First 1050585960616270 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this like...a failsafe method with most men?
    For you, it would fail with gay ones. Also, take the lead; we're scared out of our midns whenever we have anyone attractive and we want to proceed.

videodrones; questions Verfremdungseffekt's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Eh?

You know, I'm not used to fantasizing about people I know. It's always seemed rude, or inappropriate. When I've made an effort, it has rarely gone well. Usually it ends up in an extended, awkward monologue about how I need my space. Even girls I've been involved with, when I've been away from them, it's been a reluctant thing.

That's not the case here, and that's sort of weirding me out. From the moment I met this girl, all those safety catches were blown. That in itself, though, makes me more cautious.

I want to believe I'm just reacting to my intuition about who she is. She does seem genuine, and adult, and inquisitive. And cultured, and brilliant, and warm, and principled.

The only other time I've reacted so quickly to someone was when I met my oldest friend, in high school. We were sitting on a bench and got to talking about early '90s shareware games -- then later realized that the dorm room into which I was about to be shifted was in fact his own.

To contrast, my first impressions to every other girl I've been involved with have been... well, fairly similar to my final impressions, around the time that I shut them out entirely. In running the gamut I excuse anything and give them every opportunity, but in the end they are who they are.

I may be a better judge of character than I credit myself. And maybe that's what I'm responding to here.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Aderack View Post
    So I'm on the verge of perplexed. A while ago I sent the girl in question a not particularly subtle note, that --

Well, backing up. Friday before last, maybe (I'm losing track of time), she called me and asked me out that weekend. Somehow, without using any specific words. I agreed, and then called her back later that day, the next day, the next day, and the following Monday, to no answer. The messages I left initially skewed to the uncertain, then to the more abstract. By Monday afternoon, I found myself talking at length about seaweed...
    This is adorable! You should start a blog - at least. It's like John Clay without the creep factor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INTP

To contrast, my first impressions to every other girl I've been involved with have been... well, fairly similar to my final impressions, around the time that I shut them out entirely. In running the gamut I excuse anything and give them every opportunity, but in the end they are who they are.

I may be a better judge of character than I credit myself. And maybe that's what I'm responding to here.
    This is something I'm only just realising now too, as in all of what I've quoted here. I used to discount my first impressions but now I think it's sensible to rely on my first impressions of someone, or at least, what my impression of them is once I'm away from their company after meeting them for the first time and can tune into the intuition about them.

(also, yes, start a blog!)
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Eh?

Okay, done.

(Which of these guys do you mean?)

MBTI
    INTP

Er, where is your blog? *searchs NT blog section, wonders if caffeine is needed*

MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Eh?

Evidently there are many ways of going about this!

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/blogs/aderack/

Is this not the done method?

MBTI
    INTP

Evidently there are many ways of going about this!

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/blogs/aderack/

Is this not the done method?
    LOL Nah, I'm seriously sleep deprived and I completely forgot that part of TypoC exists (I mostly hang out on INTPc and we don't have blogs like that there).

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

The old saying goes: "if you get them by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow."

Has anyone seen my INTP? He wondered off into the wilderness....hohum...