User Tag List

First 567891757 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Not to mention, acting like someone you are not, just to get with us.

Yeah, that'll work out well for them.
    Heh. Who you kiddin'? Sound of a fly opening is all it takes with you.
    + a jug of rum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    What makes you think you're so special?!
    Right now? You do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

We all got it comin' kid Delilah's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    + a jug of rum.
    Subtlety is lost on me, what can I say.
    *clinging to my face like a starfish of love* ....... PinkPiranha

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    + a jug of rum.
    Right now? You do.
    Drat! I was going for reverse-psychology patronization there....

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    What makes you think you're so special?!
    yeah!! this is what i'm saying!! not you blue...of course you are but all of you intp's!! so cocky...you better appreciate some cute enfp person who comes along and adores all of your lil quirks instead of merely tolerating them like so many other types would do...that's all i'm sayin....so wise up kids.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I don't really need someone to try and nurture my intellectual self-esteem. It's already too inflated as it is.
    If everyone was able to follow what they need rather than what their ego prompts them to want, all the time, the world wouldn't be in the mess it's in, eh?

I'm just as bad - I know I need someone to ground me and prompt me to be more diligent and pay attention to the "little things", but what I tend to go for are people who will spontaneously and wrecklessly go wandering and doing crazy shit with me at the drop of a hat, who don't mind getting into trouble occasionally. And even when I do get a more responsible friend, I end up being a bad influence on them and rather than them make me more sensible, it tends to work the other way round... they get more laid back and wild, whilst I just get even worse than I already am ... people want to have fun I guess, so it's more likely someone will see someone who has a lot of fun and go "yeah, I wanna be like that, I wanna do that", than someone who has a lot of fun see someone who doesn't and say "yeah, I wanna have less fun, I wanna be bored more often, I should be like them" lol I don't deliberately corrupt people!!

So, I think y'all INTP's fall into a similar trap sometimes, and wind up going for lame ducks that make you feel superior, though what you really need is an equal. Cos in reality, nobody y'all ever meet is ever up to your intellectual standards, so though you've got this ideal of the equal, the person you learn from, in reality, you never believe anyone meets that criteria, even if they do in reality. I'm just going by a coupla INTP's I know, I know this isn't universal by any means, but it can be a definite tendency...
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    intp

Soooo many h8ers in this place. A whiff of a chance to put INTPs in their place and they go wild.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    If everyone was able to follow what they need rather than what their ego prompts them to want, all the time, the world wouldn't be in the mess it's in, eh?

I'm just as bad - I know I need someone to ground me and prompt me to be more diligent and pay attention to the "little things", but what I tend to go for are people who will spontaneously and wrecklessly go wandering and doing crazy shit with me at the drop of a hat, who don't mind getting into trouble occasionally. And even when I do get a more responsible friend, I end up being a bad influence on them and rather than them make me more sensible, it tends to work the other way round... they get more laid back and wild, whilst I just get even worse than I already am ... people want to have fun I guess, so it's more likely someone will see someone who has a lot of fun and go "yeah, I wanna be like that, I wanna do that", than someone who has a lot of fun see someone who doesn't and say "yeah, I wanna have less fun, I wanna be bored more often, I should be like them" lol I don't deliberately corrupt people!!

So, I think y'all INTP's fall into a similar trap sometimes, and wind up going for lame ducks that make you feel superior, though what you really need is an equal. Cos in reality, nobody y'all ever meet is ever up to your intellectual standards, so though you've got this ideal of the equal, the person you learn from, in reality, you never believe anyone meets that criteria, even if they do in reality. I'm just going by a coupla INTP's I know, I know this isn't universal by any means, but it can be a definite tendency...
    I don't know, I've never seen that trend. INTPs tend to go more for the mindmate type.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

All INTPs are different people with different tastes, so I wouldn't put much stock into most of this...

The only piece of advice I can really think of is just make your signals loud and clear. Really, really, loud and clear. Indeed, you might want to tackle the INTP, too. Initiative will probably be up to you, and subtlety is a bad strategy. If you think it is subtle, then odds are it's something the INTP won't even notice it.

This advice is based on my own feelings as an INTP plus comments I have seen echoed by other INTPs throughout this forum.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

We all got it comin' kid Delilah's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    All INTPs are different people with different tastes, so I wouldn't put much stock into most of this...

The only piece of advice I can really think of is just make your signals loud and clear. Really, really, loud and clear. Indeed, you might want to tackle the INTP, too. Initiative will probably be up to you, and subtlety is a bad strategy. If you think it is subtle, then odds are it's something the INTP won't even notice it.

This advice is based on my own feelings as an INTP plus comments I have seen echoed by other INTPs throughout this forum.
    Agreed with all of the above.

And really, really, REALLY loud is good, also maybe a brick through the windshield.
    *clinging to my face like a starfish of love* ....... PinkPiranha

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Agreed with all of the above.

And really, really, REALLY loud is good, also maybe a brick through the windshield.
    Ah, yes.. but do remember to indicate that it is a friendly brick throwing. You know, the kind of brick throwing that says "I want you", and not for a lynching.
    Go to sleep, iguana.