half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Aderack View Post
    I'm sorry, Seeker, but you're being a bit of a doofus here.

It's pretty obvious the only reason she slept with that guy was because she was frustrated and distraught with your dating other girls, and telling her all about it. It was an attempt on her part to deal with the situation. Clearly she couldn't have you, so she did what she could to cope, make herself feel like less of a reject, and maybe get you out of her system. (Also see the thread where someone was asking why her INTP husband "cut her off" sexually, after she told him she couldn't respond to all his advances. Similar mental process.)

That said, this whirlwind of miscommunication doesn't bode well. So maybe it's for the best.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    europeans make americans look sooo boring. you guys never let sleep interfere with a good time.

i'm assuming you're european. it seems like all other countries (besides canada) make americans look boring.
    What?!!?! speak for yourself, sis...!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by seeker22 View Post
    She keeps telling me I'M (emphasis hers) the one she's into but now I just don't buy it.

If I was into someone I would NOT be having sex with others.

She keeps saying our chemistry is overwhelming to her (not in a bad way she says) but that she's not used to feeling so strongly for someone, and it scares her. Almost like she can't handle it, but yet craves it at the same time.

Where is the congruence? If you're so strongly into someone why go sleep with someone else????
    Easy. "love" is not the right word here, but something akin to it. She sees them ("love" and sex) as two separate things. You mix them together.

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Yeah. I don't understand your reaction. This was an open relationship, you weren't even dating as such. You both agreed to see other people. It's not a huge stretch to imagine that one of you might sleep with someone else. I can totally understand why she might have done it. Almost to reassure herself that she could. Perhaps you've just lost interest now that the chase is over.
    QFT. Maybe she was right and you weren't that into her, seeker. She was a curiosity you wanted to test out.
    Ti (43); Ne (41.8); Te (33.7); Fi (30.5); Ni (27.5); Se (24.7); Si (21.5); Fe (17.3)
    The More You Know the Less You Need. - Aboriginal Saying

Where is the congruence? If you're so strongly into someone why go sleep with someone else????
    People do strange things when they are in the throws of getting over someone who doesn't want them back.. Rebound sex is what it is. Been there, done that.. It can be a big "fuck you" in your head towards the person, because obviously you are still desireable to someone.

I'm assuming she slept with the ex after you started dating other girls. Obviously, you going out with other girls was a bigger deal to her than you really understand. Sure, you didn't know. And it sucks that this is where it is, but not everyone is meant to be... Also, if you are done with it, really be done with it... Going back and forth can be a bit mentally cruel for her at this point.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post

What?!!?! speak for yourself, sis...!
    well, i need to go where you are then! cuz all i see are people that have to get home and get to bed by midnight, no matter what kinda good time we may be having! is that not how it is in your neck o' the woods?

actually, i wish i had known you when i went to manhattan cuz even though it was a weekend, we couldn't find hardly any good dance clubs/bars open that seemed fun. we asked around and people mumbled things about new jersey.......then i was hungry and it was, like, 10 pm, and we couldn't even ON BROADWAY and surrounding areas, find anyone's kitchen open. we ended up eating at the applebees on time's square. and that is the last place i wanted to eat. (maybe it was sunday by then, i dunno). i just remember thinking to myself that i thought new york never slept, but it wasn't my experience, unfortunately.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by RuffledINTP View Post
    Also, if you are done with it, really be done with it... Going back and forth can be a bit mentally cruel for her at this point.
    Why do I get the feeling he'd do this just for that reason...

Eh, don't mind me; apparently I'm in pessimist mode at the moment.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    well, i need to go where you are then! cuz all i see are people that have to get home and get to bed by midnight, no matter what kinda good time we may be having! is that not how it is in your neck o' the woods?

actually, i wish i had known you when i went to manhattan cuz even though it was a weekend, we couldn't find hardly any good dance clubs/bars open that seemed fun. we asked around and people mumbled things about new jersey.......then i was hungry and it was, like, 10 pm, and we couldn't even ON BROADWAY and surrounding areas, find anyone's kitchen open. we ended up eating at the applebees on time's square. and that is the last place i wanted to eat. (maybe it was sunday by then, i dunno). i just remember thinking to myself that i thought new york never slept, but it wasn't my experience, unfortunately.
    That made me laugh... sorry for your experience but to think Broadway/Midtown would be teeming with nightlife is beyond adorable. I'm glad most out of towners think this way. Either way, let me know if you plan on visiting again...

MBTI
    SEXY

Now now, don't be so harsh on seeker. If they truly have feelings for each other they should be able to work things out somehow if they really want to. Giving up is an advice that no one should ever take.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    Why do I get the feeling he'd do this just for that reason...
    Oh my goodness why on EARTH would I purposely go back and forth to be mentally cruel to her on purpose?! No way.

I think Ruffled is correct - I guess me dating other girls was a bigger deal to her than I realized. The sad fact is I didn't want to date other girls and told her that. She said "no - you need to go date other people, and I would like to date other people too, etc" and was very insistent on it. She didn't say it one time casually. It was all the time.

So... I finally thought wow she really wants me to do this. I started dating them and never did one thing with any of them other than talk. She knew this. Then she would pressure me to "hook up with them" and say things like "she's hot you need to hit it" and "I really hope you're not holding back on these girls because of me you really should hook up with them." Literally pressuring me all of the time about it.

And yes she went back to the ex (sexually) before our big talk the other day, and only just now told me about it. She keeps telling me they are not together.

And yes I think it's a good point between sex and love. She can have sex without love being involved I guess. I can't.

At any rate our communication impairment is what has lead to this. I was up front and honest from the get go. I told her I liked her and wanted to date her and her alone. That's when she started in on that whole "no go date others and don't hold back" thing. I wish she could have just been direct with me, instead of setting up these little testing games... I didn't even know I was being tested. I thought she WAS being direct in what she was saying - turns out she wasn't.

I don't WANT to lose her but I'm just tired of being given the run around. The other girls I date are consistent and linear in their behavior. INTP girl isn't.

I just don't think she likes me or she wouldn't be playing what feels like these games.

And to answer another poster - no I am not in it for the chase. I TRULY LIKE HER.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

For some people it's not as simple as liking/not liking.

I think I speak for most INTP's when I say that it usually takes time for us to get a solid sense of direction in any relationship, before we are willing to commit fully to it.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Oh my goodness why on EARTH would I purposely go back and forth to be mentally cruel to her on purpose?!
    Because I'm feeling a little dickish and I needed to get my shiv in somewhere.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]