• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] How to seduce an INTP...

Waffle

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
REVIVE!

As someone who successfully snagged me an INTP on the first date-but-wasn't-really-supposed-to-be-a-date:

-Be blunt about your feeling. If you're an ENFP be flirty as can be. Play up your natural charm. They rather like blunt things I've found out.
-Be honest. INTPs also seems to have a knack at sniffing out any BS.
-Be intriguing, but don't be false.
-Talk. I've found INTPs like to listen and are really good at carrying on conversations if you start.
-If they seem to be restraining themselves from making a move, make the first move. If they don't run off screaming I'm pretty sure they like you. Or are scared.

If all else fails I've found common bait amongst INTPs : Food.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
What has worked for me with the one I've got:

Didn't run away when he stalked me.

I ask him questions about things he's interested in.

When he pleases me, I express pleasure.

I only very rarely fuss at him.

I baby him a bit and scratch his back, etc.

Nekkidness is also works most of the time.

Cypocalypse

MBTI Type
eNtP
Enneagram
4w5/
I'm amazed as to how this thread reached near 100 pages. There aren't a lot of girls drooling over INTPs. LOL!

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
REVIVE!

As someone who successfully snagged me an INTP on the first date-but-wasn't-really-supposed-to-be-a-date:

-Be blunt about your feeling. If you're an ENFP be flirty as can be. Play up your natural charm. They rather like blunt things I've found out.
-Be intriguing, but don't be false.
-Talk. I've found INTPs like to listen and are really good at carrying on conversations if you start.
-If they seem to be restraining themselves from making a move, make the first move. If they don't run off screaming I'm pretty sure they like you. Or are scared.

If all else fails I've found common bait amongst INTPs : Food.

You are a pro. Particularly that last bit.

What has worked for me with the one I've got:

Didn't run away when he stalked me.

I ask him questions about things he's interested in.

When he pleases me, I express pleasure.

I only very rarely fuss at him.

I baby him a bit and scratch his back, etc.

Nekkidness is also works most of the time.

You too! :laugh:

cavarice

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
REVIVE!

Oh yeah, the blunt honesty - I appreciate blunt honesty, largely due to the fact that with any shred of indirectness or ambiguity in communication, I will tend to think of a huge variety of different plausible interpretations of a person's behavior. In the context of being hit on and with a reluctance to be vulnerable, the only reliable way to assure me of sincere interest is to be direct about it.

C.J.Woolf

respect the brick
MBTI Type
INTP
Oh yeah, the blunt honesty - I appreciate blunt honesty, largely due to the fact that with any shred of indirectness or ambiguity in communication, I will tend to think of a huge variety of different plausible interpretations of a person's behavior. In the context of being hit on and with a reluctance to be vulnerable, the only reliable way to assure me of sincere interest is to be direct about it.
In other words, you need to drop a building on the INTP's head. :D

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
g-coll1_f.jpg

Distract them with virtual reality.

justadbag

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w8
what INTPs are attracted to:

Righto. Second draft distillation time.

There are a few phases, each with its own lessons. I'll try to interrelate them as well as they'll allow. Keep in mind I'm just talking about myself here, but much of this may be more broadly applicable.

I am really, really bewildered when people show attraction to me, especially without obvious reason. This isn't a self-image thing; I'm fond of my appearance, I deliberately dress well, and I know that I'm bright and creative. What I don't get is the attraction thing. It weirds me out, because that's not generally how I look at the world. If a person has a pleasing face or manner, I may notice on some level. Normally I'd have to sit and focus on her to come to a decision, though. And then I'll shrug. Well, that's nice, I'll think.

I'm out to be inspired. As excited as I am when people respond to the ideas I've put a bunch of time and energy into, I'm sent head over heels when someone leads me down a new avenue that I hadn't noticed, leading to either a revelation of my own or a spontaneous revelation on her part, that I can trace and absorb into my own worldview.

For me, social interaction is all about expanding my perspective on the world. Anything, anyone that can give me this, and simultaneously validate my own observations, captures my undivided attention. Ideally, both she and I will become bigger, better, wiser from our interaction.

So it takes a profoundly unusual person -- a person excited by abstract and unusual concepts, and who can relate whatever she learns to her own individually developed perspective about the nature of the world -- to knock me wholly out of reason and caution, in the sense that people typically think about romance. In thirty years only one person has ever done that, and for everything she had going for her, she inadvertently ruined it by raising my self-preservation alarms.

It's not impossible to burrow into my graces, given enough time. Just be there and be sincere for long enough, and affection (if not outright desire) will start to drip out all over. But there are two big walls to get past: a lack of innate romantic compulsion, and a deep sense of skepticism toward others and their potential motivations. Why, I ask, is this person talking to me? What does she want? You have to show me that you aren't just here to use me for something that I can't begin to comprehend.

[Aside: one of my closest friends right now is a girl (ISTP) who works at the cafe around the corner. I've known her since late 2007, but it took us over half a year to formally introduce ourselves -- and then most of the rest of the year to see each other outside of that environment. Then there were a few months of fretting over why she kept calling me and complimenting me and touching me. Now that we've clarified where our feelings stand, we've become very goofy together.]

I'll do everything in my power for a person in my confidence, simply because it never occurs to me not to. But the slightest hint that I need to justify myself, as eccentric as I may be, and I become an iceberg. I expect honesty and transparency and a deep earnestness in everything, because that's what I spend most of my energy trying to offer. And it does take so much energy!

So you can imagine how offended I become when this dedication is questioned, or this unspoken contract of innocence is breached. It's just... icky. And I don't have the leftover energy or wherewithal to deal with it.

Well. That was fairly long again! I think it may clarify a bit of that trademark INTP reticence, though. And it may suggest a few pitfalls to avoid.

sooooo, basically, you guys like your dual-halfs.

the ESFP.

because I felt my own values strongly resonated with the description written here. (and I am aware that Most of the other ESFPs I know can also be described in this exact way)

well that's really good then.

my quick story:

I've never paid any attention to any INTPs until I finally learned all of this stuff in-depth.

then I started noticing many more INTPs all of a sudden, and I realized, "hey, I really like these people"

you guys are really cool. and quirky. and cute. and really weird.
and hilarious, at times. other times, you guys just confuse me...cuz you can be cerebrally (did I just make up a word?) too over-complicated, when simplicity is sometimes all you need.

now I have met 2 INTP females, as I am an ESFP male, and they are HOT. and I am totally gonna have to choose one of them, because I know that once I have sex with either one, I'm probably gonna be in love, and most likely, so will they.

the sexual chemistry....intellectual, and emotional chemistry I have with these girls (INTPs), is unmatched. I've never had such quick, fast-paced conversations, (with equal parts wit, humor, playful flirting, fun verbal jabs at each other, challenge, and sexual undertone) with ANY OTHER type in this world.....and I've typed everyone I know.

good job, INTPs, for being the way you guys are.

I LOVE YOU ALL.
and I've spent a long, long time trying to figure out what the big deal with "duality" is.

I am beginning to deeply understand, that it truly is great and it IS all it's worked-up-to-be. Augustus was right.

that is.....unless one of those friggin girls breaks my heart, but I highly doubt that.

our interactions are too stimulating for that, I think...
of course I don't know for sure, because I haven't actually started a relationship with INTP yet....ever.

only time will tell.

anyway see y'all. :jew:

justadbag

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w8
oh yeah and btw, I HIGHLY condone INTP-ESFP relationships...as long as neither of the two are too fucked up...cuz I know myself, and ESFPs can be pretty nasty when they are unhealthy (enneagram health levels)

when I am emotionally unhealthy, I manipulate, I use people as objects, blah blah all that stuff.....but I find that INTPs have this uncanny unspoken way of boosting my emotional health level, simply by existing near me.

IT'S SO WEIRD, I'm TELLING YOU.

anyway...so yeah, if you're an INTP, somehow, try to catch yourself an ESFP....trust me, it most likely will be great.

oh and btw, we (ESFPs) naturally prefer direct, blunt communication.

so you can be SUPER blunt with us about everything, that's how we get attracted to you.

probably vice versa as well.

CATCH Y'ALLz L8R SK8r H8rzzzzz :|

justadbag

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w8
well, at least you tried...

This. Yes this.

I (ENFP) have been sharing my roller coaster adventures with an INTP girl that I like...

An update... We have been through 2.1 million more loops of "cat and mouse" - neither of us "on purpose" - (Her Ti acts as the filter for EVERYTHING and she will do loops and loops and loops of it in her thinking, which then reflects in her behavior, and results in some extremely confusing and mixed messages on her part)...

The minute we get emotionally/physically/intellectually close, she pulls away in panic, and then seeks me out again EVERY TIME.

She tells me - I push you away not because I DON'T feel anything for you, but quite the opposite - precisely because I DO feel so strongly for you.

She says that she has never ever had such strong feelings for anyone in her life, and the intensity she can only handle for so long... before she absolutely freaks out. She tells me she has "met her match" in me, and I feel/think the same. She says she has never met her match before on every level - and that's why she is so scared.

I enjoy our intense connection, she fears it.

I just can't handle the loops anymore. It's maddening. The push/pull really grates on me.

I've been dealing with it for close to one year now, and I hate to say it, but I just can't do it anymore. The cycle emotionally crushes me every time. :eek:uch::17425::boohoo:

sucks to hear that man, I'm sorry.

but yeah maybe you should leave these ones to us (ESFP)

we can take it.

hahahahaha I'm just kidding, I'm just bein a douche, I'm sorry, I had to.

no hard feelins:newwink:

justadbag

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w8
this is nowhere complete but...

Since INTPs are described as analogous as the professor...

from the Art of Seduction

There are 10 archetypes of seducers and 18 archetypes of victims. Interesting read.

this is super interesting, and makes PERFECT sense, when I compare to my real-life experiences with INTPs.

looking back on my interactions with INTPs, I do totally overwhelm the over-thinking minds with physical presence.

I touch them, I play with them, I am goofy, and having a shit-load of fun.

they make me sensitive, yet confident, amusing and amused, they boost my wit (around them)

I think they all like that...
oh and my blunt honesty about the world, how I view it, and about them, or me, or any topic.

let's see.....umm.....

oh and I love the whole victim-aggressor thing....
I actually can sense "victim vibes" from victims (enfj, intp, infp, entj)

this feeling I get from them...it's like...they have an underlying shell of insecurity, that needs to be blasted away with something confident.
well, to get to the grits: Extraverted Sensing, is what you all need in your presence.

but I have actually been complimented on my extraverted sensing (she called it "confidence") by this one INTP, (who I'm totally obsessed with secretly), and she made me feel butterflies. I became myself more, and better, whilst, I'm pretty sure she did too (at least theoretically)

I found myself naturally exposing her to many things, places, people, experiences, music, etc.

I felt like a "presenter" of great experiences, and she felt like a "Quiet, shy, cute girl, with an unexplored healthy sparky charm and wit"

I dunno, what do you guys think? are these observations hitting any bases?:workout::smile::steam::devil::headphne:

justadbag

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w8
Be intelligent.

Engage him/her in a conversation about their interests. Even if you don't know much about em, they likely will be more than willing to lecture you.

Give sparing (very sparing) compliments, to show that you appreciate him/her.

Mostly, just spend time with them, but absolutely do not be pushy.

Right when they finally do realize they like you is the opportune time to strike, before they can try and run away.

imo

And being hot always helps.

this advice is great!

if you're not an ESFP.

but if you are, (which is highly unlikely, because I am probably one of the ONLY ESFPs on these forums)
this advice don't apply, my brethren.

I LOVE being PUSHY! and also my INTP friends/2 female INTP prospects enjoy as well, when I am with them.

I push playfully...it's a fun thing.

I naturally only compliment sincerely anyway...so they're pretty sparingly.

they don't really open up easy...ya gotta be the talker for a bit at first, but only at first.

ah yes, and run away? that's impossible. nothing can escape the death-grip of my seductive-prowess.

ok self-absorbed douche-over-and-out.

nah, I guess I'm just a little into myself, and also very proud to be one of the few ESFPs that have settled down and actually learned this much stuff about this stuff.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
TBH you resurrected it in the first place!

A good public service though, the more people that know how to seduce INTPs, the better.

luminous beam

♪♫♪♫♪♫
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
stroke their ego, stroke it good.

luminous beam

♪♫♪♫♪♫
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If that means giving compliments, you're likely to get a cynical response. Verbal affirmation makes me suspicious.

no silly, you stroke it by making them feel smart and important. by listening and contributing to their ideas/arguments and so on.

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
whenever i try to give him a compliment, he ruins it by overanalyzing it and giving all possible reasons for why this is not something he should be complimented for. way to spoil the moment.