User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

Default is there a such thing as an intp that gets around?

is it even possible (with 1 in 100000000 chance and lower being concidered impossible)?.

intps have got to be the least social of all types, how do they ever get married?

my introversion is a mote around me and ive never experienced proper emotional intimacy, especially romantically. but im not sure if i want to either. i knew one other intp, a male, and i think i was the first and perhaps only girl to pursue him. there was nothing wrong with him at all but he was invsisible to everyone else.
    dont say an attractive intp could get around on looks alone because ive been prusued by more guys than being an intp would usually allow but i have never had a proper relationship. an E(N?)FJ asked me out a while ago and i panicked and turned him down ... sorry... funny because i was actually very physically attracted to him.

sorry are more accurate and serious title for this thread would be how do intps manage to date but the one i used is more funner-a.
    Last edited by Ulaes; 03-04-2009 at 06:37 PM.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

No, I don't see INTPs getting around.

I think INTPs more than any other type are quite content to live amongst their books and within their own minds. To be with someone requires a certain amount of drive and desire on your part and if you don't want it, it's not going to happen. I'm sure that when you're ready you'll find the motivation, but finding someone who fits may prove problematic. You'll need to meet someone who's patient and confident enough in themselves to allow you the time you need alone, which for and INTP is a LOT. I think your need for time alone causes a lot of confusion for most. And this doesn't even take info consideration what you'll need from them.

I too have to wonder how they ever get close enough to marry. I had an INTP girlfriend and it took months and months to get close to her (7 months of courting!). Looking back, I can't believe I had so much patience. I also require more time alone than anyone I've ever known, anyone except for her.

I say just do your own thing and don't worry about it. It'll happen when you're ready and when someone more interesting than your books comes into your life.

MBTI
    GONE

INTPs who are confident can get around. I have an INTP female friend who is really attractive and while she exhibits typical cold shoulder or disinterest tactics in shooting people down, she also pursues people that she is interested in. She is pretty successful pursuing the women she's interested in and she has LTRs as well as casual interactions. She gets around for sure.

I know another INTP female who is also attractive enough to get interest thrown her way but she is deeply cynical and critical of other people, herself, "love" - classic INTP hater! LOL. Plus she's spacey. She doesn't date because she exhibits a classic negative INTP trait - she is lost inside her head and this case, her own deep dissatisfaction with life. How does she end up dating? Completely randomly and not very wisely. She gets crushed out on girls very easily and it takes her a long long time to get over things she should have let go along time ago. She also sadly overall exhibits some stereotypical INTP behavior of not having a lot of game...like...very little.

I know another INTP female who is considered very cute and she definitely got around - I know a lot of folks who have dated her. She was/is very formal from the stories that I've heard. She's pretty assertive in a very quiet way as she approaches women she finds attractive and wants to date and asks them out. Pretty quickly. Her issues came from the fall out when she pursued too strong or the women she dated (1x or 2x or longer) did not want to continue dating her. She's burned a lot of bridges almost single-handedly and seems to ignore or dislike women who've stopped dating her -- this is mostly from what I've heard but also what I've seen. So she definitely gets around, just not necessarily with glowing results.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

INTP + good looks + some confidence + not schizoid = They've got a shot.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

There are several types of INTPs.

If we're talking about the male geek who hasn't seen his dick since the 90's and has the hygiene of a reptile. Then no.

If were talking about the local poetic cynic, then yes.
    Likes Babybop liked this post

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I know an INXP that's married to an ISFJ. They have their problems in the communication department but they make a great couple. He exhibits all the typical characteristics, but has the benefit of being able to be 'warm' to people (he has a pretty high EQ when he sees a use for it). However, he doesn't care about people outside of his little circle at all, would rather be left alone, is incredibly smart and has that sarcastic/cynical thing about life down, and when he's stuck in his own head he borders on symptoms of a bipolar person (he considers life pointless as it is finite and we're just along for the ride, and all that we do is pretty much useless in the end). He's had a couple of long term relationships and has been married for 8 years. His wife is pretty much his reason for living, actually.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    eNtP
    Enneagram
    4w5/

Basic sociability guide for INTPs.

-Have the drive to know people knowing that you can't live alone especially that the INTP archetype isn't the one that's suited to a lot of future endeavors, especially careers.

-Use Ne/Ti to 'read' people. It has a good reliability.

-Go out, just for the heck of trial and error, or basically the sheer experience of it. Your money for your action figure collection is better suited sometimes for a date.

- Granting that you're able to socially go out in a considerable degree, without exhibiting too much Ti in a social situation, you actually have good chances of attracting INFPs, ENFPs, INFJs, and ESFPs. Chances get considerably higher by a strong Fi (borderlining INXP).

- Get a wingman if you're not that assertive enough. This is where casual friends come in handy.

- Allow your Ne/Ti to pursue a knowledge base that's more mainstream. It will give you a more sensor-like impression. Also makes it easier to connect to the sensor majority.

- Flirt with Ne. It's the smarter flirtatious function, if you just haven't realized that yet.

- Make sure that your inner quirk is apparent, if it's not realistically embarassing. Makes you cuter.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

there is. i think it only has to do with your level of introversion. if extreme, it's tough out there, if not, there are plenty of opportunties to stretch the NT muscle in social settings that allow for that.
    INTP/5w4 sx

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Cypocalypse View Post
    Basic sociability guide for INTPs.

-Have the drive to know people knowing that you can't live alone especially that the INTP archetype isn't the one that's suited to a lot of future endeavors, especially careers.

-Use Ne/Ti to 'read' people. It has a good reliability.

-Go out, just for the heck of trial and error, or basically the sheer experience of it. Your money for your action figure collection is better suited sometimes for a date.

- Granting that you're able to socially go out in a considerable degree, without exhibiting too much Ti in a social situation, you actually have good chances of attracting INFPs, ENFPs, INFJs, and ESFPs. Chances get considerably higher by a strong Fi (borderlining INXP).

- Get a wingman if you're not that assertive enough. This is where casual friends come in handy.

- Allow your Ne/Ti to pursue a knowledge base that's more mainstream. It will give you a more sensor-like impression. Also makes it easier to connect to the sensor majority.

- Flirt with Ne. It's the smarter flirtatious function, if you just haven't realized that yet.

- Make sure that your inner quirk is apparent, if it's not realistically embarassing. Makes you cuter.
    damn...
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    eNtP
    Enneagram
    4w5/

Any thoughts about that?
    *winks*