• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] is there a such thing as an intp that gets around?

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
The more time that passes in my adulthood, the more i realize I lack certain social skills that were never a problem for me before, but are now peculating as I strive to be more than a thinking dominated introvert. Learning more about psychology and the many social issues covered in the field has also shown light onto what I formerly thought was a social prowess of great integrity, and revealed it to be nothing more than Swiss cheese with many gaps that can't simply be filled by mimicry. There are many things I do as well as any extravert or F, but there are other things I have ZERO experience with. I'd liken it to suddenly waking up one day and realizing you've been stuck in the 10th grade for 5 years because you've never bothered to do any work or learn anything new. Likewise, I think the development of social skills in INTPs is very slow and can be severely stifled when one doesn't intentionally venture out of the INTP box.

The INTP who can learn to continue their growth has a great chance of finding love, I think. But be warned, it is dangerous to seek things one doesn't have the tools to obtain. INTPs don't socialize because they have sub-par social skills, not the other way around. An INTP can learn, but by the time they figure it out they're already far behind, and playing catch up on years of habits and personality framework built upon poor social skills is quite a battle.

Sometimes it's better to simply not experience the thirst while you're stuck in the desert...

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
Back in the day, when i was an INTP, i got around a little bit. The reason for this is that i did extroverted things like getting out and doing stuff. i was a virgin till about 20, but even before that, i think i had a "getting around" personality in retrospect. Bear in mind, i don't "get around" alot, but when i do, it kinda feels like i'm getting around i suppose. That feeling will inturn put myself in check. After a while though, i'll forget and get around some more. My getting around also comes with some inhibitions. i can be a tough cookie to crack should the occasion surface, then and now. So i guess i'm appreciative of my past INTP formed habits.

All in all, i think if an INTP has a (getting around) personality, they most certainly may be prone to getting around. Regardless of introversion.

Wade Wilson

MBTI Type
INTP
I did well for myself when I was younger but ultimately the people I hung around with and some of the things I did left me very disappointed with myself so I disappeared for a few years, did a lot of traveling mostly. Then one day I decided to get back out there and got completely obliterated emotionally by a total stranger and now only leave my house to go to work (and I'm currently in the process of eliminating that by starting a home business).

In those six years since I discovered that I've completely lost all ability to converse with the opposite sex.

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
I did well for myself when I was younger but ultimately the people I hung around with and some of the things I did left me very disappointed with myself so I disappeared for a few years, did a lot of traveling mostly. Then one day I decided to get back out there and got completely obliterated emotionally by a total stranger and now only leave my house to go to work (and I'm currently in the process of eliminating that by starting a home business).

In those six years since I discovered that I've completely lost all ability to converse with the opposite sex.

Hmm... we have very similar stories, except I didn't do any traveling.

Wade Wilson

MBTI Type
INTP
Hmm... we have very similar stories, except I didn't do any traveling.

That's what really helped me find myself at what was probably the lowest point of my life (in the sense that I was completely and totally self-destructing). When I was passing through Nevada on my way back from California I went out into the desert. I wasn't out there maybe five minutes but honestly, I never really came back. I don't know a way to put it other than my spirit environment? heh...