• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Observational Differences Between the ENTJ and the INTJ

Ezra

Luctor et emergo
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm interested in behavioural differences between the two types. Any takers? :jew:

groovejet02

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I'm interested in behavioural differences between the two types. Any takers? :jew:

INTJs plot silently.

ENTJs do it loudly - and do not hesitate to order their minions around.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I think that both types are very similar.

For example it can be hard to tell the difference between ENTJ and INTJ that is showing its social side. Unless we are talking about very E and very I.

If I were to doubt my type my second choice would be ENTJ.
I am very introverted person but I also have very well developed NTJ part. Which is constantly spilling over the introversion. That is why I never become total isolationist.
But instead I created connections with few people so that I get informations and I aways know what is going on. You can't call that exactly a friendship but it is social connection.

So my NTJ part makes me quite unusual introvert. Since I am not shy or socialy paranoid what is typical for introverts.
What can be quite intimidating since no one expect that much directness, hostility,criticism and organisation from so introverted person. If I show my "cards" I usually do it with an element of suprise.
But with ENTJ you more or less know where you are since they are far more open and they get along with people better since they are people oriented they can never become so cold as INTJs since people have problems with that.

What we share is desire to control, understand and improve systems, good selfesteem and long range big picture thinking.

I always looked at diferences between the two like:

ENTJ- Supreme Commander of armed forces
INTJ- Director of intelligence agency

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
This is going to be odd and I hope not hurtful...

ENTJs look like wounded cyborgs.

They're strong, purposeful, always on a mission... and every time I meet one I can see them scanning me. And I can feel myself scanning them too. And it's a strange stand-off, like a bridge can't be made.

No idea what I look like to them.

Rangler

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w8
ENTJs have a strong drive toward people. My best friend is and INTJ, when we go to the bar he just wants to sit and talk by ourselves. It can be a drag, he sees my need to socialize as a weakness.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
ENTJs have a strong drive toward people. My best friend is and INTJ, when we go to the bar he just wants to sit and talk by ourselves. It can be a drag, he sees my need to socialize as a weakness.

What do you mean by "socialize"?

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
*adds vocabulary to AO-robot*

Tee hee, that made me giggle.

EDIT: As for differences, I guess the big one is that they suck and we don't.

(is being jokey)

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I meant talking to people. Not government owned means of production. lol.

If it is just talking then Ok. But if you have a need to dance , spend time in karaoke bars, get drunk ...... etc. then I can clearly see why he would see it as disadvantage.

But something tells me that you are not that much hostile toward those activities. Probably you even enjoy in them from time to time.

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP
INTJs are completely detached from their senses.

It's a little known fact that they can breathe underwater.

pippi

MBTI Type
xxxx
INTJs are completely detached from their senses.

It's a little known fact that they can breathe underwater.

Completely true. :cheese:

ENTJs are more sensory oriented, that's their tertiary function. That combined with their E make them want to experience things in the world. Their dominant Te makes them bossy.

INTJs are invisible. They are the quiet observer in the corner.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
INTJs are invisible. They are the quiet observer in the corner.

This is so satisfying. Then we giggle. Yeah giggle. Deep inside where no one can see.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx

I believe both the INTJ and ENTJ (disregarding the 'E' and 'I' extremes) are highly similar - because of the 'NTJ' function. Both are well-apt in leadership, getting things done and making good careers.

... The only difference being is that the ENTJ takes a more explorative approach to the 'problem' (hence the term, Executive) and the INTJ takes a more insightful approach (hence the term, Scientist).

Normally, I get INTJs and ENTJs on my personality tests - with slightly more ENTJs, and normally extraversion more prominent than introversion by the percentages. I'm an NTJ that tenders more on extravert. I feel that is right, as I could be explorative as well as insightful to situations.

G

garbage

My best friend is and INTJ, when we go to the bar he just wants to sit and talk by ourselves. It can be a drag, he sees my need to socialize as a weakness.

If it is just talking then Ok. But if you have a need to dance , spend time in karaoke bars, get drunk ...... etc. then I can clearly see why he would see it as disadvantage.

Seriously?

I guess the difference between ENTJs and INTJs is that the latter should probably just be left at home.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
It depends how introverted or extraverted you are, and a barely introverted INTJ is quite normal.