First 123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    This is probably why I have no idea what goes on in his head. I'm not getting the INTP speak.

Did you see this part? "As obvious as this is from outside the company I do have this confirmed from inside the company too."
    Well, ok then.

Working under the assumption that he is indeed trying to impress you... um... idk, be yourself? You got to that state by being yourself, so that's probably what you should do.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Keep making sense and giving him good ideas, and let him know that you're ready to take on more responsibility should the opportunity arise.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    Keep making sense and giving him good ideas, and let him know that you're ready to take on more responsibility should the opportunity arise.
    This. But I will tell you that it kind of raises my INTP hackles that it sounds like you're asking for advice in order to use him.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Show him your hard drive

Well..I guess you could just how him/her a lot of attention, it seems as though INTPs are secretly attracted to it, at least, from the friends that I have that have shown it.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

^And by 'hard drive' he means genitals.

Get to it, missy.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    This. But I will tell you that it kind of raises my INTP hackles that it sounds like you're asking for advice in order to use him.
    Am I using him? I really just want to know the best way to approach it. If your boss's boss decided they really liked you wouldn't you want to figure out how to use it to your advantage? It seems silly to have this notice of the CEO and not get ahead in some way because of it.

I'm not going to have sex with him or show him anything even though those are great suggestions.

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

I'm always impressed by someone having random knowledge, even if it's somewhat of an unrelated topic. IMO, try to demonstrate your knowledge of something indirectly related to company-related business, like display your economic knowledge (could read the wall street journal for the next week, that might even give u ideas) ...... because I don't think there's any form of life lower, in the INTP's eye, than a person who ONLY knows what he/she needs to get a paycheck, and ignores EVERYTHING else in the world cuz "i don't need to know that....". It's disgusting

Like people who say they're "done with college"...... WTF, how could you ever be "done" with it? Knowledge is never finished

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    I'm not going to have sex with him or show him anything even though those are great suggestions.
    Just how badly do you want to 'get ahead' then?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

I've heard they enjoy learning and competency - up to the point where you can impress them to make good partners! Frankly, you have to be willing to take that chance, and live up to it.

I always connect well with someone who demonstrates Ne in some way, especially when it's useful and productive Ne in the workplace.

What to do? Keep generating good ideas, and take any criticism from him as constructive to help you generate even better ideas.