User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

I think it's a common misconception... speaking personally, I'm oblivious and indifferent to whether I'm getting attention or not. I just have fewer inhibitions, it seems, than many people, and just like Mac always says, an ENTP is someone who SAYS, helplessly, all the crazy shit that INTP's THINK. So it tends to draw attention, but that's seldom the intention and I usually don't even notice if it has, I'm too absorbed in what I'm doing, thinking, trying to say, etc etc... if I actually do notice that I'm getting a lot of attention, the main effect is that I totally freeze and blush and start mumbling before quickly clamming up.

For instance, my parents came over the other day and my daughters were showing what they'd learned to play on the piano. I can play pretty well, but when they asked me to show what I could play I just refused, no way, can't get up in front of an audience at all. But if I'd just been practicing when they came in the door, I would've carried on playing simply because I was so absorbed in it that I didn't notice them there. As soon as I saw them, I'd come to a halt and freeze. And this is just my parents, in my own house.

I have tended to find that the people who have been the most determined to see me as an attention seeker, and to see it and much of my other behaviour and thoughts in a negative light, are INFJ's... I can't think of any other type that has so consistently thought they absolutely "had me down", whilst I've felt totally certain that they absolutely misunderstand just about every single thing about me. I've totally given up trying to explain to them as well, cos it only ever makes things worse.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Army View Post
    Aren't most Es attention whores?

I know I can be.
    Out of the Ns, I've found ENTJs to be more goal oriented than ENTPs, who seem more people oriented. With ENTJs going longer stretches of time working on something solitary or non-social, sometimes to the point of becoming alienated. And with ENFPs, I've noticed some more introverted tendencies with them than other ENs.

MBTI
    EN?P
    Enneagram

I know a number of ENTJs who are shameless attention whores and egomaniacs.

Arcesso pulli gingerios! Eldanen's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTp

Instead of currying favor they tend to openly demand it, or act out.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I've known egomaniac ones, I didn't consider them attention whores, but maybe that just went with the egomania.

garbage

By nature of this thread even existing, the question has been answered.

entps love attention. and they're whores.

MBTI
    EN?P
    Enneagram

But so do many ENFPs. I just thought that wanting attention was an extrovert thing. Some extroverts want attention more than others.

MBTI
    IsTP

But so do many ENFPs. I just thought that wanting attention was an extrovert thing. Some extroverts want attention more than others.
    *attention*
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    I think it's a common misconception... speaking personally, I'm oblivious and indifferent to whether I'm getting attention or not. I just have fewer inhibitions, it seems, than many people, and just like Mac always says, an ENTP is someone who SAYS, helplessly, all the crazy shit that INTP's THINK. So it tends to draw attention, but that's seldom the intention and I usually don't even notice if it has, I'm too absorbed in what I'm doing, thinking, trying to say, etc etc... if I actually do notice that I'm getting a lot of attention, the main effect is that I totally freeze and blush and start mumbling before quickly clamming up.

For instance, my parents came over the other day and my daughters were showing what they'd learned to play on the piano. I can play pretty well, but when they asked me to show what I could play I just refused, no way, can't get up in front of an audience at all. But if I'd just been practicing when they came in the door, I would've carried on playing simply because I was so absorbed in it that I didn't notice them there. As soon as I saw them, I'd come to a halt and freeze. And this is just my parents, in my own house.

I have tended to find that the people who have been the most determined to see me as an attention seeker, and to see it and much of my other behaviour and thoughts in a negative light, are INFJ's... I can't think of any other type that has so consistently thought they absolutely "had me down", whilst I've felt totally certain that they absolutely misunderstand just about every single thing about me. I've totally given up trying to explain to them as well, cos it only ever makes things worse.
    Thank you, its good to not feel alone, sometimes
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]