but it will just be really helpful.
LOL
One oblivious INTP? Oh sweetie, there are like herds of the poor little dears. They sort of wonder around ackwardly with thier pants on inside out thinking big thoughts. I am personally responsible for making sure a whole batch of them manage to complete projects and actually speak to one another on a weekly basis. They are so adorable in a shawn-of-the dead zombie sort of way. I met one just last week in Boston and thought, how would I seduce this one, thus the question. He had furry chest hair poking out of his shirt and nodded-constantly-for like two hours. He was the dorkiest little thing ever. But he was so ackward-sweet-cute. We share a grandthesis parent for our doctoral work. I thought, this could be fun, if somewhat clumsy.
Yeah. Good luck with that. If there's one thing we like more than being parodied, it's being patronised.

Delilah

We all got it comin' kid
MBTI Type
INTP
Yeah. Good luck with that. If there's one thing we like more than being parodied, it's being patronised.

Not to mention, acting like someone you are not, just to get with us.

Yeah, that'll work out well for them.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ

What makes you think you're so special?!