User Tag List

First 39474849505159 Last

Results 481 to 490 of 978

  1. #481
    Allergic to Mornings ergophobe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFP
    Posts
    1,210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by seeker22 View Post
    *sigh*

    Yup. Crash and burn...

    Turns out she started sleeping with an ex b/c she "thought I wasn't interested." Pretty much killed it for me.

    I did not do anything with anyone I dated and I had made that CLEAR to her the entire time so to me that's a weak excuse as to why she started sleeping with the ex.

    She says she's not into the ex, she's into ME, but come on if she really liked me she wouldn't be sleeping with the ex.

    Game over for Seeker.
    I am sorry - I'm sure it's hard to hear that.

    Why dismiss someone you really like so quickly though? You weren't seeing each other at the time so I don't think it's fair to judge her for her decision. People do all sorts of things to make themselves feel better. If she says she's into you, isn't that what's important? I would accept that and explore it.

    Sorry - it hurts regardless.

  2. #482
    Senior Member seeker22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Ummm... Yeah... Ouch... Ugh... It stings to say the least. Big time. BIG TIME.

    We have an amazing connection... Makes me sad to let it go.

    She keeps telling me I'M (emphasis hers) the one she's into but now I just don't buy it.

    If I was into someone I would NOT be having sex with others.

    She keeps saying our chemistry is overwhelming to her (not in a bad way she says) but that she's not used to feeling so strongly for someone, and it scares her. Almost like she can't handle it, but yet craves it at the same time.

    Where is the congruence? If you're so strongly into someone why go sleep with someone else????

    Argh... I told her I just can't do it anymore. Yeah I'm torn up.

    And good point about people doing all sorts of things to make themselves feel better... I don't know if her decision was an anesthetic or if she just can't handle our connection because it overwhelms her. The ex, by the way, is a mute who hardly speaks and worships her. It's "easy" if you know what I mean. She says he does not even come CLOSE to intellectually stimulating/satisfying her and that their connection is VERY different emotionally as well. I think she is out of her comfort zone with me because what we have/had is so intense.

  3. #483
    failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni
    Posts
    5,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by seeker22 View Post
    Ummm... Yeah... Ouch... Ugh... It stings to say the least. Big time. BIG TIME.

    We have an amazing connection... Makes me sad to let it go.

    She keeps telling me I'M (emphasis hers) the one she's into but now I just don't buy it.

    If I was into someone I would NOT be having sex with others.

    She keeps saying our chemistry is overwhelming to her (not in a bad way she says) but that she's not used to feeling so strongly for someone, and it scares her. Almost like she can't handle it, but yet craves it at the same time.

    Where is the congruence? If you're so strongly into someone why go sleep with someone else????

    Argh... I told her I just can't do it anymore. Yeah I'm torn up.

    Thanks guys I really do appreciate it. Truly. Your support means a lot to me. Thanks again.
    uggh. i'm sorry. i know how it feels. no matter how much you roll it around in your head, it just doesn't make sense. plus you have it really hard cuz she's saying one thing and doing another.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

    The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

    Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

    songofmary.wordpress.com


  4. #484
    Senior Member seeker22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    uggh. you have it really hard cuz she's saying one thing and doing another.
    Bingo. Thanks baby.

    Can't make sense of it. UGH.

  5. #485
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Yeah. I don't understand your reaction. This was an open relationship, you weren't even dating as such. You both agreed to see other people. It's not a huge stretch to imagine that one of you might sleep with someone else. I can totally understand why she might have done it. Almost to reassure herself that she could. Perhaps you've just lost interest now that the chase is over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  6. #486
    Senior Member Shimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    SEXY
    Posts
    1,868

    Default

    I'm very sorry to hear that seeker. Just remember everything can break. However I'm feeling particularly happy tonight. This thread seems like a good place to tell why.

    I just had the most wonderful evening. I've been down town for 14 hours straight now, it's late in the morning and I didn't get a second of sleep last night.. First off I went to an office party, which was decent, but a bit quiet. Then later I went to a Drum & Bass party with two friend, and two friends of one of my friends. I was really liking this party. I started conversations with sooo much people, I even started talking to two girls who I thought might be nice to pick up. With mediocre success. Communication with them went good, but not as smooth and natural for me to actually be able to successfully hit on them. Then when I went to get a beer there was this girl commenting me on my shirt. I took an interest and talked back to her. Talking was easy and we had so much in common. She's totally into goa parties and asked MY phone number so she could take me to such a party sometime. Later, when the Drum & Bass party was almost over we went to a underground club down town where I learned a lot about her, including that a friend of hers, who went with us to the D&B party is a total INTP. She was amazed I could so accurately describe him when we were only introduced just hours earlier and I only talked to him for a minute. . Even later we tried to go to a goa party that was supposed to be going on, but it was already finished, so instead we went chatting and pooling in a 24/7 bar in the city. I later put her on the train home and went homewards myself as well.

    There's two things I'm particularly proud of about myself. First, I never made such a long lasting communication streak after first meeting someone. One of us would always find new conversation topics to keep going on.

    The second thing is a bit more manipulative, and I'm a slight bit embarrassed by it as well. I asked her when her birthday was and she said it was December. I then preceded to tell her that I already thought she was a winter girl, and that she gave this vibe *insert random story here*. It was a bit of a cold reading thing I didn't really expect anything of, but later she admitted to be quite impressed by me knowing she was born in the winter.

    Also I got extra points for guessing her weight exactly right. I'm not going to tell it here, but let me say she's rather skinny.

  7. #487
    failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni
    Posts
    5,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
    I'm very sorry to hear that seeker. Just remember everything can break. However I'm feeling particularly happy tonight. This thread seems like a good place to tell why.

    I just had the most wonderful evening. I've been down town for 14 hours straight now, it's late in the morning and I didn't get a second of sleep last night.. First off I went to an office party, which was decent, but a bit quiet. Then later I went to a Drum & Bass party with two friend, and two friends of one of my friends. I was really liking this party. I started conversations with sooo much people, I even started talking to two girls who I thought might be nice to pick up. With mediocre success. Communication with them went good, but not as smooth and natural for me to actually be able to successfully hit on them. Then when I went to get a beer there was this girl commenting me on my shirt. I took an interest and talked back to her. Talking was easy and we had so much in common. She's totally into goa parties and asked MY phone number so she could take me to such a party sometime. Later, when the Drum & Bass party was almost over we went to a underground club down town where I learned a lot about her, including that a friend of hers, who went with us to the D&B party is a total INTP. She was amazed I could so accurately describe him when we were only introduced just hours earlier and I only talked to him for a minute. . Even later we tried to go to a goa party that was supposed to be going on, but it was already finished, so instead we went chatting and pooling in a 24/7 bar in the city. I later put her on the train home and went homewards myself as well.

    There's two things I'm particularly proud of about myself. First, I never made such a long lasting communication streak after first meeting someone. One of us would always find new conversation topics to keep going on.

    The second thing is a bit more manipulative, and I'm a slight bit embarrassed by it as well. I asked her when her birthday was and she said it was December. I then preceded to tell her that I already thought she was a winter girl, and that she gave this vibe *insert random story here*. It was a bit of a cold reading thing I didn't really expect anything of, but later she admitted to be quite impressed by me knowing she was born in the winter.

    Also I got extra points for guessing her weight exactly right. I'm not going to tell it here, but let me say she's rather skinny.
    europeans make americans look sooo boring. you guys never let sleep interfere with a good time.

    i'm assuming you're european. it seems like all other countries (besides canada) make americans look boring.

    what's a goa? Winter Girl? and she fell for that? haha. sounds like a good gullible mix for an intp..........seeing her again?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

    The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

    Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

    songofmary.wordpress.com


  8. #488
    videodrones; questions Verfremdungseffekt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Eh?
    Posts
    867

    Default

    I'm sorry, Seeker, but you're being a bit of a doofus here.

    It's pretty obvious the only reason she slept with that guy was because she was frustrated and distraught with your dating other girls, and telling her all about it. It was an attempt on her part to deal with the situation. Clearly she couldn't have you, so she did what she could to cope, make herself feel like less of a reject, and maybe get you out of her system. (Also see the thread where someone was asking why her INTP husband "cut her off" sexually, after she told him she couldn't respond to all his advances. Similar mental process.)

    That said, this whirlwind of miscommunication doesn't bode well. So maybe it's for the best.

  9. #489
    Senior Member Shimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    SEXY
    Posts
    1,868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    europeans make americans look sooo boring. you guys never let sleep interfere with a good time.

    i'm assuming you're european. it seems like all other countries (besides canada) make americans look boring.

    what's a goa? Winter Girl? and she fell for that? haha. sounds like a good gullible mix for an intp..........seeing her again?
    I don't think Americans are that bad. A wee bit conservative sometimes, but it all depends on the individual.

    Goa Trance

    And well. I've got her phone number, just texted her, I hope I'll be seeing her again. It's weird how, despite us being completely different people, a lot of details about us are the same. She likes the rolling stones, just like me, used to swim a lot, just like me, likes psychedelic trance music, just like me, even down to breakfast preference, muesli with yoghurt.

  10. #490
    half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by seeker22 View Post
    She keeps saying our chemistry is overwhelming to her (not in a bad way she says) but that she's not used to feeling so strongly for someone, and it scares her. Almost like she can't handle it, but yet craves it at the same time.

    Where is the congruence? If you're so strongly into someone why go sleep with someone else????

    Argh... I told her I just can't do it anymore. Yeah I'm torn up.

    Thanks guys I really do appreciate it. Truly. Your support means a lot to me. Thanks again.

    And good point about people doing all sorts of things to make themselves feel better... I don't know if her decision was an anesthetic or if she just can't handle our connection because it overwhelms her. The ex, by the way, is a mute who hardly speaks and worships her. It's "easy" if you know what I mean. I think she is out of her comfort zone with me because what we have/had is so intense.
    I know it sucks, but I've done stupid crap like this before.
    Did this all happen before or after you had that big conversation?

    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Yeah. I don't understand your reaction. This was an open relationship, you weren't even dating as such. You both agreed to see other people. It's not a huge stretch to imagine that one of you might sleep with someone else. I can totally understand why she might have done it. Almost to reassure herself that she could. Perhaps you've just lost interest now that the chase is over.
    Yeah, I'm sure she felt a stabbing pain every time he came home from another date and proceeded to tell her about it.

Similar Threads

  1. [INTP] How to break an INTP out of a Ti Si loop?
    By XXSwagmaster420 in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 11-09-2017, 12:42 PM
  2. [INTJ] How to seduce an INTJ...
    By runvardh in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 267
    Last Post: 11-07-2009, 04:45 AM
  3. [ISFP] How to seduce an ISFP
    By Kambro in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-06-2009, 05:50 AM
  4. [ISFJ] how to seduce an ISFJ?
    By KarenParker in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 07-28-2009, 01:14 PM
  5. [INTP] How to Keep an INTP Man Happy
    By FFF in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-25-2008, 03:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO