User Tag List

First 345671555 Last

MBTI
    eNtP
    Enneagram
    4w5/

Quote Originally Posted by happy puppy View Post
    Is this even possible? Do I just tackle them?
    You may want to see my post on this thread.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...tml#post564121

I am boarderline intj/p. I feel I am more p if I am emotionally involved. I am female too btw.

I think I agree with the fact that I need to see intellect and wit. I also cannot stand to be obligated/forced/guilted into relationships. So, the statement earlier about his liking her more if she says she doesn't need him also triggers something in me IF they are the right person. I need to feel very safe and secure in the 'hands' of the person I am engaging with. I also like to play/tease etc. I love sex and I am very open IF I do choose to progress in the relating. You will know I am interested, because I give you my time and attention AND I do more than just observe. I involve myself...which is rare though very, very genuine.

*special note in being female...I push the males I am interested in to see their core strength. I do NOT want a doormat nor someone who will run. If I invest, I invest heavily and I want to make sure it is worth it (which means it takes time too).

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by moonbaby View Post
    So, the statement earlier about his liking her more if she says she doesn't need him also triggers something in me IF they are the right person.
    I am attracted to independence, confidence, competence, etc, but absolutely not to arrogance (but then again, who is?).
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    IsTP

I'd say be persistent. If he/she is repsonsive that is a good thing. If they don't return calls/texts, then probably not a good sign, but if they initiate them then you're 'in'.
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

Quote Originally Posted by A Schnitzel View Post
    I'm not giving away the rulebook. It's much funnier watching the NFs squirm and make awkward mistakes.
    what he said.

Widdles in your cream.
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Willfrey View Post
    I'd say be persistent. If he/she is repsonsive that is a good thing. If they don't return calls/texts, then probably not a good sign, but if they initiate them then you're 'in'.
    This. I rarely, if ever initiate either of these unless I'm really interested. Phone calls might be the exception, though. I'm too shy for them. I don't actually like phone calls generally, but if the person I was interested in phoned me first, then I would happily go along with it. But text, IM, email or face-to-face communication, then sure. I'll initiate if I'm not too self-conscious; "I'm probably pestering them... I'll leave them alone for now. I'll approach them later." So I'll say, initiate an IM conversation one day, then leave them alone the next. I don't like coming across as too eager.
    Um, yeah.

Is it really that difficult? For male INTPs, probably the same things that would work with any male.

Though the tackling thing would work well on me too.

But as far as wanting a long term relationship...Be interesting, somewhat enemigmatic, but not by trying to be mysterious. Being playful, and silly at the same time is a big plus.

If you enjoy nerdy humor, and even lame math/science jokes, that's another big plus with me.

You know, like "I'd love to touch your limit, but I can only approach it." Or "Before looking for groups, make sure you know your identity."

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

You're not doing very well are you? First the slimy ENTP, now an oblivious INTP. ENFPs are masochists. Why don't you try dating normal people?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Wow, I type a two line question and it morphs into a 5 page thread overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    You're not doing very well are you? First the slimy ENTP, now an oblivious INTP. ENFPs are masochists. Why don't you try dating normal people?
    One oblivious INTP? Oh sweetie, there are like herds of the poor little dears. They sort of wonder around ackwardly with thier pants on inside out thinking big thoughts. I am personally responsible for making sure a whole batch of them manage to complete projects and actually speak to one another on a weekly basis. They are so adorable in a shawn-of-the dead zombie sort of way. I met one just last week in Boston and thought, how would I seduce this one, thus the question. He had furry chest hair poking out of his shirt and nodded-constantly-for like two hours. He was the dorkiest little thing ever. But he was so ackward-sweet-cute. We share a grandthesis parent for our doctoral work. I thought, this could be fun, if somewhat clumsy.

Date normal people-wow sounds like fun...in a root canal sort of way. Anyways I have kids and nobody dates chicks with kids intentionally, especially normal people. Besides they are SO stuuuuupid.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

- PWN them at logic. It won't happen often, but it will enrage us. Sometimes we get lazy and let Ne run free and make mistakes.

- Friendly ridicule. And if you're an NF, your version of friendly ridicule isn't enough, so use actual mocking.

- Be mentally challenging sometimes. In a non-serious way.

- Write little notes about things we have to remember. This won't turn us on, but it will just be really helpful.