Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Of course.

Unless i'm not in the mood for gentle.
    Less seduction, more abduction?

That works too.

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Could it be that the less interested the female INTP is in someone, the more interested that person has to be? And if the INTP is really interested in someone, they want that person to be disinterested, for fear that they will lose their autonomy?
    Yeah. The opposite of that. Or somethin. I dunno. I just make shit up, aj.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by The Decline View Post
    Pfft, don't settle for second-rate. I'd only swoon over someone who'd steal a F-22A for me
    I was speaking of being in a museum, mind you. Raptors are bloody wonderful, but still very much in service.

And they'd have to be able to fly it. I'm on my way to flying helicopters, so if they expect me to hop into a jet with them - and they don't know what the hell a heads-up display is, or how a pilot interface works in that advanced of an aircraft... my want for them would just die. :sad:

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    With anyone, but possibly moreso with INTPs, is the need to combine clarity of communication with putting little or no pressure on the person. This is true for anyone to some extent, but inward, analytical people like to arrive at conclusions based on their own thought processes. So, if you are someone with qualities like intelligence and originality that an INTP might tend to admire, then you give them good, clear information on your interest in them, but also allow them to have the time and personal space to think it through and arrive at their own conclusion about it, that is probably the best you can do.
    I think you're spot on. But might I add that you do need to keep pushing just a little bit. Putting no pressure on an INTP will likely lead to that person becoming indecisive or passive towards you. Letting them think to make a conclusion will possibly result in an INTP not coming to a conclusion at all.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Ne-Monster View Post
    Is this even possible? Do I just tackle them?
    As an INTP woman I can say this:

It's a rare thing that someone can "win me over"...In fact, I don't think it can be done!

I've never dated someone that I didn't notice first! The attraction/interest has to be on the INTP end before anything can happen. (This interest may or may not be voiced!) I usually know within the first conversation if I would date someone or not.

I can say the one instance where I was pursued he did these things and it worked:

Was very no pressure.

Did not feel the need to define the relationship or ask me to define it. (very important)

Our dates consisted of activities I never did before and he took care of the details.

Used humor to banter back and forth with me.

Wasn't clingy or smothering. In essence, he pursued but wasn't always available!! He didn't answer the phone every time I called...he made me wonder about him and anytime you can keep an INTP wondering and her mind working, you've got her!

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
    I think you're spot on. But might I add that you do need to keep pushing just a little bit. Putting no pressure on an INTP will likely lead to that person becoming indecisive or passive towards you. Letting them think to make a conclusion will possibly result in an INTP not coming to a conclusion at all.
    Oh Shimmy, I think you hit the nail on the head.

My partner for life now is an INTP, and he has requested I help push/nag him a bit. This is extremely hard for me, but I have a little, tiny J in me and so make the effort. I'm quite good at the no pressure and allowing space to think part of it.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    My first instinct combined the idea of no pressure and being the kind of person the INTP would find attractive. Your statement describes one scenario to combine the two.

With anyone, but possibly moreso with INTPs, is the need to combine clarity of communication with putting little or no pressure on the person. This is true for anyone to some extent, but inward, analytical people like to arrive at conclusions based on their own thought processes. So, if you are someone with qualities like intelligence and originality that an INTP might tend to admire, then you give them good, clear information on your interest in them, but also allow them to have the time and personal space to think it through and arrive at their own conclusion about it, that is probably the best you can do.
    This is good advice, toonia! I never respond to pushiness or immediate hard-sell in the dating arena. It doesn't allow me room to make my own decisions. So if you push me, the answer is immediately no. Let me know you're interested subtly, and allow me to notice how awesome you are and let me come to the conclusion that I want to date you.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    SEXY

You can't rationally make someone fall in love with you. There's no 'reason' an INTP would ever want to be with you. You'll have to apply to the little bit of emotions they have (as is the case with everybody.)

MBTI
    intp

Hmm . . . Maybe I could be won over by a doofus with flowcharts and spreadsheets earnestly laying out the case for my affections.
    /evil.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    INFj None

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by norepinephrine View Post
    Do we really, really come off that way?

I'm remembering an encounter shortly after I moved into my current domicile. I was going shopping, set the door to lock, walked out and closed the door. Without my keys.

Had to call my landlord, who came over and let me in.

His remark was "Not so smart now, are you?"

Say WHAT?

Needless to say, I've perfected a method of breaking in through the side window and have no further need of his assistance.

Eh, I should admit that my landlord is now also a current "SO." *cringe* These tappen. But I would still never call him to let me. I'd rather freeze to the sidewalk
    Aw, well unfortunately I think some people may be intimidated by intelligence, not limited to the INTP, and therefore label it as conceded.
    PS: ew at the landlord being your SO? heh

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post

- Write little notes about things we have to remember. This won't turn us on, but it will just be really helpful.
    This is a cute idea which I could definitely see as helpful to the absent minded.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey_Peltast View Post
    Give them a book, and they'll fall down in yer lap reading, whilst you stroke their hair like the knowledge loving pets they are .
    Aw lol I will take note and this totally sounds like it would work as most INTPs that I know love to read. The main trick would be to pick a book that would interest them enough for them to get excited about.

Quote Originally Posted by Aderack View Post
    Maybe a week after that, we went out for sushi. She was stressed out about other things in her life, and was a bit prickly. And fair enough. I tried to be cute, and she shrugged. Then she started to irregularly ask me pointed questions, that made me feel like I had to justify myself. At a cafe I pocketed my change after buying a cup of hot chocolate, and had to give a detailed breakdown of my tipping practices. It... I mean, I tip when it's obvious I'm supposed to. I just, I didn't think about it.
    I think the main point to this is that INTPs want to be accepted for who they are, quirks and all. I think often time they feel misunderstood and therefore become outsiders due to this. Everyone wants to be accepted by their SO, but moreso those types that are the most independent and autonomous

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by InaF3157 View Post
    Hmm . . . Maybe I could be won over by a doofus with flowcharts and spreadsheets earnestly laying out the case for my affections.
    /evil.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.