• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] is there a such thing as an intp that gets around?

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My INTP friend doesn't 'get around,' so to speak.
She's an attractive lady but comes off as unapproachable I think.
She had 1 longterm relationship, and wants a deep connection.
However, she's casually dated a few guys since.. and she's definitely more free with her body than I ever could be. Not that she's easy, but she's more willing to be physically close to someone before that deeper connection is made, than say, I could be.
She doesn't seem to build/hold expectations for that deeper connection to be established just because she's begun a sexual relationship. I find that quite rare and sort of admirable on her part.

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
Even if an INTP did get around, do you think he/she would kiss and tell?

if the intp had the opportunity to get around would they take it?
if the intp was getting around, would they realise?

i only seem to see these things in hindsight then smack myself in the forehead.

INTP males, usually not.

INTP females tend to have a really unique novelty value that most N guys will go for, in my experience. I dated one in high school--she always had tons of random hangers-on.

To be fair, she was also really pretty. It ended badly. To this day I am not sure if she was a sociopath or just incredibly insecure.

:shock: i sometimes get "diagnosed" as a sociopath and/or insecure. they cant make up their minds and neither can i. *shrugs. runs around with scissors*

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
exactly...quirky is my favorite. :wubbie:

are you FEMALE?! because my quirk doesnt work on guys... just girls... damn it all...

i myself am a fan quirky guys, so why cant they return the favour?

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
are you FEMALE?! because my quirk doesnt work on guys... just girls... damn it all...

i myself am a fan quirky guys, so why cant they return the favour?

Maybe you're just oblivious to the advances of guys who are fans of quirky girls.

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
if the intp had the opportunity to get around would they take it?
if the intp was getting around, would they realise?
I think I would, and I would know if I were getting around.

You just have to look at it as how much attention you are getting, and uh, consummate.

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Most of the INTPs I know, male or female, are prostitutes. Literally.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you hang around INTPc long enough you'll realize there are INTP players too.

Not many, but they exist.

Qre:us

Usually during picking of sports-teams.

You take him...
no, YOU!
NOooo.........YOU!
*rock*
*paper*

DAMN! Best 2 outta three!

INTP: :whistling: Is light a wave or particle?

DUDE!! HEADS UP!

*BAM*

INTP: Ah, I see the light.

Next time, he's yours! :steam:

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP
The more experience I have with people the more I realize how little type really means, especially for predictive power.

Yeah there are INTPs who get around. Not many.
The stereotype threads are lame. People are surprisingly similar and different at the same time. It's interesting how little MBTI type comes into it.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Usually during picking of sports-teams.

You take him...
no, YOU!
NOooo.........YOU!
*rock*
*paper*

DAMN! Best 2 outta three!

INTP: :whistling: Is light a wave or particle?

DUDE!! HEADS UP!

*BAM*

INTP: Ah, I see the light.

Next time, he's yours! :steam:

damn...they're not ALL that way...some are super cool.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4

Yeah, who cares about light waves/particles? I mean seriously. Cool kids contemplate Jungian typology theory during PE.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know an INTP player as MacGuffin said. He produces rap music, parties a lot, gets a lot of girls. He scores as INTP, pretty preferred on all of his preferences.

Last edited:

Oso Mocoso

MBTI Type
ISFJ
intps have got to be the least social of all types, how do they ever get married?

Heh. Well, despite my clever cover on this site I should admit that I'm in reality an INTP. From the time I was about twenty until I was 25 or so, I totally got around. I frequently had a bunch of relationships that I would juggle, and I occasionally had three different sexual partners in the same day. I worked as a bartender at a nightclub which seemed to facilitate this kind of activity.

The reason I stopped was because I met a woman who seemed devoted to me, and like she trusted me. In many past relationships, I'd happily cheat on someone. However, I found that while it was easy to cheat on someone who was suspicious of me, I would feel awful if I cheated on someone who really trusted me.

I guess my issue with marriage isn't "How did he get married?" because I had a lot of contenders for that, but more "How did he ever remain faithful to one partner?"

Qre:us

Never said that contemplating the properties of light during gym isn't cool. Why do you think it's uncool? :huh:

Yeah, who cares about light waves/particles? I mean seriously. Cool kids contemplate Jungian typology theory during PE.

To feel the balls or think about the balls....that! is the question.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
INTP's don't get very much. It's like living on the minimum that society gives us. It's times like that when I wish to be an ESTP, because those feinds always get women, but then I remember one I know and am glad I'm not a mindless hedonist.

MBTI Type
INxJ
Any type that has superficial qualities (looks, money) in positive abundance, and they learn how to play people...

ConchShell

MBTI Type
ENFP
They manage to date and marry when they find a partner who has super patience and is happy to give them the personal space they need without feeling offended or neglected. I don't know if there are that many partners like this available. Perhaps there are but I just don't know of many.

sandwich

MBTI Type
INTP
I'm in a place in my life where I prefer hooking up to establishing a relationship, but I wouldn't say I "get around." Mainly because I don't want to bother with the social conventions surrounding it, or potentially hurting someone emotionally. I'm extremely paranoid of the latter and often become hyper-sensitive to compensate for my naturally oblivious state.