User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    4w5

this is comical.
    INFj. 4w5.
    Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one!'
    --C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Make sure that your inner quirk is apparent, if it's not realistically embarassing. Makes you cuter.
    Sigh, so cute. So, so cute.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Rachelinpa View Post
    Sigh, so cute. So, so cute.
    exactly...quirky is my favorite.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

Edge, I have a male INTP friend who I get this feeling gets around. I mean, he's introverted, still has great social skills, funny as hell, intelligent. He's pretty charming. The fact that he's comfortable underneath his own skin, I think makes him kinda pimp. Girls dig that.

I also have another male INTP friend, who doesn't really go out much. He's not as confident, from what I see, when it comes to talking to people of the opposite sex. That doesn't mean ladies don't like him or won't. He gets what he gives. People pick up on that, yes?

MBTI
    eNtP
    Enneagram
    4w5/

This is a good example of a pseudo INTP-ENFP flirting. I still consider this to be among the best subtle interactions I had.

This just happened a few months ago.

Me: The girl in that soap opera is very charming. There's something to her charm that I couldn't explain. Well, anyway, I'll just illustrate a scene that I really liked. In one episode, she and the lead male character (suffering from an amnesia during that time), stayed in a room, and slept overnight. The next scene shows the guy waking up, and the girl was already awake, staring at him, chuckling.

The girl said, "You know what, you're different from some other guys. Have you been some other European guy that I know, something would have happened."

Then she continued chuckling.

Then the guy said, "Of course, nothing will happen. I'm a man of principles". He was saying that in an uncomfly way. And the girl just kept on chuckling.

Well, basically, it's kinda hard to illustrate things this way. You just have to see it. The essence of the scene was, the girl was basically telling the man, "You can get close to me if you like, but then, thank you for respecting my dignity."

I don't think I can explain it further, but I'm telling you, that scene was brilliant.

ENFP Girl: Hmmmm....sounds like a certain girl that you know.

Me: Uhmm...errr...yeah. *embarassed*

Notes about this interaction:

--The ENFP girl's statement was an indirect reference to her. A more assertive statement would be something like, "The girl sounds like me, don't you think.", but then, the ENFP girl made the statement more figurative, even if she knows I'll get the meaning of it. It's a confident statement, but not arrogant.

--At that time, when I was describing the soap opera female character, I wasn't aware that she has apparent parallels with the ENFP girl I was interacting with. She was just able to draw them right away though, which made the whole interacting more profound.

-- This is a good exaple of what I stated earlier about an INTP having interest in a knowledge base that's more mainstream (which connects an INTP to people better). Here, what we're talking about is a mainstream soap opera, and it's evident that my Ne/Ti is in the works, in trying to describe the aesthetics of the scene, and the character of the woman. My Ne/Ti is still in the works, but the subject was not pretentiously intellectual in nature. The chat was smart, but still grounded.

-- At the same time, the topic that was chosen was good because even if it's the Ne/Ti that does the work, it's an indirect statement of what the INTP guy wants in a woman, showing a shadowy emotional side that's not typically shown by an INTP--a pseudo Fi.

-- The scene was from an old soap opera that I liked when I was a kid (I particularly liked the female character I was describing). It was shown more than five years ago, and at that time, I have no grasp yet of MBTI. I contemplated a bit and I realized that the girl in that TV series I'm describing is indeed an ENFP, which somehow, without me immediately realizing, flattered the ENFP friend that I'm talking to.

MBTI
    IsTP

Even if an INTP did get around, do you think he/she would kiss and tell?
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I didn't get around until I transformed into an E. Then it was mega whore-time.

[YOUTUBE="ZHQNPRzu_Cg"]This is the sound I made[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    eNtP
    Enneagram
    4w5/

Yes, someone did. I was surprised, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    is it even possible (with 1 in 100000000 chance and lower being concidered impossible)?.
    Depends on what you mean by "gets around". INTPs, imo, are more interested in pursuing lasting romantic relationships (or waiting for one to come to them) rather than just hooking up. Then again this is true of most people, depending on age/maturity level and other factors. INTPs don't usually actively pursue a relationship but wait for the person who is interested to smack them in the face with their interest, which often goes unnoticed for some time for the more oblivious of us, but recognizing the clues is a learned thing so after a relationship or two an INTP shouldn't have much too much trouble with it.

INTPs are prone to non-action rather than action, so a woman fishing for an INTP man has to put the worm and hook in the INTP's mouth rather than have him try to bite at it himself.

intps have got to be the least social of all types, how do they ever get married?
    INTPs are one of the least likely types to be married and women who marry INTP men are among the least satisfied with their relationship. That doesn't mean that we all fail though!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

INTP males, usually not.

INTP females tend to have a really unique novelty value that most N guys will go for, in my experience. I dated one in high school--she always had tons of random hangers-on.

To be fair, she was also really pretty. It ended badly. To this day I am not sure if she was a sociopath or just incredibly insecure.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?