• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NS' wisdom-filled thread

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I realised that I learn something new everyday. So I will post about it in a separate thread that isn't my exceedingly emo blog thread.

My friend has a plantar wart on her foot. We had a very confusing argument about HPV (which causes warts) versus herpes.

So it ended with (as documented by IM):
me: so you don't have hpv?
then how do you know that you don't have herpes?
ok
you don't have herpes
there's no such thing as foot herpes
according to wiki
unless it's a rare form of herpetic whitlow

So. Lessons of the day:
1) Herpes is caused by another virus, not HPV.
2) Both HPV and herpes cause warts/sores so it can be confusing.
3) But foot warts are caused by HPV, unless you're really unlucky and have whatever rare crappy foot-warty herpes.
4) Wiki has a really awesome animated gif of a wart being treated.
5) My friend has HPV and should get some gardasil.

Till tomorrow, good night. :hi:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
And ? Everyone knows that HPV causes warts.. zzz :D