User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

I thought of another one: Romanesque art and architecture. And seeing kids lighting candles and praying at shrines.

And the sound of church bells chiming the ave Maria curfew and the smell of cigarette smoke wafting from a pavement cafe verrandah in the centre of Falaise as I walk past and people wave and greet me. And also, sitting on the walls of the castle ramparts in Falaise and hugging my knees and being alone as I look out over the town in the evening sunshine, and feel the air just right on the edge of being cold on my bare arms, but still bearable, not enough to make my hairs stand up.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

my boyfriend gets all giddy about new computer parts and anything with dark chocolate in it. I also saw him crack a loving smile the other day when there were kittens playing on tv.
    you INTJs aren't as tough as you appear. :p
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    This is just from observation, but back scratching can be good. Not as good as love or money, though. Then there's electronics and candy. And book stores.
    WOW... Absolutely. Three little things that make me happy Pretty much everything in this thread is spot on. Knowledge, appreciation, money, the list goes on... Oh also I saw a love of INFPs! One of the personality types I am most drawn to... (of course not the only...)

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    Okay, so what makes NTs really giddy and filled with sunshine and joy? What makes them want to paint happy trees and fluffy clouds?
    a lobotomy?
    Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas

MBTI
    INTP

- Not just new ideas, but an original idea that weaves together and solves multiple problems at once. It makes me do the "I'm so fucking BRILLIANT!" dance

- Hosting a party with awesome people and watching the synergy just flow out

- Meeting someone who thinks dorks are hot. Yay!
    "The subject chooses to sit in shadow and search for wisdom by reflecting upon his trial. The problem is not that he is cold and wet, but that cold and wet seems problematic, so he embraces those hardships in order to best them."

MBTI
    ENxJ

Okay, so what makes NTs really giddy and filled with sunshine and joy? What makes them want to paint happy trees and fluffy clouds?
    When something REALLY unexpected happens! Like....someone sending or giving you flowers ...or a phone call from someone you have a crush on.

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Okay, so what makes NTs really giddy and filled with sunshine and joy?
    Sunshine. Ne given space to wander and wonder. I doubt I've ever been giddy with joy in that sense, more like a quiet bubbling spring.

Manical glee when some little scheme works doesn't count, right.

What makes them want to paint happy trees and fluffy clouds?
    All my clouds are fluffy. Clouds shouldn't be sad. I think a happy tree would be freaky though. The idea of walking in a wood of grinning trees strikes terror in me somehow.
    Last edited by white; 01-30-2008 at 09:29 AM.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    Toonia... Even I don't get giddy with sunshine and joy, and have never wanted to paint something like that. Do you honestly believe that hardened intellectual NT's would do that?

I'll bet that one way to make them happy is to help them analyze something that's been perplexing them for a long time, give them new insight. It seriously makes their eyes light up sometimes.

As far as making them paint tree and clouds, just give them a logical reason to do so. Offer them money, tell them to draw trees as part of a personality analysis, or threaten to do something that interferes with their goals if they don't comply.
    :o Are you excluding me from the rationals? I'm feeling positively ecstatic right now. I've been known to paint sheeps, flowers and sunshine on Photoshop in my spare time when I'm feeling giddy, and my friends can do that to me. It feels good to be 'laid back' once in a while. I'm stuck being dead serious most of the time.

you INTJs aren't as tough as you appear. :p
    Ssssssshhhh... You weren't supposed to know that.
    I: 78% N: 88% T: 66% J: 44%
    Enneagram: The Reformer/The Investigator
    Global 5:RCOEI

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Camelopardalis View Post
    :o Are you excluding me from the rationals? I'm feeling positively ecstatic right now. I've been known to paint sheeps, flowers and sunshine on Photoshop in my spare time when I'm feeling giddy, and my friends can do that to me. It feels good to be 'laid back' once in a while. I'm stuck being dead serious most of the time.
    I wrote that a long time ago, before I knew any NT's very well... apparently a lot of them would do things like that. I just assumed that if NT's were supposed to be more serious and intellectual than I am, and I wasn't really interested in doing things like that because I was more focused on trying to understand myself and discover what is ideal, that an NT would be even more serious and thus be totally opposed to it (whereas I would paint such things if I thought it was the best way to improve the mood of someone I knew).

Apparently they're often more sensitive than I would have assumed from the description, though, so my impression was wrong.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    I wrote that a long time ago, before I knew any NT's very well... apparently a lot of them would do things like that. I just assumed that if NT's were supposed to be more serious and intellectual than I am, and I wasn't really interested in doing things like that because I was more focused on trying to understand myself and discover what is ideal, that an NT would be even more serious and thus be totally opposed to it (whereas I would paint such things if I thought it was the best way to improve the mood of someone I knew).

Apparently they're often more sensitive than I would have assumed from the description, though, so my impression was wrong.
    lol. I was joking. But seriously. I can't believe some of the stuff I do sometimes. I have my stuffed seal in my arms right now... Not that anyone would catch me at it.
    I: 78% N: 88% T: 66% J: 44%
    Enneagram: The Reformer/The Investigator
    Global 5:RCOEI