• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Observational Differences Between the ENTJ and the INTJ

rav3n

Cognitive function order:

INTJ = Ni, Te, Fi, Se
ENTJ = Te, Ni, Se, Fi

Reversed order functions create different results. INTJ will mull over a problem longer so they can see the pitfalls where an ENTJ will get a more cursory overview and act on it more quickly. Both have downfalls in that delaying action on minor issues causes problems for an INTJ in a high stress, fast-paced environment. Leaping head first into what originally appeared to be a minor problem, can come back to bite ENTJs in the ass.

Sensory world is the achilles heel of the INTJ, as ENTJs grapple with their feelings function.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I guess the difference between ENTJs and INTJs is that the latter should probably just be left at home.
I generally do prefer this option, since few people invite me to places I consider worth going to.

My ENTJ friends differ from the INTJs I know primarily in reaching out to others more. They enjoy socializing more, though in a classy, sometimes understated way. They are more likely to speak up to others about things they don't like, which relates to the idea of them being controlling or directing. The one, however, has surprising sensitivity to how others will react to what she does and uses this to temper her approach. The other is just -- I can only call it laid back, though that sounds funny for an ENTJ -- such that when he directs it doesn't come across as overbearing. Both, however, are interested in similar discussion topics as the INTJs, and often approach arguments and analyses in similar ways.

F

figsfiggyfigs

INTJ = Acts like a robot.
ENTJ = Thinks like a robot.

Yesss?? Nooo??

or the other way around??

Lark

INTJ = Acts like a robot.
ENTJ = Thinks like a robot.

Yesss?? Nooo??

or the other way around??

terminator.jpg

robocop_l.jpg

F

figsfiggyfigs

well @ Zar

we're terrible at Fi... INTJ's are probably better at that than we are.

INTJ's come off as cold, and unemotional, but whereas

ENTJ's ARE cold and unemotional.

this is to the extremes. :p

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
well @ Zar

I think this is somewhat right, but not entirely. It may be that INTJs feel more deeply, and are more in tune with their emotions, but to the outsider, I think they will appear more cold than ENTJs. People can only see the extraverted functions, and with INTJs, they are much less social, which can make them appear like they just don't give a crap about people, whether that is actually right or not.

I think your statement about INTJs acting like robots and ENTJs thinking like robots, while a joke, actually has some truth in it.

Lark

I dont think you guys are right, I think that ENTJs rationalise more, they feel just the same but they can rationalise, theorise and think in response, applying knowledge they've acquired, in deference to reactively emoting, validating etc. etc.

I'm not be prejorative here, I'm just talking about what would appear to come most "naturally" or be a "second nature" if you know what I mean.

rav3n

well @ Zar

We apparently vomit emotion. Love that descriptive! :D

G

Ginkgo

This is going to be odd and I hope not hurtful...

ENTJs look like wounded cyborgs.

They're strong, purposeful, always on a mission... and every time I meet one I can see them scanning me. And I can feel myself scanning them too. And it's a strange stand-off, like a bridge can't be made.

No idea what I look like to them.

You may be lucky they weren't decontamination scans. :wink:

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would not use how social they as necessarily the best indicator. ENXX is still really only going to fully be able communicate with 10-25% of the population.

UGH. There has to be a bullshit filter somewhere on this site.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This is going to be odd and I hope not hurtful...

ENTJs look like wounded cyborgs.

They're strong, purposeful, always on a mission... and every time I meet one I can see them scanning me. And I can feel myself scanning them too. And it's a strange stand-off, like a bridge can't be made.

No idea what I look like to them.

Well, right now you look pretty odd. ;)

What's up with the "wounded" part though?

fragrance

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
An INTJ would rather delay a project to implement the system properly, the ENTJ would be satisfied with a 70%-perfect system.